Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
im no meteorologist, but isnt the reason harvey was so devastating was that it literally just sat there for days with no weather system anywhere to push it out? sure any big storm will bring damage, but nothing catastrophic unless it just sits in place for days

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
:stopitslime:

TornadovsHurr_fromGinis_NSTA_2009-hvst.jpg

So you mean to tell me that they give y'all fifteen minutes warning to prepare for a 300 mph demolition monster and that's safer than a hurricane? Gonna take those fifteen minutes to call your loved ones cuz you'll be a goner after that. :merchant:

Dallas is a tornado prone city. How has it affect it over the last 40 years?

That shyt normally hits places with sub 20,000 people

PullOutGawd

Boosie the GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Falls
I'm glad I live in Canada:francis:

Good luck my American brehs and brehettes:picard:

I feel you man..
all we gotta do is worry bout snow
But from the looks of the maps some of Irma will touch South Ontario (I'm near Toronto)
Although it'll just be some bullshyt rain, I fukking hate rain

i was on Harvey live youtube feeds all weekend and found out that hurricanes first develop off of the coast of africa :ohhh:

That's actually really interesting
If you did any research on this afterwards link me :feedme;
Ima look this up

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:...got dammit i just moved here to tampa, and another hurricane is about to hit landfall. this whole experience has just been a muhf**kin disaster. should have kept my ass in dallas.

You can always go back...but
Tampa's hurricane blessing: 92 years of misses, and counting

TAMPA — The statistical peak of hurricane season came and went this week and, just like it's done for the last 92 years, Tampa dodged a direct hit from a major storm.

Some scientists attribute the remarkably low frequency of hurricane strikes to blind luck. Others credit Tampa's location on the Central Gulf Coast as the main factor why devastating storms seem to skirt by.

Whatever the reason, maps from the National Hurricane Center showing where hurricanes have made landfall in the past 60 years reveal a striking pattern: while long stretches of South Florida and the Gulf Coast are dotted with stricken areas, the Tampa area remains virtually unblemished.

“Looking back on the frequency of hurricanes in the last 150 years, Tampa has been extremely lucky,” said William H. Gray, founder of the Tropical Meteorology Project at Colorado State University.

A major hurricane has not hit Tampa since 1921, decades before the National Weather Service started naming storms.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
If I had to guess where this thing goes I prolly say it starts turning north towardz the east coast but it just skirts some of those states before turning east towards Europe

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Meh