How would Goku & Superman do against eachother's rogues

How would they fare fighting eachother's enemies

• Goku does better

• Superman does better

Results are only viewable after voting.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Yes to both questions. I don't take deathbattle or their calculations seriously...it's the same company that said Rogue would beat Wonder Woman :mjlol:

Is Death Battle perfect? No. I staunchly disagree with a few of their posts, particularly Captain America vs. Batman as they left out a lesser known fact of Captain America getting 1000 years of experience and training during the Korvac War, but w/e. Fact is, they do a much better than average assessment of analyzing these things than almost anyplace I've seen. Part of the whole show's existence was to "solve" Goku vs. Superman and I think they came to a pretty airtight conclusion. That said, they use characters at their peak potential, which can often come as a composite, but in almost all cases, not likely. Superman at his peak potential has limitless power, the difference of the different variations of Superman is where they actually start powerwise. Any Kal-El Superman is the most powerful being on their planet.

And styles make fights. The circumstances of Rogue/Wonder Woman was neither knew of the other's power. WW is significantly more powerful than Rogue but any skin on skin contact makes the fight much more even, especially when Rogue could finish her merely by holding on. Do you disagree with this?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Is Death Battle perfect? No. I staunchly disagree with a few of their posts, particularly Captain America vs. Batman as they left out a lesser known fact of Captain America getting 1000 years of experience and training during the Korvac War, but w/e. Fact is, they do a much better than average assessment of analyzing these things than almost anyplace I've seen
Same people that said Kirby beats Majin buu? That vegeta vs. A sonic character would be a good fight?
Nah breh, death battle is irrelevant.
Superman at his peak potential has limitless power, the difference of the different variations of Superman is where they actually start powerwise. Any Kal-El Superman is the most powerful being on their planet.
Superman originally was a villian with close to no physical super powers, he originally couldn't even fly,

Anyone well versed with superman knows that his powers are due to a bunch of writers making shyt up as they went along, he's been strong enough to sneeze a galaxy away, yet couldn't beat Ali in a boxing match.

You can't bring up krillian hurting goku with a rock with a straight face without mentioning inconsistencies of the entire dc universe.

You bring up feats and what is and isn't canon in dbz while ignoring the fact that superman has been rewritten so much that people aren't even sure what is truly canon with him or not.

The new 52 superman is not even close to being in the same power class as pre, or post crisis superman breh, stop it. They have been trying dumb his power level down to an acceptable level for a minute now because nobody liked that bullshyt, overpowered superman your going hard for.
And styles make fights. The circumstances of Rogue/Wonder Woman was neither knew of the other's power. WW is significantly more powerful than Rogue but any skin on skin contact makes the fight much more even, especially when Rogue could finish her merely by holding on
more bullshyt, wonder women is strong enough and fast enough to break rouge's arms off long before she was ever able to do much damage holding her.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The new 52 superman is not even close to being in the same power class as pre, or post crisis superman breh, stop it. They have been trying dumb his power level down to an acceptable level for a minute now because nobody liked that bullshyt, overpowered superman your going hard for.more bullshyt, wonder women is strong enough and fast enough to break rouge's arms off long before she was ever able to do much damage holding her.

Naw, new 52 Superman is OP, even stronger than post-crisis, the only clause is that he put limitations on himself.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Naw, new 52 Superman is OP, even stronger than post-crisis, the only clause is that he put limitations on himself.
Post crisis superman was throwing planets and shyt, new 52 superman put limits on himself in another attempt to dumb him down with a silly reason, that doesn't mean his limits are the same as post crisis

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Same people that said Kirby beats Majin buu? That vegeta vs. A sonic character would be a good fight?
Nah breh, death battle is irrelevant.

That's your opinion bruh, but Death Battle knows and has their shyt together more than almost everyone I've seen in this thread. if you aren't gonna look at the rationale to their case, that's on you.

Superman originally was a villian with close to no super powers, he originally couldn't even fly,

Anyone well versed with superman knows that his powers are due to a bunch of writers making shyt up as they went along, he's been strong enough to sneeze a galaxy away, yet couldn't beat Ali in a boxing match.

You can't bring up krillian hurting goku with a rock with a straight face without mentioning inconsistencies of the entire dc universe.

You bring up feats and what is and isn't canon in dbz while ignoring the fact that superman has been rewritten so much that people aren't even sure what is truly canon with him or not.

The new 52 superman is not even close to being in the same power class as pre, or post crisis superman breh, stop it. They have been trying dumb his power level down to an acceptable level for a minute now because nobody liked that bullshyt, overpowered superman your going hard for.

This right here let's me know you are completely unaware with what you are talking about with the character. You gotta do your homework first before you can make an educated comment on the topic. All your examples are PRE-CRISIS Superman, which I have already said made up powers and abilities as he wanted. He was wildly inconsistent yet had the power to change and alter his power levels and abilities at will. In the same comic he might not lift a car, and a few panels later he lifts planets. This inconsistency was one of the main reasons they rebooted the universe.

With DBZ we already know the Manga takes priority. The Anime has tons of filler in it, if something happened in the filler, its not relevant to the actual source material, especially if it contradicts. And yes, people who keep up with comics know the difference between what is canon and isn't in the comics. Once again, you sound like someone who is not up to date on the comics, its not even difficult to know when to separate the characters, DC comics made specific start and stop points for them all.

and Nu 52 Superman was where Death Battle got their feats from, he bench pressed the weight of the planet for days straight and wasn't fatigued, if anything he might be STRONGER than Post Crisis Superman. Superman is THAT ridiculous.

I'll put it like this breh, if Goku had won the damn battle, how many of you guys mad about these fictional characters would be laughing, cheering and trying to rub it in? You already know, all this entire thread is, is sour grapes.

more bullshyt, wonder women is strong enough and fast enough to break rouge's arms off long before she was ever able to do much damage holding her.

once again, WW's outfit makes her a prime target for Rogue's trump card. If it was a more covered character or WW (at the time WW walked around half naked) you'd have a case. IN that instance, its a hard point to argue brehbreh.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Superman does better.

Let's keep it real, one on one Goku can't even beat his own rogues. He never beat a single one of them in a straight 1v1

That's what I've been saying. Goku can't beat anyone without a Spirit Bomb (which is ki absorbed from outside sources) yet he can beat Superman 1 on 1? LOL!

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
That's what I've been saying. Goku can't beat anyone without a Spirit Bomb (which is ki absorbed from outside sources) yet he can beat Superman 1 on 1? LOL!

Thank you breh, I'm glad SOMEONE in this thread gets it.

Look, I actually like Goku better as a character, but Goku's actual record in DBZ is pretty shotty. He couldn't beat Raditz, he couldn't beat Cell, he couldn't beat Majin Buu without help and really he had the entire crew test Frieza out before he actual stepped in. What would Goku do to Darkseid or Atlas or even Brainiac?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Post crisis superman was throwing planets and shyt, new 52 superman put limits on himself in another attempt to dumb him down with a silly reason, that doesn't mean his limits are the same as post crisis

New 52 confirmed what we already knew. Superman is invincible, meaning he is as strong as he needs to be in any given situation. The self limitation is just the reasoning behind it. New 52 didn't make him "weaker", it just explains why Superman dumbs himself down, because he is afraid of his own strength. This was also confirmed in JL: Unlimited in his fight with Darkseid, who is one of the strongest villains in DC and can easily destroy and take over planets and galaxies. Superman gives him one real punch and he's flying across the city.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps

Look, I actually like Goku better as a character, but Goku's actual record in DBZ is pretty shotty. He couldn't beat Raditz, he couldn't beat Cell, he couldn't beat Majin Buu without help and really he had the entire crew test Frieza out before he actual stepped in. What would Goku do to Darkseid or Atlas or even Brainiac?

Preach. :wow: :lawd:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
New 52 confirmed what we already knew. Superman is invincible, meaning he is as strong as he needs to be in any given situation. The self limitation is just the reasoning behind it. New 52 didn't make him "weaker", it just explains why Superman dumbs himself down, because he is afraid of his own strength. This was also confirmed in JL: Unlimited in his fight with Darkseid, who is one of the strongest villains in DC and can easily destroy and take over planets and galaxies. Superman gives him one real punch and he's flying across the city.
Is that why amazo ran through him like wet tissue in the same cartoon?

Inconsistencies breh

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's your opinion bruh, but Death Battle knows and has their shyt together more than almost everyone I've seen in this thread. if you aren't gonna look at the rationale to their case, that's on you.

This right here let's me know you are completely unaware with what you are talking about with the character. You gotta do your homework first before you can make an educated comment on the topic. All your examples are PRE-CRISIS Superman, which I have already said made up powers and abilities as he wanted. He was wildly inconsistent yet had the power to change and alter his power levels and abilities at will. In the same comic he might not lift a car, and a few panels later he lifts planets. This inconsistency was one of the main reasons they rebooted the universe.

With DBZ we already know the Manga takes priority. The Anime has tons of filler in it, if something happened in the filler, its not relevant to the actual source material, especially if it contradicts. And yes, people who keep up with comics know the difference between what is canon and isn't in the comics. Once again, you sound like someone who is not up to date on the comics, its not even difficult to know when to separate the characters, DC comics made specific start and stop points for them all.

and Nu 52 Superman was where Death Battle got their feats from, he bench pressed the weight of the planet for days straight and wasn't fatigued, if anything he might be STRONGER than Post Crisis Superman. Superman is THAT ridiculous.

I'll put it like this breh, if Goku had won the damn battle, how many of you guys mad about these fictional characters would be laughing, cheering and trying to rub it in? You already know, all this entire thread is, is sour grapes.

once again, WW's outfit makes her a prime target for Rogue's trump card. If it was a more covered character or WW (at the time WW walked around half naked) you'd have a case. IN that instance, its a hard point to argue brehbreh.
I never claimed goku could see superman, no comic book character can see superman, that's what makes him one of the worst.

My argument is that you being hyper critical and one sided, goku needed help with radditz? :stopitslime:

Ya'll making your own arguments sound dumb by downplaying goku like that

You don't have to argue how weak goku is, saying he needs a spirit bomb to blow up a planet an shyt, to prove how retardedly over powered superman is.

You can't argue the inconsistencies in dbz while ignoring dc comics fukkery

And again, wonder women is literally strong enough to go through Rouge like Tanya from mkx

Last edited:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I never claimed goku could see superman, no comic book character can see superman, that's what makes him one of the worst.

My argument is that you being hyper critical and one sided, goku needed help with radditz? :stopitslime:

Ya'll making own arguments sound dumb by downplaying goku like that

You can't argue the inconsistencies in dbz while ignoring dc comics fukkery

Point 1. I AGREE. Superman is less of a character and more of an idea than anything. He is not a very deep character, it doesn't make him bad or of less quality, it just means he doesn't have as much layers as other characters.

Point 2. Look, this Goku/Superman shyt has BEEN played out for over a decade, we had these Death Battle dudes dedicate their entire show towards answering this question and the fact that so many people are so butt hurt over it because they didn't get their way is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in life. This entire thread is a troll and bait thread if you want to be real. If I'm being hyper critical, its because I don't know another way to get to the core of the argument to some of these heads, but I WILL own it and admit that this could be the case. And YES Goku needed help with Raditz, the first time they fought he got KO'ed and he DIED in the final battle, Raditz would have killed them both if Piccolo had not learned the Special Beam Cannon.

Point 3. Its not my intention to downplay Goku, but in a direct comparison to Superman, he just does not match up. Don't know how else to say it than this.

Point 4. DBZ inconsistencies were NOT made by Toriyama, the creator of the series, they are not applicable to the original manga which takes priority over everything. DC Comics inconsistencies were because of different writer's takes on the same character, who has been changed significantly on several different occasions. Its like comparing one model of a car that had several knock offs not made by the manufacturer vs. another car model that get's a change in design every few years by the actual manufacturer. Different cases. If you want to count each and every instance of filler on DBZ, we'd have to do the same for Superman and this fight ends when Goku is eradicated by a Superman sneeze...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

And a current strength goku would wipe everyone of those guys out,

Yamcha, the weakest dbz character is said to be as strong as freeza first form, whom was blowing up planets with no effort.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
the way I see it there is no law that says when telling a superman story he must be THIS strong. to me he is as strong as the story needs him to be.

there's no such thing that should be too heavy for him to lift. what makes superman great is that there ARE no limits to his powers.

same with goku. there ARE no limits to his powers. everytime he peaks he finds a way to peak higher. everytime a stronger enemy shows his face he finds a way to get stronger. and like superman, he will always find a way.