...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
You can always go back...but
Tampa's hurricane blessing: 92 years of misses, and counting

TAMPA — The statistical peak of hurricane season came and went this week and, just like it's done for the last 92 years, Tampa dodged a direct hit from a major storm.

Some scientists attribute the remarkably low frequency of hurricane strikes to blind luck. Others credit Tampa's location on the Central Gulf Coast as the main factor why devastating storms seem to skirt by.

Whatever the reason, maps from the National Hurricane Center showing where hurricanes have made landfall in the past 60 years reveal a striking pattern: while long stretches of South Florida and the Gulf Coast are dotted with stricken areas, the Tampa area remains virtually unblemished.

“Looking back on the frequency of hurricanes in the last 150 years, Tampa has been extremely lucky,” said William H. Gray, founder of the Tropical Meteorology Project at Colorado State University.

A major hurricane has not hit Tampa since 1921, decades before the National Weather Service started naming storms.

...my girl is from here and she said hurricane andrew brought flooding through this area back when it hit in the 1990's. somebody lying

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
This. Nobody feels sorry for them. They picked Trump.

...my girl is from here and she said hurricane andrew brought flooding through this area back when it hit in the 1990's. somebody lying

I don't know the history of this and I'm too lazy to research it...so I'm not going to say you're wrong.

One thing I do want to point out is there is a difference between a hurricane and flooding....a hurricane can bring flooding to areas, but just because an area flooded doesn't mean it was directly his with a hurricane.

Corpus and Rockport were hit with Harvey...if you look at the pictures houses were torn apart, the whole cities looked different after the storm...then they flooded afterwards due to the rain.

Houston and Port Arthur flooded as a result of the rain that came from the hurricane...however we were not hit directly with the storm

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
giphy.gif

:troll:
The most inconsistent gif used on here lol..

Y'all better make one for Texas and NY...

Irma like "aye, New yawk let me holla at ya"

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli:

Hurricane Irma aint going to no fukkin New York.
Until I see it posted by the National Weather Service, yall spitting duck tales

:duck::camby:

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa

I'm from here as well...Maybe she lived in another part. In within the city east side and a few hrs of rain causes flooding esp over by Bayshore. But It always seems like everytime a hurricane is supposed to hit Tampa, shyt turn the last minute.

There WILL be a day when it won't turn and on that day....SMH. y'all thought Katrina and Harvey was bad :mjcry::why::to:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
All I know is Midwest keep winnin'.
living in the Midwest is already a loss ...

I used to live in Indianapolis breh. You have to deal with tornadoes in the Midwest.

Plus, the winters can be harsh for people who aren't used to it (I lived in Alaska too so the winters weren't bad to me).

morris

Superstar
Daps
Hurricane Frances and Ivan did some damage. I know because I was living there in 2004

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Take the same path as the slave route, always land on those islands then venture up to New Orleans/LA area

Coincidence I think not
They say hurricanes contain the lost souls of those died on the way to the Americas during the slave trade :wow:

Seeing that Black folks bear the brunt of catastrophic hurricanes, it would be pretty fukked up for our haunted ancestors to do this don't ya think?

DMV looking like it has the GOT weather. We're too far north for hurricanes and because we are so far south our winters are mild (only one or 2 major snow storms a year which don't start until January). We're too far East for tornados and on no fault line.

#winning

Nah

Atlanta > DMV

Warmer winters, no snow unlike yall plus have all of the advantages you stated.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Seeing that Black folks bear the brunt of catastrophic hurricanes, it would be pretty fukked up for our haunted ancestors to do this don't ya think?

Nah

Atlanta > DMV

Warmer winters, no snow unlike yall plus have all of the advantages you stated.
They indefinitely lost :yeshrug: