Reppin
gnap
i think investor-friendly nadella went in there and confused them $$$

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
i don’t care. whatever gets me the games i want the cheapest is what i’ll do. don’t give a fukk about no consumerism or anything at all. it’s funny how people complain about one corporation compared to the other.

like sony is a good guy or ethical
or nintendo.

all three are complete garbage and need to be dismantled.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I would love to actually have Xbox be competitive and stay that way. Both Sony and M$ have shown to make anti consumer moves when they are “winning”. Every time the other company was there to take advantage and hurt sales of the “winning” side.
just because MS got out on the 1st leg of the relay with the 360 don't mean they ever won anything. Lost that race too. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i don’t care. whatever gets me the games i want the cheapest is what i’ll do. don’t give a fukk about no consumerism or anything at all. it’s funny how people complain about one corporation compared to the other.

like sony is a good guy
or nintendo.

all three are complete garbage and need to be dismantled.

People trying to personify multi-billion dollar companies is the one of many problems when talking about gaming.

Good, evil, villain, anti-consumer, its all bullshyt. The thing that matters is what pricing structure is most beneficial to us as a consumer, and while gamepass obviously looks the most appealing at the moment, the long term effects on the industry could prove to be dire, depending on the type of games you prefer.

I’d rather Microsoft prove they can put out consistent compelling software before we allow them to take the reigns of the entire industry, but thats just me. We’re going on two generations now with them proving they haven’t been able to even manage the small fleet of studios they’ve had much less two major publishers.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
People trying to personify multi-billion dollar companies is the one of many problems when talking about gaming.

Good, evil, villain, anti-consumer, its all bullshyt. The thing that matters is what pricing structure is most beneficial to us as a consumer, and while gamepass obviously looks the most appealing at the moment, the long term effects on the industry could prove to be dire, depending on the type of games you prefer.

I’d rather Microsoft prove they can put out consistent compelling software before we allow them to take the reigns of the entire industry, but thats just me. We’re going on two generations now with them proving they haven’t been able to even manage the small fleet of studios they’ve had much less two major publishers.

there's a reason Disney didn't put out Wakanda Forever on D+ day 1. :mjlol:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Whole development teams exist like 343 just to make a product like Halo and nothing else. Bungee left to get out from under that culture and you constantly hear of departures at these sorts of studios in Microsoft. Pre-Phil Spencer if somebody leading 343 has a new idea for a new series does it get made? Meanwhile if somebody leading Naughty Dog has a new idea you get The Last of Us.

Nothing has stopped Xbox from embracing and producing ideas from teams they owned. Destiny was created by a studio they used to own. If Bungie has such problems being owned why are they now part of PlayStation. So no I don’t think the devs at Microsoft have the same level of passion for the company as Nintendo and Sony devs.
:why: Sony and Nintendo don't house studios that work on single franchises? Santa Monica has made shyt besides God of War?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:why: Sony and Nintendo don't house studios that work on single franchises? Santa Monica has made shyt besides God of War?

Santa Monica has been an incubation studio for a while actually. Almost all of Sonys primary studios serve other purposes other than internal development.
The External Development group, a department within Santa Monica Studio separate from internal development teams,[4] acts as both a video game publisher and business incubator for indie game studios, notably Thatgamecompany and its game Journey.[2][5] Other incubated teams include Broodworks, Eat Sleep Play, Fun Bits, Giant Sparrow, Incognito Entertainment, Q-Games, and Ready at Dawn

They co-developed the Order 1886 last gen

79-ADA63-D-2-E47-4-C0-A-A60-D-B125-FF27-EF8-F.jpg

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Santa Monica has been an incubation studio for a while actually. Almost all of Sonys primary studios serve other purposes other than internal development.

They co-developed the Order 1886 last gen

79-ADA63-D-2-E47-4-C0-A-A60-D-B125-FF27-EF8-F.jpg
Answer my question :camby: . Don't nobody care about any of that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Answer my question :camby: . Don't nobody care about any of that.

I did answer your question, Santa Monica studios acts as a publisher and helps co-develop other games, they haven’t been solely dedicated to just God of War for the last 20 years like 343 is with Halo. It’s a studio that serves multiple functions at SIE

I also have no doubt they will be releasing a new IP this generation, because Sony is letting them. Can 343 go to the big dawgs at Microsoft and say they want off Halo?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
None of those say sony is doomed.

It’s all about whether sony will “compete” with gamepass. Hell that’s what sony and microsoft are fighting in court about now. It’s one of the biggest stories in gaming.

But that’s how you weirdos see stuff. Merely questioning if sony will have to “compete” is saying they are “doomed” to y’all.

nikkas are actually fukkin crazy :mjlol: