Daps
Reppin
CALI
I just think its a nobrainer because Goku never had to deal with anyone smart

:dahell:
So freeza wasn't smart?
he had whole galaxies in slaved.

Cell wasn't smart?
He found a way to get back to a time zone that allowed him to become complete when the androids from his time were killed and the ones from future trunks time line were to strong to absorb.

Dr. Gero wasn't smart?
he created androids stronger than a super saiyan before he knew a being could get that powerful, then created cell to absorb those androids to be even stronger than that

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So freeza wasn't smart?
he had whole galaxies in slaved.

Cell wasn't smart?
He found a way to get back to a time zone that allowed him to become complete when the androids from his time were killed and the ones from future trunks time line were to strong to absorb.

Dr. Gero wasn't smart?
he created androids stronger than a super saiyan before he knew a being could get that powerful

Freiza wasn't smart because he fukked around for fukking weeks on Namek until someone finally came to kick his ass. Then he pulled punches against a race known for getting stronger after every defeat. That "this isn't even my final form" crap shouldn't have even happened. He could've ended the fukking fight without ever calling the Ginyu Force. He's an idiot.

Cell wasn't smart - he spent too much time looking in the mirror feeling himself to get shyt done. But he did talk Goku into killing himself. :beli:. Goku gave this motherfukker a Senzu bean too. fukking idiot almost got his son killed.

Dr. Gero wasn't smart because he could've just used the damned androids instead of waiting around for REASONS UNKNOWN.

But this isn't a Goku problem, this is a DBZ problem. That entire universe is fukking stupid. Everyone is dumb. There isn't a single significant event in the entire series that these guys work out without powering up.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
But this isn't a Goku problem, this is a DBZ problem. That entire universe is fukking stupid. Everyone is dumb. There isn't a single significant event in the entire series that these guys work out without powering up.
not gonna reply to that other shyt you typed cause your completely wrong, but how are you gonna call the dbz universe stupid when superman and his plots and arc are completely DUMB and ILLOGICAL?
I mean, your telling me that after the many different writers, writing superman vastly different every time isn't stupid? how he uses self placed mental blocks to explain away all his inconsistencies, isn't stupid??

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
not gonna reply to that other shyt you typed cause your completely wrong, but how are you gonna call the dbz universe stupid when superman and his plots and arc are completely DUMB and ILLOGICAL?
I mean, your telling me that after the many different writers, writing superman vastly different every time isn't stupid? how he uses self placed mental blocks to explain away all his inconsistencies, isn't stupid??
you not gonna reply because i'm wrong?

if i'm wrong about everyone in dbz being an idiot (doesn't mean it isn't entertaining at all), then it should be easy to tell me how wrong i am instead of fronting like you're too good or too busy to explain it :ld:

what a weak deflection attempt :lupe: if you want to discuss it, feel free to explain how there's not more adversity in a fight with braniac than anything and everything Goku encountered short of the Buu Saga - and even that was small scale in comparison

i like both, but lets be reality

goku fought people that were just as dumb as him

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
the funny thing is that even though goku isnt weak to kryptonite, he is too naive to make taking on superman's villains easy work. i could imagine him losing the mental gymnastics to any of the super genius or trickster types. hopefully it's an all out war and not some kind of complicated story arc situation...

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the funny thing is that even though goku isnt weak to kryptonite, he is too naive to make taking on superman's villains easy work. i could imagine him losing the mental gymnastics to any of the super genius or trickster types. hopefully it's an all out war and not some kind of complicated story arc situation...
people talking about kryptonite being a quick answer to supes... like yeah, it is. its his one definite weakness (outside of lois and a bleeding heart sorta)

but goku just got shot with laser and dropped. it wasn't catered to him. it was goon #44 laser to the back. that's not impressive brehs :francis:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are acting as if none of these villians have super speed or can fight people with super speed, which is ridiculous because they all fight Superman a character with super speed even greater than Goku's. They are all fast enough to hit Goku, its a matter of if Goku is fast enough to NOT get hit or defeat them BEFORE he can get hit, which is a point you'd have to prove.

I said Goku AND Superman are capable of going much faster than the are often and normally depicted, however we don't always know how well that translates to combat speed. It is DEBATEABLE of if Superman's villians can hit an all out Goku, but I'd argue Doomsday, Mongul, Darkseid and Brainiac can and have because their minds and bodies all work faster than humans and mortals. If you believe Goku can defeat them without getting hit, you are going to need to prove that, I don't think he is capable of doing that specific task. I'm gonna give you props for being able to understand the difference tho, you are already ahead of a lot of the people in this thread as far as understanding fight dynamics lol.

The WW/Superman/Max Lord fight was a mind controlled, all out Superman, I agree it was not how he normally fights, but in the case of an all out Goku and an all out Superman, that is a very good depiction of how he would operate. He KOed WW with one punch in that fight, he probably could do the same with Goku honestly.

I can provide (and already have in the numerous Goku/Superman threads on this site if you need to find them) examples of Superman fighting at that speed, he is capable of it and has done it before. Given that I know the DBZ manga, its going to be very hard for you to prove Goku is faster. Do we need to take it to scans to prove each of our cases?
I'm not arguing that Goku is faster than Superman, I'm arguing that Superman doesn't use his speed when fighting the villains listed in the OP and the villains don't have their own superspeed feats.

For instance captain boomerang has managed to fight and hit the Flash over the years but no one would argue he has superspeed on par with the Flash because he has never shown that speed. The same logic would apply that much more to superman who is shown to fight not using his speed and who we know holds back.

As for how Goku could defeat these guys before they can beat him, the simple tactic of flying or teleporting into the air then using a max power kamehameha should work against most of them, even those with projectile attacks since he can teleport while charging the attack. Even if you don't believe he has planet busting power behind it he should have more than enough to kill these guys.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I'm not arguing that Goku is faster than Superman, I'm arguing that Superman doesn't use his speed when fighting the villains listed in the OP and the villains don't have their own superspeed feats.

For instance captain boomerang has managed to fight and hit the Flash over the years but no one would argue he has superspeed on par with the Flash because he has never shown that speed. The same logic would apply that much more to superman who is shown to fight not using his speed and who we know holds back.

As for how Goku could defeat these guys before they can beat him, the simple tactic of flying or teleporting into the air then using a max power kamehameha should work against most of them, even those with projectile attacks since he can teleport while charging the attack. Even if you don't believe he has planet busting power behind it he should have more than enough to kill these guys.

Bruh, I can tell that you have some knowledge on the topic, but the idea that Superman doesn't use his speed when fighting his villians is just untrue. I can provide countless examples that prove he does. Just off the top, in a 10 second search...

1. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54191/2712779-2374115_1630908_superman_phasing.png

2. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54191/2712780-2374123_doomsdayrex118xm.jpg

3. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54191/2712781-2374128_robotkz6.jpg

4. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54191/2712782-2374129_sm21013tk0.jpg

5. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54191/2712783-2374131_supermanv2172pg13.jpg

6. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...84-2374136_week01_2000_superman_v2_152_04.jpg

The KEY POINT about this is that Superman holds back and only really uses his speed when he needs to or when he is fighting an opponent that has superspeed as well. Against a fast fighter like Goku, he will take notice of his speed and adjust accordingly.

Regarding Goku's method of attack, personally I DO believe Goku has planet busting power, but he has never actually done that feat before. How he would actually bust a planet is up for debate but nobody in DBZ Pre-BotGs has ever busted a planet physically, thus I don't believe they are capable of it from any time pre Buu saga. And him teleporting and using a Kamehameha can work on some, but its not going to stop the upper tier villians Superman deals with and it'd take a very focused attack for him to do this without blowing up the planet and killing himself. He'd have to do what he did to Cell and land a direct attack and if he does that to Mongul, Doomsday, Brainiac, Atlas or the upper tier guys, they are all fast enough to react to him and possibly counter. Goku vs. the Upper tier of Superman's villians is a tough battle in any means.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
so if i can bench press 300lbs, that means my punches are 300lbs in force? :duck:
Ive seen my uncle completeky demolish a 200 lb heavy bag with one punch so much it hit the ceiling and crashed to the ground. Ive never seen a boxer do this. He benches like 600 these days tho. Anyone hit by that mans punch is flying like superman hit em. Bruce lee trained his forearms and wrists relentlessly.

If correctly trained yes a quick snap will cause massive damage but lifting weights does help. Ive seen the difference wit my own eyes.