How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Biden expanding the Supreme Court!!!!

Bold and good move.

Politics has become more about stacking the deck rather than serving the constituency. Republicans routinely focus on stacking the deck to benefit themselves while using their constituency as a convenient by-product to justify their actions.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its still crazy to see dudes bytching about manchin :laff:

you need to look at his seat as a republican's, that he shouldnt even be in. manchin shouldnt even exist :yeshrug: win 2 more senate seats and make his ass irrelevant

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

you need to look at his seat as a republican's, that he shouldnt even be in. manchin shouldnt even exist :yeshrug: win 2 more senate seats and make his ass irrelevant

Problem is it's too late, by 2022 the Republicans will have gerrymandered everything to their advantage.

After 2022 the GOP will hold the House for at least a decade, and they already have an inherent Senate advantage due to rural areas.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No it's not. Manchin's seat being 'a Republican's' is not an excuse. :camby:

Pretty much He's in his 70s and not up for reelection until 2024 so he may not even run, and once he retires that seat is gone regardless of what he does.

The idea that he's doing it to keep his seat just doesn't stand up to reason.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No it's not. Manchin's seat being 'a Republican's' is not an excuse. :camby:
This guy is consistently winning elections. We have to stop with the bad faith discussions surrounding Manchin as if his constituents are unhappy with him.

As it stands he hasn't officially killed any bill and just watered them down. I suspect this will continue to happen.

He's not the swing vote on the filibuster nor was he the swing vote on 15/hr he's just the one talking about it.

He sucks, but this outrage feels manufactured :manny:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
No he doesn't. He holds a seat that if he didn't hold a republican would. Manchin is a better option than an actual republican because he will vote with democrats some of the time.

What he doesn't need to be is the deciding vote for everything in the senate which he effectively is right now. Kamala Harris' vote is a non-factor because before it gets that far it has to go through him.

Manchin has to play things the way he does because if he doesn't he'll be voted out.
He is on borrowed time, might as well go down getting dems the majority in the long and get kickbacks for playing your role. West VA is not doing shyt, we need to get as many new senate seats added as possible.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Problem is it's too late, by 2022 the Republicans will have gerrymandered everything to their advantage.

After 2022 the GOP will hold the House for at least a decade, and they already have an inherent Senate advantage due to rural areas.
i dont believe this :yeshrug:

the senate part is true, but dems had 59 seats in 09 :why: thats not THAT long ago

Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeah, we are talking WV here...Manchin is as good as you are going to get from that state

if anything, Dems should be upset that Susan Collins still has that seat. how do you have voters splitting that ticket in that state when Susan Collins voted in lock-step with the majority of Trump’s agenda? she should’ve been defeated, and then Dems wouldn’t need to worry about a Manchin

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, we are talking WV here...Manchin is as good as you are going to get from that state

if anything, Dems should be upset that Susan Collins still has that seat. how do you have voters splitting that ticket in that state when Susan Collins voted in lock-step with the majority of Trump’s agenda? she should’ve been defeated, and then Dems wouldn’t need to worry about a Manchin
yeah, collins and thillis hurt. those were beatable

i think the dems take WI easily, and OH is tough but winnable. but theyre gonna lose NH

overall i thought i heard 22 was favorable. manchins reign of terror might come to an end

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This guy is consistently winning elections. We have to stop with the bad faith discussions surrounding Manchin as if his constituents are unhappy with him.

As it stands he hasn't officially killed any bill and just watered them down. I suspect this will continue to happen.

He's not the swing vote on the filibuster nor was he the swing vote on 15/hr he's just the one talking about it.

He sucks, but this outrage feels manufactured :manny:

Who's doing that except maybe Rose Twitter? I'm not on that "pRiMaRy mAnChIn wIt A pRuGrEsSiV" shyt, and I don't think most people are. All most people are saying is he's threatening to block legislation that is not only popular with both Republicans and Democrats, but popular with his own constituents too. His own constituents wrote a letter to him saying they wanted a $15 minimum wage. His own Republican governor supported a big stimulus bill. I'm not denying that he's in a deep red state and has to tow the line on certain issues, but there's no need for that in these cases.

What's really a bad faith discussion is the narrative that he's some "Aw, shucks!" good ol boy from West Virginia who just has no choice but to ratfukk the Dems because he needs to keep his seat. No. That is a demonstrable lie. He's not against a $15 minimum wage because, aw, shucks, he just doesn't think small ol rural West Virginia needs it like big city California or New York. He's against it because his family owns businesses that don't pay $15 an hour, and they don't want to pay $15 an hour. That's it.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Who's doing that except maybe Rose Twitter? I'm not on that "pRiMaRy mAnChIn wIt A pRuGrEsSiV" shyt, and I don't think most people are. All most people are saying is he's threatening to block legislation that is not only popular with both Republicans and Democrats, but popular with his own constituents too. His own constituents wrote a letter to him saying they wanted a $15 minimum wage. His own Republican governor supported a big stimulus bill. I'm not denying that he's in a deep red state and has to tow the line on certain issues, but there's no need for that in these cases.

What's really a bad faith discussion is the narrative that he's some "Aw, shucks!" good ol boy from West Virginia who just has no choice but to ratfukk the Dems because he needs to keep his seat. No. That is a demonstrable lie. He's not against a $15 minimum wage because, aw, shucks, he just doesn't think small ol rural West Virginia needs it like big city California or New York. He's against it because his family owns businesses that don't pay $15 an hour, and they don't want to pay $15 an hour. That's it.
Has Joe Manchin’s positions significantly shifted from when he was elected to now?

I haven't seen it. So I don't understand why people are acting surprised that he's standing on his principles whether you agree with them or not.

:manny: