How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But we're part of the coalition, so we have a right to express our dissent or assent. If Biden and the centrist wing chooses to disregard us, then that's the world we will be living in, and the consequences will be felt. We're not asking for any of these choices to be arrested, we're just asking our fellow citizens to engage in factual analysis of their records and decide if these are the people we want in roles of consequence and power at the highest levels of our government.

So the master plan is to teach "centrists" a lesson by not participating and allowing the GOP to further drive the country into the ground? Is that the plan.. what exactly is the plan? I'm left of Biden, I'm left of Obama and likely the entire administration.. but I've yet to see how progressives are going to fix the messaging problem.

The policies are popular yet the progressive wing continues to lose on messaging. What is the plan?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It means that they can bring different perspectives into the room. I rather that to a homogenous Cabinet and Administration.
It absolutely does not mean that. The idea that your identity inherently changes your perspective on issues in any meaningful way has become a kind of "liberal" fallacy.
A grouping of "POC" Harvard and Yale-educated bureaucrats who share the same class background, attended the same day schools, had the same internships and jobs, and have the same ideology and social groups as their white counterparts are going to reproduce exactly the same policies.

This something you see in the career sphere and the academic sphere - sure the Black and Latinx coworkers can code-switch and feign some kind of disdain for their white male counterparts' "privileges" - but they don't differ in ideology.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Meaning no disrespect, but what kind of reform can be expected at the CIA?

Seriously?
This is a really good question, and a much more productive response than the usual "How dare you even bring up this candidate's history!" shyt we've been seeing.

I mentioned this in one of my posts above, but there is a lot of political realignment happening across the globe around a right-wing neo-fascist agenda. The CIA has the capabilities to provide training, funds and resources to groups working to undermine those political movements, just as the CIA did for groups trying to undermine the left-wing political movements of the Cold War period. Same goes for the neo-imperalist corporate actors gutting the prosperity and self-governance capabilities of countries in Africa and Latin America, the former of which is of particular interest to Biden's reported top choice. Biden has claimed environmentalism is of the highest concern for his administration, well the CIA could play a central role in combatting the international bad-actors when it comes to climate change, working hand in hand with the State Department and Climate Czar Kerry to pursue Biden's new climate agenda.

Basically, we need to rethink our perspective, reassess our agenda, and reimagine what successful American foreign policy looks like. But that can't even begin to happen if we can't hold our nominees to critical judgment.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Younger demographics stayed home. I wonder who that could be but go ahead and play stupid :mjlol:

And @EndDomination it's not lunacy. What is lunacy is to sit home and allow Trump to take office when we were all saying how much of a disaster it would be before it happened.

Not participating? Okay, then don't bytch. People who don't participate give up their voice.
I read the article, it says "the voters who stayed home were likely to be non-white and Hispanic voters.
Drilling down a little further, black voters made up 11 percent of voters who cast a ballot and 19 percent who didn’t. This disparity really hurt Clinton because black voters (by 82 percentage points) and Hispanic voters (by 40 percentage points) overwhelmingly favored her, while white voters went for Trump by a 16-point margin in the SurveyMonkey poll.

You didn't understand what you read, and it was done through survey monkey. This isn't evidence, and I think you know that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
dont want to make this too negative, let me say that yellen is solid
I agree with this. Its solid at best, but she is the only one who is decent.

The issue progressives have is Biden limited himself to Obama/Clinton people. He didn't think outside of the box to find solutions to the problem this nation has. Its weird because Biden doesn't really come from the Obama/Clinton world. He had a chance to go different--within his pocket--and didn't.

King Kreole

Daps
So the master plan is to teach "centrists" a lesson by not participating and allowing the GOP to further drive the country into the ground? Is that the plan.. what exactly is the plan? I'm left of Biden, I'm left of Obama and likely the entire administration.. but I've yet to see how progressives are going to fix the messaging problem.

The policies are popular yet the progressive wing continues to lose on messaging. What is the plan?
...no? The master plan is to enact progressive aims. I hope progressives will be allowed to participate in the coalition we just help get elected. Ironically, it's y'all who are telling progressives to stop participating by saying it's bad form or whatever to scrutinize our political leadership. Turning a blind eye to the corporatocracy because Biden is sitting in the big seat now is the opposite of good civic engagement. We should constantly be holding our government accountable.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Nationwide, more than 1 in 10 people who voted for the Vermont senator in the 2016 primary against Hillary Clinton ended up supporting Trump in the general election, totaling more than 1.5 million votes, according to an analysis of exit polls by Tufts University political science professor Brian Schaffner, using data from the 50,000-person Cooperative Congressional Election Study.

Then there's the questions about who really are some of the 2016 Bernie supporters... were they really interested in his politics or were they just voting for "outsiders" ?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

The issue progressives have is Biden limited himself to Obama/Clinton people. He didn't think outside of the box to find solutions to the problem this nation has. Its weird because Biden doesn't really come from the Obama/Clinton world. He had a chance to go different--within his pocket--and didn't.
biden is actually better than those people on foreign policy but i guess he is so old he just said fukk it and let them hire themselves

i can only hope that biden's decent foreign policy instincts will set the standard for that CIA breh he chose, but again, i wonder how an older man in his condition can really control "the deep state".

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Younger demographics stayed home. I wonder who that could be but go ahead and play stupid :mjlol:

And @EndDomination it's not lunacy. What is lunacy is to sit home and allow Trump to take office when we were all saying how much of a disaster it would be before it happened.

Not participating? Okay, then don't bytch. People who don't participate give up their voice.
It is not in dispute that the Democratic Party failed to properly campaign in every key state, failed to properly back popular "progressive" candidates and policies, ran the notoriously unpopular Hillary Clinton for President, and has allowed mass-voter disenfranchisement to happen for the last few decades.

I'm certainly unhappy that some people didn't vote - but I take much more aim at the people that "literally" voted Trump into office, as well as those that voted for Gary Johnson.:yeshrug:

I'll target them before I complain about people who don't vote.

King Kreole

Daps

Rouse is solid too. All said, his economic team isn't all that bad. I have some hope here. I've also seen some positive things about Jake Sullivan.

But you're absolutely right, the issue is that he has artificially constrained the realm of what's possible by refusing to venture outside of Obama/Clinton-world, and it sucks ass. There are no new faces or voices here. We just have to hope that some of the old dogs have learned new tricks.