How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a fellow Warren-person, wasn't this the entire point of her campaign? Structural change? Reimagining the entire paradigm of our government and seeing how we can shift its foundations to become more responsive to the needs of the people? But we're immediately being told we can't even critically assess our elected leaders anymore? Critical political journalism is being derisively recast as just bullshyt from twitter/youtube/patreon. That's fukking dangerous.

This isn't about purity. Progressives lost the nomination, so Biden has the right to select whoever he wants. But we're part of the coalition, so we have a right to express our dissent or assent. If Biden and the centrist wing chooses to disregard us, then that's the world we will be living in, and the consequences will be felt. We're not asking for any of these choices to be arrested, we're just asking our fellow citizens to engage in factual analysis of their records and decide if these are the people we want in roles of consequence and power at the highest levels of our government.

Was that the entire point of her campaign? She always mentioned big structural change within the context of economics and corruption which I'm all for. Reforming the CIA and doing shyt like that? I didn't have a an inclining that she was anywhere near that direction on agencies like that. Regardless if I wanted the more pie in the sky rainbows and shyt progressive-sim I would of been posting snake emoji's, making up rape allegations, and shyt like that other group.

Personally I was team Warren because she spoke with a clarity and competency on race and economics while also seeming to provide a plausible path towards progress in this country.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
All this whining and crying over picks that anyone that has any knowledge of Biden wouldn't be surprised about. :mjlol:

Theyll do well, have a massive screwup or two but manage to leave things better than they found them.

Anyone hoping for widescale reformation of any institution in mission, scope, or ideology in the timeframe of one administration is delusional. :russ:
im :francis: at this point. Some nikkas wanna be mad more than others

he’s literally doing what they themselves said he was gonna do (be Obama 2.0) and they acting shocked clutching pearls and shyt :dead:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Yes. They most definitely left government in a better position to be successful than the Bush Administration. Whether or not that was good enough for you, I can't say.
So your outlook for the Biden administration is the same as it was for the administration that preceded Trump? And we're supposed to be...soothed by this?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Was that the entire point of her campaign? She always mentioned big structural change within the context of economics and corruption which I'm all for. Reforming the CIA and doing shyt like that? I didn't have a an inclining that she was anywhere near that direction on agencies like that. Regardless if I wanted the more pie in the sky rainbows and shyt progressive-sim I would of been posting snake emoji's, making up rape allegations, and shyt like that other group.

Personally I was team Warren because she spoke with a clarity and competency on race and economics while also seeming to provide a plausible path towards progress in this country.
Her pitch around big structural change wasn't limited to the arenas of economics and corruption, her plans touched every aspect of our society and government, including foreign policy. She wasn't out here specifically advocating all the examples I just provided about what a reformed CIA could look like, but her entire political project was to try and get us to re-imagine the ways in which our entire government and society was working, from roots to leaves.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

uh-oh-gif.gif

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Warren does the reading. No one is perfect, but god damn does she know what she's taking about.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Her pitch around big structural change wasn't limited to the arenas of economics and corruption, her plans touched every aspect of our society and government, including foreign policy. She wasn't out here specifically advocating all the examples I just provided about what a reformed CIA could look like, but her entire political project was to try and get us to re-imagine the ways in which our entire government and society was working, from roots to leaves.
Biden is out of central casting.

Warren is who people really wanted.

The cross tabs on her favor-ability were INSANE. Higher than Bernies :sas2:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

As expected of them all. The real fights are down the road, but not here. People are voicing their opinions but no one realistically expects otherwise. So all of this going on in here is people literally mad that people are voicing their displeasure while going along with it. shyt is comical.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
As expected of them all. The real fights are down the road, but not here. People are voicing their opinions but no one realistically expects otherwise. So all of this going on in here is people literally mad that people are voicing their displeasure while going along with it. shyt is comical.

When I have a nightmare and suddenly awaken or when I wake up in the morning I'll know that Neera Tanden has my back and is fighting for me.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Are we still living in a fantasy where everyone is confirmable? Why is this skipped over when debating these picks?

Well, Tanden herself may not be confirmed given that she's a clear partisan who worked for a liberal think tank.
While it's obviously speculation, she's the only nominee I think would have to be confirmed on party lines. So if she doesn't pass, I'd expect her to be replaced with someone to her right.

So hopefully she gets confirmed, I'd rather the OMB not be filtered through the eyes of a deficit hawk.