How would you "Fix" Age of Ultron?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
From a story standpoint I see what joss was going for. He wanted something a bit more complex and darker than the original. He always said he was going for godfather 2 and it shows in certain aspects. But I think his ambition didn’t mesh with what marvel wanted and you can see the clash on screen, much like JL actually. The last bit of dialogue between ultron and vision is still dope as hell

What would’ve made it better was being less of a setup flick and more of its own beast, like other cats have already said. It feels too much like an in between, much like iron man 2. But back to that godfather 2 thing he wanted, giving ultron Tony’s sense of humor worked against that and undercut the stuff that did work. It was too bloated and bit off more than it could chew while also undercutting a few of the movies that came before it. On the real, civil war seems to be the movie ultron wanted to be

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
*reads first 12 replies*

I still don't see why people hated this movie.
It wasn't a knockdown MArvel movie so people have to get up in arms to shyt on it. It was a good not great film. It was still better than Justice League by a mile, but if you look at the JL thread...

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
agree w /thread starter didn't hate the movie at all

that being said the Hawkeye farm plot did bring things to a grinding halt. eliminate that IMO and whole different movie.

Ultron is not anywhere near as bad as some make him out to be if you know his arc in the book how his maturity evolved from Ultron 1 to Ultron (insert higher #)

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Make Ultron a credible threat and cut his Joss Whedon dialogue.

Cut Vision. Shoehorning dude in at the end of the 2nd act was sloppy as hell.

Farm scene gotta go :camby:

Get rid of Ultron’s drone army. shyt was a rehash of Loki’s army from the last movie.

Clap Hawkeye and Quicksilver :demonic:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I thought age of Ultron had some of the best dialogue of any Marvel movie. I think the film tried to get too deep. We just want our heroes to show off their powers and villains that are good.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
From a story standpoint I see what joss was going for. He wanted something a bit more complex and darker than the original. He always said he was going for godfather 2 and it shows in certain aspects. But I think his ambition didn’t mesh with what marvel wanted and you can see the clash on screen, much like JL actually. The last bit of dialogue between ultron and vision is still dope as hell

What would’ve made it better was being less of a setup flick and more of its own beast, like other cats have already said. It feels too much like an in between, much like iron man 2. But back to that godfather 2 thing he wanted, giving ultron Tony’s sense of humor worked against that and undercut the stuff that did work. It was too bloated and bit off more than it could chew while also undercutting a few of the movies that came before it. On the real, civil war seems to be the movie ultron wanted to be

It seemed like a place holder. Like well eh we aren't quite ready to introduce Thanos.....BUT here are the Avengers you know and love so well. Its not terrible but its def not very good. I've only seen it once outside of the theater. And I was like eh. It exist. I'm not really a fan of civil war because for the most part the stakes were low. I LOVE the ending. And the serious parts of the airport battle. (The first fight score was horiffic btw) but I generally still like the movie. AOU was just spinning its wheels.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
You can't fix Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3. Just pretend they never happened. They are garbage in every way.

Iron Man three isn't actually a bad of film as people make it out to be. IF you are a fan of the Mandarin as a villain I can understand why you hate it. but for the most part it was actually straight, nothing ground breaking but decent.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Iron Man three isn't actually a bad of film as people make it out to be. IF you are a fan of the Mandarin as a villain I can understand why you hate it. but for the most part it was actually straight, nothing ground breaking but decent.

The villain was garbage and the dialogue was garbage. If they had done a true Mandarin story it woulda been piff

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It wasn't a knockdown MArvel movie so people have to get up in arms to shyt on it. It was a good not great film. It was still better than Justice League by a mile, but if you look at the JL thread...

Thats the main thing I've always got from this movie and a few other Marvel movies. A few of them are GOOD but GREAT films, and its like some folks get so offended and upset by it not being great that they just go to the angry default and call it trash. I think thats silly and disingenuous.

Everything cant be GREAT but if something is just good, it shouldnt be penalized, ridiculed, and trashed. "Bu bu bu Ultron made a joke" so the fukk what... the gotdamn Joker makes jokes, Magneto has made jokes, Freddy makes jokes.... so many villains across so many genres of movies have made jokes.

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Bull shyt or not, however cats wanna see it.... in the grande scheme of things and in the MCU.... I dont understand why we are still calling Ben K's character Mandarin when the reveal clearly stated that he wasnt "The Mandarin" he is TREVOR SLATTERY

The billing per the credits for Ben K doesnt say Mandarin, he's billed as TREVOR SLATTERY. (and to be sure while I was typing this, I just went back to look at IM3 to see the credits and confirm in case someone tries to object)

If you go to wiki or IMDB and look as the casting he's billed at TREVOR SLATTERY

When you google TREVOR SLATTERY nothing about him having the the real name for Mandarin comes up.... matter fact the description of TREVOR SLATTERY is "An actor hired to portray the legendary terrorist the Mandarin"

They even later did a fukking ONE SHOT to further clarify, clean up, or whatever the point that TREVOR SLATTERY WAS NOT THE MANDARIN

For all purposes told..... the MANDARIN was not in Ironman 3

The villain of IM3 was Killian, its been four years.... cats gonna have to come to terms with that

Martha