How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
To just answer the thread title alone: I have no clue as to how Biden will govern.

I do see the Biden/Harris Administration making an actual effort to getting COVID under control. The thing that worries me going forward is HOW MUCH will Biden be allowed to govern with bytch McConnell as the Republican majority leader? If them GA Senate races end up in split wins then it's is no good for Democrats or the country moving forward.

When I think about Biden run Administration, Joe is going to have to probably bypass the Republican Senate through executive orders if a situation calls for it.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I think it's necessary. Doing away with it would ultimately undermine the safety of US citizens.

Clandestine work, by design, aims to operate on the fringes of our completely outside of ethical norms. Work is transactional, requires deceit, and places the good of one's own country ahead of others.

For that reason, anyone who has been successful will always find themselves being scrutinized, particularly by those who don't value the mission of the agency.

It is what is though.
Which is a fair stance. The issue I have is the ridiculing of people who do not value its mission because of the clear harm it has done all across the world - especially to places where many people’s families have immigrated from as a result. Moreover, the movement for putting in former public defenders or plaintiff’s lawyers all across the country is based on the idea of the best person to run an institution is often someone who is skeptical of the institution itself. It is not unreasonable for someone with that belief to prefer someone to head the CIA that has not spent 30 years living the dogma (again, I don’t know shyt about this man). This sort of toxic atmosphere where we all just laugh off everyone with a different perspective as a stan or insane is something they we used to only do to the right wing crazies on here. At the end of the day, there is merit to debate and discussion and I learned a lot as a teenager watching people debate those very issues on message boards. But also it pushes us to get outside our comfort zones and realize solutions or angles different than what we may have imagined or to just flat out get information. I don’t necessarily agree with all your politics but what you said about native Americans in North Carolina was illuminating to me. We need to stop rewarding and responding to not having anything to say except to complain about what someone else has to say. It’s been 4 years - at what point does that shyt get old?

God Almighty

Your Lord
Daps
It's better than this fantasy world you live in where you have no laws and everyone just loves each other and things work out. :mjlol:
:what:i'm not an anarchist or a libertarian

:what:and laws aren't the same thing as the fukking cia

i think your post was in................................ Bad Faith.:banderas:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Onetime senior Obama administration official Brian Deese will serve as the director of the National Economic Council in President-elect Joe Biden's administration, Politico reported.

Deese, who previously served as deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), will be formally named to the team later in the week, according to the news outlet. Other appointees to the president-elect’s economic team are likely to be announced first, including onetime Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen as Treasury secretary and Adewale Adeyemo as deputy Treasury secretary.

Biden on Monday also announced Neera Tanden, head of the liberal think tank Center for American Progress, as OMB director and Princeton’s Cecilia Rouse as head of the Council of Economic Advisers.

"[Deese] has just proven himself to be an effective champion for transitioning the economy to be a cleaner economy,” former White House chief of staff and Center for American Progress founder John Podesta told Politico. “There is no question in my mind that he will campaign aggressively on behalf of the environment.”

Deese was part of the Obama administration’s team working on both environmental issues and the bailout of the auto industry. He currently works as an executive at investment firm BlackRock, with a focus on investments in sustainability. However, this work has also led to concerns among some progressive watchdog groups about potential conflicts of interest if he serves in a financial role in the administration.
“We are concerned, as our name suggests, with revolving door hires,” Jeff Hauser, founder of the Revolving Door Project, told Politico. “And Brian Deese’s [relationship] to BlackRock makes it less likely that the federal government will rein in BlackRock as it should be.”

The Hill has reached out to the Biden team for comment.