How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So your outlook for the Biden administration is the same as it was for the administration that preceded Trump? And we're supposed to be...soothed by this?
My outlook is to hope that they are going to be good stewards of governance and can hopefully rebuild things with an eye towards learning greatly from the mistakes made in the last Democratic admin. You aren't going to be soothed by any less than full scale reformation of every American institution. Somebody has to, but that person isn't me. I don't find it even 5% realistic.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Bro like this is kind of frustrating. I'm a Warren person and I like to think of myself as a progressive but this rose colored purity stuff for every thing is getting absurd. We're talking about the CIA. It's going to be dirty and fuccked up. There are going to be secrets that need to be kept and information that needs to be withheld. Yall treating this like it's as simple as reforming police(which isn't actually simple). This is an entirely different beast.
I think that's the problem. Most of the people you are arguing against don't believe the CIA should exist, therefore everyone who's worked there is likely not qualified. :mjgrin:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I think that's the problem. Most of the people you are arguing against don't believe the CIA should exist, therefore everyone who's worked there is likely not qualified. :mjgrin:
What is your stance on the CIA?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What is your stance on the CIA?
I think it's necessary. Doing away with it would ultimately undermine the safety of US citizens.

Clandestine work, by design, aims to operate on the fringes of our completely outside of ethical norms. Work is transactional, requires deceit, and places the good of one's own country ahead of others.

For that reason, anyone who has been successful will always find themselves being scrutinized, particularly by those who don't value the mission of the agency.

It is what is though.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I think it's necessary. Doing away with it would ultimately undermine the safety of US citizens.

Clandestine work, by design, aims to operate on the fringes of our completely outside of ethical norms. Work is transactional, requires deceit, and places the good of one's own country ahead of others.

For that reason, anyone who has been successful will always find themselves being scrutinized, particularly by those who don't value the mission of the agency.

It is what is though.
What's your favorite CIA operation and how would you rate the totality of the agency's activities since the end of WW2?