How would you "Fix" Age of Ultron?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ironman's rogues gallery sucks, I'll admit. Honestly Mandarin really shouldn't have translated well to live-action, but i was impressed with Kingsley's presence.

Marvel live action universe isn't tackling the difficult theme of racism and white supremacy. I would love for the films to touch on it. Hell, i like your narrative of each businessman being someone Tony could have become or what part of him actually is. That story could have worked, had it been the only story. To focus on Mandarin only for him to really be Trevor, and Killian to be some nerd from back in the day with a chip on his shoulder over Tony was pretty lame.

Movie was entertaining, as are 90% of Marvel movies...but none in my opinion are great. The best might be the last two in the Captain America trilogy.

They take a more lighthearted approach, and that's cool. It's about appeal and making the most money, i get it. I'm just simply saying with a few tweaks they could be much more than they are.

Serious themes and villains don't have to be antithetical to box office success.

Winter soldier and civil war deal with some serious stuff head on. Winter soldier is explicitly about freedoms and a post 9/11 theme and surveillance and how many freedoms are we willing to give up to be safe while also asking how much compromise is too much. Similar to the dark knight

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Winter soldier and civil war deal with some serious stuff head on. Winter soldier is explicitly about freedoms and a post 9/11 theme and surveillance and how many freedoms are we willing to give up to be safe while also asking how much compromise is too much. Similar to the dark knight

Which is why I view them higher. Should have put that in there.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Less jokes for no reason. Even the fake Quicksilver made a joke when he died. "Bet you didn't see that coming. :mjgrin:"

Man, shut up and die, you didn't have a character in the first place. Literally was brought in for that movie specifically just to be killed off. Was the audience supposed to care about dude? His death had no emotional impact for me. It was basically like killing off a fast civilian.

None of the 'stakes' in the movie seemed to matter because everybody was just making jokes. Ultron was making more jokes more than the Joker.

In saying that, I didn't hate the movie. I thought it was fun. Just jokey to the extent that nothing seemed to matter.
That wasn't a joke. That was supposed to be sentimental.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
IM3 is crazy underrated in here, and its themes and commentary are much more deserving of 5000 word breakdowns than anything in the DCEU
Yep. People want me to dislike a movie with Shane Black's involvement in it? Blasphemy!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I disagree about the low stakes in civil war. That had high stakes. Not end of the world shyt but something much more personal. What’s bigger stakes than ending the avengers and pitting them against each other?

Yeah but the airport scene could have been a lot better. The jokes and all the extra bullshyt to make it "lighter" was :francis:

The rest of the movie was good. Winter Soldier shyts on Civil War tho.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
That wasn't a joke. That was supposed to be sentimental.
I know. The line was a call back to a line said previously in the film (between him and Hawkeye). Both were in joking ways. Now he dies and says it again and the audience is suppose to care about this dude? Couldn't find any sentiment for him, we barely got to know him.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Does anyone really know what jokes are?

These are JOKES!

What were some of the JOKES that Ultron told?

What was the set up and what was the punchline?

I dropped a link of Ultron scenes and rewatching it really didn’t see any “jokes.” Just James Spader being Reddington. His line delivery and cadence is just weird, but dude wasn’t out there doing the Def Comedy Jam some of y’all are trying to portray :mjgrin:

Martha

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Tony: "You're about to break your old man's heart."
Thor: "No one has to break anything."
Ultron: "Clearly you've never made an omelette."
Tony: "He beat me by two seconds!"

Steve Rogers: We can still find a better way to achieve peace?
Ultron: I can't actually throw up in my mouth, but if I could I would do it!

Wanda Maximoff: Is that why you've come, to end the Avengers?
Ultron: I've come to save the world! But, also... yeah.

[Ultron chops off Klaue's arm]
Ultron: I'm sorry. I am sor... Ooh! I'm sure that's going to be okay. I'm sorry, it's just I don't understand... Don't compare me with Stark! He's a sickness!

I guess quips and one-liners are better to say than jokes. It's clear his one liners were spoken in humorous tone. Not all of them, I'm not saying he didn't have serious lines too.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Tony: "You're about to break your old man's heart."
Thor: "No one has to break anything."
Ultron: "Clearly you've never made an omelette."
Tony: "He beat me by two seconds!"

Steve Rogers: We can still find a better way to achieve peace?
Ultron: I can't actually throw up in my mouth, but if I could I would do it!

Wanda Maximoff: Is that why you've come, to end the Avengers?
Ultron: I've come to save the world! But, also... yeah.

[Ultron chops off Klaue's arm]
Ultron: I'm sorry. I am sor... Ooh! I'm sure that's going to be okay. I'm sorry, it's just I don't understand... Don't compare me with Stark! He's a sickness!

I guess quips and one-liners are better to say than jokes. It's clear his one liners were spoken in humorous tone. Not all of them, I'm not saying he didn't have serious lines too.

I'm partial to this one though because it's good dialogue and I write like that:russ: