How will Tariq Nasheed justify the eventual shift to the MAGA side?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Why do you all call anyone who doesn’t slavishly support the Democrats MAGA? A black man who thinks critically, judging the value of policy to black people as opposed to the party, is a Trump supporter?

:francis:

Because according to the example of Edward Bernays we aren't supposed to think critically. We are supposed to be propagated to and just fall in line like the good lil black Americans we are.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
For sure many are. And they also get that work. Is the 2022 democratic agenda against black interests?

Are black people tangibly benefiting from the Biden administrations policies? :jbhmm:

When you say many, what % of the Republican senators and house members do you think are against black interests? If you had to ballpark it.

Reflected

Daps
I'd like an answer to my question before I answer another question.

Let's see if you're being honest.
Yeah, so you likely already have your mind made up, "honest" to you would be fitting w/e metric you have concocted. Without variables/goalposts to hold you accountable, it is impossible to meet said metric. With that said, you can track the Biden's administrations press releases on this specific topic linking to bills that will have benefited black people. My personal opinion on the topic would say "no", the Biden admin is not capable of fulfilling any significant legislation for black people and has not done so since the beginning of the admin. This will be a lame duck presidency. If you go to house and look at proposed bills, you will see a number of bills related to black people specifically, none of them will pass the senate, and a pass at the house will be met with significant republican pushback, the republicans can take the house soon and you will never see anything like that being brought to the floor once they have Speaker of the House. I could easily get further into this topic but I often feel my words are wasted.

With that said, I have to ask again, what % of the Republican senate and house do you believe would vote towards black interests? And I'm just looking for your personal guesstimate.

edit: Also relevant links
FACT SHEET: The Biden-Harris Administration Advances Equity and Opportunity for Black People and Communities Across the Country | The White House

Bills and Resolutions -- GovTrack.us

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Are the Republicans gonna accept him talking about white supremacy?

Yes, they reminded Candace who her audience was when she hyped the superbowl halftime performance..cacs would absolutely love it if every Black person in media was parroting their insane views.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Yeah, so you likely already have your mind made up, "honest" to you would be fitting w/e metric you have concocted. Without variables/goalposts to hold you accountable, it is impossible to meet said metric. With that said, you can track the Biden's administrations press releases on this specific topic linking to bills that will have benefited black people. My personal opinion on the topic would say "no", the Biden admin is not capable of fulfilling any significant legislation for black people and has not done so since the beginning of the admin. This will be a lame duck presidency. If you go to house and look at proposed bills, you will see a number of bills related to black people specifically, none of them will pass the senate, and a pass at the house will be met with significant republican pushback, the republicans can take the house soon and you will never see anything like that being brought to the floor once they have Speaker of the House. I could easily get further into this topic but I often feel my words are wasted.

With that said, I have to ask again, what % of the Republican senate and house do you believe would vote towards black interests? And I'm just looking for your personal guesstimate.

edit: Also relevant links
FACT SHEET: The Biden-Harris Administration Advances Equity and Opportunity for Black People and Communities Across the Country | The White House

Bills and Resolutions -- GovTrack.us

What "metrics"? Why are you guessing my thoughts? I asked for your opinion on the matter.

If we're being honest it's probably near 99% the remainder are neutral. But here's the thing, we don't VOTE for republicans and they don't expect our vote. Nor do we fund their campaigns. So it makes total sense they are not for our interests. Not the case with Democrats.

Does that answer your question?

And btw the first link you provided talks alot about "minorities" and "people of color" and tries to cleverly sprinkle mentions of "black people" in between. But make no mistake, these programs were not meant specifically for black people.

Reflected

Daps
What "metrics"? Why are you guessing my thoughts? I asked for your opinion on the matter.

If we're being honest it's probably near 99% the remainder are neutral. But here's the thing, we don't VOTE for republicans and they don't expect our vote. Nor do we fund their campaigns. So it makes total sense they are not for our interests. Not the case with Democrats.

Does that answer your question?

And btw the first link you provided talks alot about "minorities" and "people of color" and tries to cleverly sprinkle mentions of "black people" in between. But make no mistake, these programs were not meant specifically for black people.

My original point regarding metrics was that without you providing a standard, there is no way I could provide evidence sufficient to meet it. For example, if I said, name one tangible thing Tariq has done for black people. You can cite the documentaries,funding, etc., but without me explicitly stating what my standard is, I could hold it to something you could never meet and then fault you for it once you answer. So what I would have been looking for in your previous question was variables or standards that must be met to be sufficient for your idea of assisting black people.

Look, I'm not even against the Democrats or anti-Democrat necessarily. But I do want to hold their feet to the fire. I think that's ultimately Tariq's goal. To put pressure on them
Yeah, so he is going about is the wrong way. The best way would be to increase voter engagement both local and federal, and simply work seat by seat replacing all of the established democrats, securing purple seats, and even going as far as pressuring Republicans in red territories . After doing so, with the expected voter engagement necessary to do so, we simply hold them accountable on a per term basis, those that fail to provide anything meaningful will simply be voted out of office. With the seats gain, we affect legislation that will remove money out of politics on a step by step basis and thus deter those looking to gain the seat for monetary reasons. It's how other developed countries function, in places where voter engagement is high. Americans just sit back, withholding their vote, not reading bills passed, not holding their incumbents responsible, and as a result let a bunch of crooks sit in office without having to do anything until the year their seat is up bidding. There are other reasons for why the average American doesn't care but one thing is simple, anyone suggesting anything near abstaining from voting, is out of their minds, especially if it's on the basis of throwing away an entire party, you know, the party that holds primaries that allow you to simply vote for the representation you want.

Edit:

If Tariq was simply targeting seats within the democratic party and suggesting better picks for each seat, promoting those we could hold accountable, he would have my backing 100% in the realm of politics. One thing is important statically speaking, America will remain a two party state for a very long time. The Republicans can not be worked with considering what is necessary to help black people. So we must focus on reforming the Democratic party and moving from there. The idea of a third party should not be the focus of any serious person considering the current gridlock with just two parties.

MisanXthropic

Banned
Daps
Why do you all call anyone who doesn’t slavishly support the Democrats MAGA? A black man who thinks critically, judging the value of policy to black people as opposed to the party, is a Trump supporter?

Frustrating isn't it? Most of the folk on this board have a servant like mentality when it comes to the democrats and refuse to think about things critically Tariq has said over and over again he will go with the candidate which gives the best policy for Black Americans.

Furthermore Tariq has said mentioned that while black people will certainly experience racism and discrimination with both the DEMS and Republicans (MAGA) Every other race/minority will more likely be targeted with the Republicans (especially Muslims and Immigrants). If people actually bothered to listen to Trumps campaign speeches instead of suckling Biden's old wrinkly dikk they'd see he was actually more racist in his speeches against Mexicans Muslims then Black people.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes, they reminded Candace who her audience was when she hyped the superbowl halftime performance..cacs would absolutely love it if every Black person in media was parroting their insane views.
Yeah, but Candace core beliefs teaches that racism doesn't exist today. For example, eliminate AA, which she believes are quotas. Calling George Floyd a thug.

Tariq is the opposite. Republicans believes that CRT, institutional racism is the devil. Everytime Ivr watched Tariq he's constantly talking about a system of white supremacy. When it police shootings, he calling the white cops race soldiers. Calling Candice a bedwench. I can't see Republicans supporting this rhetoric.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
If Tariq was simply targeting seats within the democratic party and suggesting better picks for each seat, promoting those we could hold accountable, he would have my backing 100% in the realm of politics.

As I just said thats essentially what he’s already doing. He’s been promoting this guy hard on his Twitter Feed and YouTube channel

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As I just said thats essentially what he’s already doing. He’s been promoting this guy hard on his Twitter Feed and YouTube channel

And he's Democratic. Well, hopefully yall can explain this because this really doesnt makes sense now if he's turning MAGA.

Last edited:
Daps
Frustrating isn't it? Most of the folk on this board have a servant like mentality when it comes to the democrats and refuse to think about things critically Tariq has said over and over again he will go with the candidate which gives the best policy for Black Americans.

Furthermore Tariq has said mentioned that while black people will certainly experience racism and discrimination with both the DEMS and Republicans (MAGA) Every other race/minority will more likely be targeted with the Republicans (especially Muslims and Immigrants). If people actually bothered to listen to Trumps campaign speeches instead of suckling Biden's old wrinkly dikk they'd see he was actually more racist in his speeches against Mexicans Muslims then Black people.
Let’s keep it a buck. A lot of black people, certainly most of those on here who lick the boots of Democrats and attack any one of us who doesn’t toe the line, are frightened of Republicans. It’s an embarrassing and cowardly display.

So many of us forget our history and the unmatched resilience we’ve displayed.