How would you "Fix" Age of Ultron?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Actually make Ultron seem seem menacing

Which is where the film spins its wheels. you not killing any major characters in this film and it shows. you still have Thanos on deck. its a very real placeholder.

Not a big fan of Ultron but I know by Marvel Lore standards he should have been a much bigger threat.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Which is where the film spins its wheels. you not killing any major characters in this film and it shows. you still have Thanos on deck. its a very real placeholder.

Not a big fan of Ultron but I know by Marvel Lore standards he should have been a much bigger threat.

In some ways I get that, but then I go back and think about his objective and what he was actively about to do until the Avengers stopped him.

He wanted to basically eliminate all human life.

He lifted an entire city or country from the ground and was about to drop it ultimately making it an nuclear bomb that would cost the lives of millions.

How much more of a threat is needed? Not trynna take shots, but to me thats more of a threat than threatening to blow up one or 2 boats that only have about 20-30 hostages per boat on

Just saying

Martha

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
In some ways I get that, but then I go back and think about his objective and what he was actively about to do until the Avengers stopped him.

He wanted to basically eliminate all human life.

He lifted an entire city or country from the ground and was about to drop it ultimately making it an nuclear bomb that would cost the lives of millions.

How much more of a threat is needed? Not trynna take shots, but to me thats more of a threat than threatening to blow up one or 2 boats that only have about 20-30 hostages per boat on

Just saying

Martha

Thing is Ultron could BE Thanos. And you are right he do some evil shyt. but when they started him cracking jokes and being goofy it was like wow(so you only want thanos as a threat?) film could have and should have been way better.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Thing is Ultron could BE Thanos. And you are right he do some evil shyt. but when they started him cracking jokes and being goofy it was like wow(so you only want thanos as a threat?) film could have and should have been way better.

So like..... I had to go back and rewatch Ultron scenes.... cuz when cats say "Ultron cracked jokes" I think to myself.... what joke did he actually crack? Like most case you can quote a funny joke told in a movie

This is 9 mns of Ultron scenes 2 things just really stood out to me;

1- A lot of what he said wasnt really even jokes
2- I think this was more the fault of the actor James Spader and his cadence/delivery than the script.

Like I watch The Blacklist and not sure if you watch that show, but its like this was basically Reddington.

Like James Spader, that just seems to be "him" and maybe as talented of an actor he is.... cuz I LOVE THE BLACKLIST but maybe he was the wrong choice for this role looking back? Cuz he does the exact thing as Reddington that he did with Ultron but no one complains about him being jokey, goofy, or take him less serious.

Strange, if buddy that played Agent Smith did Ultron.... I bet the tone of the character wouldve been dramatically different.

Damn my G.... you just helped me discover some shyt:ohhh:

Ultimately Ultron=Reddington

Martha

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
All they had to do was copy the comics. Or....have Ultron stomp on everybody out the gate. Spader is king, so I have no qualms with his voice acting....never will. But those fights were very lame. The Cap fight was just a slap in the face to fans of the series. The movie was very popcorny, and that's fine, it made a billy....but story wise, I was bored.

I think cos originally they were never doing an AntMan film, so had to change the origin of Ultron

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
They just need to stop having the Hulk tearing up Black people's shyt.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I think cos originally they were never doing an AntMan film, so had to change the origin of Ultron

Na... Antman was the very next movie after A2, even in filming this they were already well into production of Antman and history has shown that KF and Marvel plan fairly deep in the future.... kinda like low key to them but unbeknownst to us they got they next 20 movies or so planned out.

Martha

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The real question is how would you fix iron man 3:scust::scust:
Funny how iron man started this whole thing but his trilogy was hot:trash::trash:

No twist. The Mandarin played by Donnie Yen, all the rings, long hair and just like in the comics he stomps Iron Man 1v1, a slow process of dismantling Tony and breaking the suit piece by piece. With that said, I would've changed the narrative entirely...ultimately he would be like Darkseid for Stark, only there to test his adversaries, I would then tie said ending with the Mandarin looking for Iron Fist.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Na... Antman was the very next movie after A2, even in filming this they were already well into production of Antman and history has shown that KF and Marvel plan fairly deep in the future.... kinda like low key to them but unbeknownst to us they got they next 20 movies or so planned out.

Martha

I thought there were not gonna do AntMan, as they were meant to make Inhumans as a film - but it got changed as Kevin really wanted AntMan

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It seemed like a place holder. Like well eh we aren't quite ready to introduce Thanos.....BUT here are the Avengers you know and love so well. Its not terrible but its def not very good. I've only seen it once outside of the theater. And I was like eh. It exist. I'm not really a fan of civil war because for the most part the stakes were low. I LOVE the ending. And the serious parts of the airport battle. (The first fight score was horiffic btw) but I generally still like the movie. AOU was just spinning its wheels.

I disagree about the low stakes in civil war. That had high stakes. Not end of the world shyt but something much more personal. What’s bigger stakes than ending the avengers and pitting them against each other?

• Dap
Reactions: flo

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not denying that. But I think people take a lot off this film because The Manadrin isnt the Mandarin.

And that’s always tripped me out. I could be wrong but I feel like that movie is loathed on the Internet because of the twist and that’s it. Of course I love it so I really don’t give a shyt:russ: but the twist doesn’t make the movie bad to me. I was surprised and I loved the surprise.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I actually like Age of Ultron better than the original Avengers. I just thought Ultron could've been built up better and be more menacing.

To @Bryan Danielson's point, the cadence of his lines was a bit off causing his lines to appear tongue in cheek.

Also, I'm about the build-up...every comic film i rant on, if the build-up sucked, i tend to be biased. Comics do an excellent job of build-up, i expect comic book movies to do the same. I know this is sometimes hard to do in 150 minutes, but it's not like it hasn't been done before.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I thought there were not gonna do AntMan, as they were meant to make Inhumans as a film - but it got changed as Kevin really wanted AntMan

Maybe it was like that early in phase 1..... but I think early in phase 2 they had already resolved to doing Antman. Cuz again this was like the very next film after A2

Martha