How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
When the center-flank of damn near all white people in the party complain about anything it's :damn: you heard them. When anyone to the left of them voices any concerns it's "complaining." That says a lot. I haven't even fully vetted any of these people yet but damn this shyt is wild to see.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I have said too, maybe not on here, but the idea that people whom have very little idea about the machinations of government, are qualified to speak so certainly about complex, myriad issues like CIA and Department of Treasury, or Bureau of Land Management or whatever. I know some, but not enough that I can blindly make statements on things I know near nothing of. And, the idea that people who have served in government or decades are the establishment, I mean, who else do you appoint, to head the State Department? or the Justice Department? We want competence.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Anyone hoping for widescale reformation of any institution in mission, scope, or ideology in the timeframe of one administration is delusional. :russ:

I mean.. I look at it like this. One, you're right especially if there is a GOP led Senate there are going to be severe limitations. That's why I'm so dumbfounded on these people who think everyone is confirmable. This isn't going to be easy to get anyone through never mind the dream picks of the progressive wing.

But I am also going to certainly expect from Biden that whatever can be done through E.O. IS DONE... He has no choice. If he doesn't he will lose a lot of the support he built up.

But to freak out now about some of these picks where most of them make perfect sense... nah, I'm not doing that for four years. Y'all can have that.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What's your assessment of how the Obama Administration did?

Would you describe it as "did well, had a massive screwup or two but managed to leave things better than they found them."?
Yes. They most definitely left government in a better position to be successful than the Bush Administration. Whether or not that was good enough for you, I can't say.

Daps
Her open hostility to progressive programs, policies, and candidates is a bright red flag.
Biden picking her itself is a bit of a red-flag - not just because he's Joe Biden - but because there is a clear focus on "returning things to normal" as opposed to drastically improving them.

I’m a Warren G, but I’ve supported Biden all the way through and will continue to, but let’s not act like we haven’t realized what this is. Let’s not pretend Republicans didn’t know what they were talking about when they were talking about Kamala. The real change comes after we drag people back toward center and then use Biden as a step-ladder for Kamala. And while not full-blooded progressive, she will be able to live and die with more progressive policies more so than Joe can.

Joe Biden is only going to rock the boat back to the previous status quo and implement some incremental changes. This is the last stand for the dinosaurs of the party and their antiquated thoughts and processes. If you want progressive policies and real structural change, 2022 is the year people have to show up like they did this year but also vote in primaries and general elections for those candidates.

To get the money out of politics, you gotta put money behind the progressive candidates. To get election reform, you gotta stop looking at safe seats and unlikely seats and compete every election. So that Kamala (or whomever) can have the mandate to begin the big changes.

People aren’t pragmatic enough to realize that the main goals were
1) GET THE WHITE HOUSE BACK

That’s it. Yes, hopefully picking up some seats in the Senate from traditionally red states or possibly expand the house, but ending the Trump Traveling Circus was the important thing. And if you didn’t think Neo-Liberals, Careers, Republicans, and staunch moderates weren’t going to be the force that could drag America to slightly left (and I mean ever so slightly left) of the end of the Obama Administration.

America hates radical change. HATES. And when I say America, I mean white people over 55. After decades of not much change because of increasing life expectancy, it’s finally taking a downtrend while their birth rates are down. But if there is anything you can take from this election, they were just as motivated to vote as we were. You have to let them die off, take the fight out of them, and bury them at the voting booth. And you do that with slow bleeds like ACA or the Paris Climate Accords.

All in all, it’s time to stop arguing unless it’s primary season. Everyone isn’t going to get what they want, especially progressives, but that also includes moderates and neo-liberals. The tide is turning, it’s just gonna take some time and you gotta get the old heads out and put the new school in. And that takes time.

You can complain about AOC, but she’s holding more people accountable and working with different people of different viewpoints than Steny Hoyer ever has. Katie Porter is America’s sweetheart because she takes it to the big man. Cory Booker, no matter how beholden he is to Big Pharma, and Tammy Duckworth are gonna be around for a while challenging the status quo. Doug Jones will be back. Warren and Bernie were never going to be the ones to flip the tables. They were the ones to bring the big ideas to the table. Pelosi and Schumer were never going to push harder than they had to. 2022 is the time to start letting Scranton Joe start pulling all the punches and set the table for the future. And it’s our job to get the people in the position to force it because the DNC actually caused all this.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I mean.. I look at it like this. One, you're right especially if there is a GOP led Senate there are going to be severe limitations. That's why I'm so dumbfounded on these people who think everyone is confirmable. This isn't going to be easy to get anyone through never mind the dream picks of the progressive wing.

But I am also going to certainly expect from Biden that whatever can be done through E.O. IS DONE... He has no choice. If he doesn't he will lose a lot of the support he built up.

But to freak out now about some of these picks where most of them make perfect sense... nah, I'm not doing that for four years. Y'all can have that.
There are plenty of considerations being made that people here are not giving credence to or just find unnecessary. They're wrong but its whatever. :yeshrug:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Running a campaign built on nothing but "hey obstruction" isn't going to be enough. If that's the case and they want to play that game then they will get slaughtered in 2022 and might lose the presidency in 2024.

Solving the pandemic isn't enough either. He needs to come out the gate fast. But we aren't even in January yet so I'm holding back until then.

It's not that they "want to play that game", they simply don't have the votes to get anything thru the Senate.

The Senate is going to block anything significant regardless of what Biden or other Dems want, so they should at least be called out on it. :manny:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I have said too, maybe not on here, but the idea that people whom have very little idea about the machinations of government, are qualified to speak so certainly about complex, myriad issues like CIA and Department of Treasury, or Bureau of Land Management or whatever. I know some, but not enough that I can blindly make statements on things I know near nothing of. And, the idea that people who have served in government or decades are the establishment, I mean, who else do you appoint, to head the State Department? or the Justice Department? We want competence.
bernie sanders :troll:

to everything :troll:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's not that they "want to play that game", they simply don't have the votes to get anything thru the Senate.

The Senate is going to block anything significant regardless of what Biden or other Dems want, so they should at least be called out on it. :manny:

They should be called out on it but what I'm saying is there are things that Biden can accomplish through E.O. like $15/student loan forgiveness/etc. so he needs to at least get that shyt done to show he's serious about implementing change

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nikka you have a rep of negative 3000 or so, clearly way more people hate you than care to hear what you have to say.

Imagine quoting someone with negative 3000 rep and telling them you don't care about what they have to say. Yikes