How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has Joe Manchin’s positions significantly shifted from when he was elected to now?

I haven't seen it. So I don't understand why people are acting surprised that he's standing on his principles whether you agree with them or not.

:manny:

I'd consider "blocking a federal minimum wage increase because it hurts my own business interests" the exact opposite of "principle," but do you, breh. :hubie:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'd consider "blocking a federal minimum wage increase because it hurts my own business interests" the exact opposite of "principle," but do you, breh. :hubie:
He didn't block it. The parliamentarian blocked it. Do you not remember the whole, they should fire the parliamentarian campaign.

I believe only 38 dems voted for attempting to introduce it aglny way. Might be less. :comeon:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't block it. The parliamentarian blocked it. Do you not remember the whole, they should fire the parliamentarian campaign.

I believe only 38 dems voted for attempting to introduce it aglny way. Might be less. :comeon:

You are correct. They did not have the votes. 'Block' was the wrong word.

But the the point still stands that he's only against the $15 minimum wage because of his own family's business interest, and more than likely his donors too. That's not principle. That's corruption.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Has Joe Manchin’s positions significantly shifted from when he was elected to now?

I haven't seen it. So I don't understand why people are acting surprised that he's standing on his principles whether you agree with them or not.

:manny:
Manchin wanted a $4 trillion infrastructure bill (almost double what Biden is proposing) but now doesn't want to pass it without Republicans (who want a $600 billion bill) because they stormed the capitol.

In 2011 Manchin voted for a talking filibuster, right now he doesn't want to budge at all. "I will not vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster".

Manchin argued for 28% corporate tax when Obama was in charge but now it's too much (can't find an article for this but I remember seeing it somewhere).

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Manchin wanted a $4 trillion infrastructure bill (almost double what Biden is proposing) but now doesn't want to pass it without Republicans (who want a $600 billion bill) because they stormed the capitol.

In 2011 Manchin voted for a talking filibuster, right now he doesn't want to budge at all. "I will not vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster".

Manchin argued for 28% corporate tax when Obama was in charge but now it's too much (can't find an article for this but I remember seeing it somewhere).

His picture is in the dictionary next to contrarian.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

He's been on this Bipartisanship over everything since he's been in office. Both WV senators rank high in bipartisanship scores.

Clearly WV voters value you that over any single initiative.

Capito, Manchin rank among most bipartisan senators - WV MetroNews

He was just elected in 2020, his positions on Bipartisanship have not changed significantly since his election.

He's on record saying he wants to limit progressive overreach:

For Manchin, a Divided Senate Is a ‘Golden Opportunity’ for Action

As far as your misrepresented cherry pick from his op-ed, he's right in many ways.

"I simply do not believe budget reconciliation should replace regular order in the Senate. How is that good for the future of this nation? Senate Democrats must avoid the temptation to abandon our Republican colleagues on important national issues," Manchin wrote.

"Republicans, however, have a responsibility to stop saying no, and participate in finding real compromise with Democrats."

Regarding January 6, he's right non-functioning government and legislators leaning in on tribalism is only going to lead to more fukkery.
"You can't have this many people split to where they want to go to war with each other," he told CNN, as he calls for Democrats and Republicans to work together on top legislative priorities

Now he has to convince his friends to come to the table with serious talks or he will ultimately become more of the problem with non functioning government.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Not worried about Manchin on this. This is largely performative. He wants a massive infrastructure bill, and says it should include tax cuts. That alone ensures 0 republican votes, whether the bill is 4T (as he floated) or 1T. Hell you could offer a 600B bill with minor tax increases and republicans would reject it.

Let it play out. He'll get his way in some areas but end of the day...this bill is going to flood his state with a proportionate amount of fed money and contracts for all his rich buddies. He's not going to let this die to appease republicans.

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
This article discusses some of the compromises the Biden admin is mulling to satisfy Manchin and gain Republican support.

Eyh_YJ3WEAg4Sub