How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all, we need to stop with this BS that Dems 'need' Manchin because a Republican would be in that seat. There is nothing in either the US Constitution, or the DNC platform, that says they need a 'Democrat' senator from West Virginia who will continuously ratfukk the party and be drunk with his own power.

Second of all, his own constituents want things like a $15 minimum wage, and certainly a big infrastructure bill. And I sincerely doubt they GAF about a filibuster to get them.

He's not playing things that way to keep his seat. He's doing it because he's corrupt and he already said the quiet part out loud: "The Republicans are my friends. The Democrats are my colleagues."
Yup I was about to say this . He is being a real piece of disingenuous shyt . The GOP are the ones who refused to be bipartisan before they lost power and now they are saying the only way to be bipartisan is give us a bill we like 100% . He wasn’t acting like this when the GOP was in power anf the dems let him get cover for his GOP supporting votes BUT now he blatantly spitting in their faces . He is refusing to use his friendship with the GOP to help his caucus instead he only helping them

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Outside of repealing ACA bill they support everything and don't get in front of the camera telling everyone what they will and won't vote.
Trump won West Virginia by 39 points. It has a democrat as a senator. He does what he has to do. I’d rather he hold that seat than a republican. Maybe your argument is that a republican should hold it? How does that help?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Trump won West Virginia by 39 points. It has a democrat as a senator. He does what he has to do. I’d rather he hold that seat than a republican. Maybe your argument is that a republican should hold it? How does that help?
The things he is voting against are popular in West Virginia. He is doing it because HE PERSONALLY BENEFITS. Not for political reasons.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
First of all, we need to stop with this BS that Dems 'need' Manchin because a Republican would be in that seat. There is nothing in either the US Constitution, or the DNC platform, that says they need a 'Democrat' senator from West Virginia who will continuously ratfukk the party and be drunk with his own power.

Second of all, his own constituents want things like a $15 minimum wage, and certainly a big infrastructure bill. And I sincerely doubt they GAF about a filibuster to get them.

He's not playing things that way to keep his seat. He's doing it because he's corrupt and he already said the quiet part out loud: "The Republicans are my friends. The Democrats are my colleagues."
If a republican held that seat right now Mitch is the majority leader. It doesn’t really matter what you’re saying if they’re gonna lose that seat to a republican anyway I’d rather he have it. I’d rather have an enemy that sides with me 30-40% of the time than an enemy that sides against me 100% of the time.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The things he is voting against are popular in West Virginia. He is doing it because HE PERSONALLY BENEFITS. Not for political reasons.
I don’t really care that he’s a piece of shyt. If he loses that seat in a state that voted for Trump by almost 40 points what’s the most likely scenario to fill that seat?

A person who will be of a different party and have a worse voting record than him.

The bottom line is the alternative to him filling that seat is going to be worse than him. The problem isn’t him in that seat it’s him being the vote that determines what gets done.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don’t really care that he’s a piece of shyt. If he loses that seat in a state that voted for Trump by almost 40 points what’s the most likely scenario to fill that seat?

A person who will be of a different party and have a worse voting record than him.

The bottom line is the alternative to him filling that seat is going to be worse than him. The problem isn’t him in that seat it’s him being the vote that determines what gets done.
I will say it again, THESE ARE POPULAR IN WEST VIRGINIA. HE IS VOTING FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL INTERESTS!

I can raise the font size if it's not clearer.

And lastly, his positions doesn't help him or the Democratic party.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If a republican held that seat right now Mitch is the majority leader. It doesn’t really matter what you’re saying if they’re gonna lose that seat to a republican anyway I’d rather he have it. I’d rather have an enemy that sides with me 30-40% of the time than an enemy that sides against me 100% of the time.

Mitch will be the majority leader in 2022 if Dems keep letting Manchin ratfukk them and cause them to lose seats because he keeps blocking legislation. :why:

But it's cool because he 'did what he had to' to keep his seat that's not up for reelection until 2024, when he'll be 78. :mjlol:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

How Biden stimulus bill will target homelessness
Biden wants to get 130,000 people off the street in the next 12 to 18 months
Housing and Urban Development Secretary Marcia L. Fudge speaks during a press briefing at the White House, Thursday, March 18, 2021, in Washington. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
By
Tracy Jan
April 8, 2021 at 7:52 p.m. UTC

Housing Secretary Marcia L. Fudge on Thursday unveiled nearly $5 billion in new grants to states and local governments across the country for rental assistance, the development of affordable housing and other services to help people experiencing or on the verge of homelessness.

The infusion of money to reduce homelessness, part of the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package that President Biden signed in March, is the latest example of how the administration is using the American Rescue Plan to enact a sweeping anti-poverty agenda amid the pandemic.

“Let me be clear. These funds could not come at a more critical time,” Fudge said.

The former Ohio congresswoman appeared over Zoom with Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, and Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin.

The grants, which must be spent by 2030, can be used to provide temporary or permanent housing, including buying and converting hotels and motels so people who are homeless could have a more private and safe place to live than in congregate shelters, Fudge said. The grants can also pay for housing for people fleeing domestic violence. The money will be allocated through a Housing and Urban Development program designed to create affordable housing for low-income families.

Hotels sit vacant during the pandemic. But some locals don’t want homeless people moving in.

This $5 billion in grants is the first of two funding streams to address homelessness in the American Rescue Plan. In the coming weeks, Fudge expects to announce how an additional $5 billion in emergency housing vouchers will be allocated.

Advertisement
“With this strong funding, along with additional emergency rental vouchers that we will be announcing soon, communities across the country will have the resources needed to give homes to the people who have had to endure the covid-19 pandemic without one,” Fudge said.

While these dollars deliver near-term relief to homeless individuals and families and those at risk of losing their homes, Fudge said Biden’s $2 trillion American Jobs Plan, unveiled last week, would bring additional funding necessary to address homelessness and housing instability. Biden’s jobs and infrastructure plan would include $213 billion for housing programs, including $40 billion to improve public housing.

The nation’s homeless population grew to 580,000 individuals, up 2 percent from the previous year, according to HUD’s latest count, taken on a single night in January 2020.

Advertisement
The number, released last month, does not factor in the impact of the pandemic when millions of Americans lost their jobs, fell behind on rent and faced the possibility of eviction despite state and federal moratoriums. Most at risk of being evicted are Black and Latino households, according to multiple studies.

“We know the pandemic has only made the crisis worse,” Fudge said. “So, while Americans were told to stay safe by staying home last year, more than half a million individuals and families had no way to do so because they did not have a home.”

Trump pushing for major crackdown on homeless camps in California, with aides discussing moving residents to government-backed facilities

Fudge, in a White House press briefing last month, said she expects to use the stimulus money to get as many as 130,000 homeless people off the streets over the next 12 to 18 months.

Much of the money will target communities in California, New York, Florida and Texas. More than half of all people experiencing homelessness live in those four states, according to the 2020 count. One in four homeless individuals in the country lived in either New York City or Los Angeles.

President Donald Trump in 2019 had ordered White House officials to address homelessness in Los Angeles and other cities, citing years of failed Democratic leadership that he said led to sustained poverty and crime. Among the ideas that were being considered: razing existing tent camps for the homeless, creating new temporary facilities and refurbishing existing government facilities.

Fudge said 651 grantees will be notified via letters over the next week on how to access the funds. As the former mayor of Warrensville Heights, Ohio, Fudge said local jurisdictions are best positioned to decide how to use the money. But she said she believes permanent housing should be prioritized over congregate homeless shelters and that the majority of the funding will be used to build as many as 32,000 housing units.

“Shelters are not our answer. We do not want them to build shelters,” said Fudge, calling shelters “unsafe as it relates to covid” and unfit for providing people the dignity they deserve. “We’re hopeful the shelters are going to go away as a consequence of what we’re doing today.”

She said the Biden administration also plans to level the playing field for Americans who want to buy a home by providing down payment assistance for people to move from public housing to homeownership.

“We will make sure those who can afford a mortgage are put in a position to be able to buy a home,” Fudge said. “Right now we have banks who don’t want to lend to people to buy a home for less than $50,000″ — homes, she said, that “poor people” can afford, with monthly mortgage payments often lower than rent.

Brown emphasized that in Cleveland and other communities outside of expensive coastal metropolises, federal down payment assistance would go a long way toward helping more low-income families attain homeownership.

“That will mean we’d be more likely to attract grocery stores and transit stops that will make their lives better,” he said.

Fudge said she is optimistic that the Biden administration will be able to “eradicate homelessness” by building more permanent housing and making homeownership accessible to more low-income Americans.

“I’m working in an administration where the president and the vice president have made it a priority and have basically said to me, ‘Let’s find a way to do it,’” she said.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I will say it again, THESE ARE POPULAR IN WEST VIRGINIA. HE IS VOTING FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL INTERESTS!

Exactly.

The argument that Manchin is doing all this in order to keep his seat is laughable. If he just kept his mouth shut and laid low nobody would try to single out a senator from West Virginia. But he wants to make himself a national figure and loves the attention, just like Sinema. I don't live in Arizona but I highly doubt people are in front of Mark Kelly's house accosting him because he supported $15 minimum wage.

Also Machin is 74 years old, so after Republicans win the House in 2022 and his vote becomes irrelevant, lets hope he holds on into his 80s so he can handicap Democrats again if they ever get full control back.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Compare: Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.)

Compare: Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.)

[URL="https://projects.propublica.org/represent/members/M000355-mitch-mcconnell/compare-votes/M001183-joe-manchin-iii/115"]Compare: Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.)
[/URL]

his jr senator votes with Mitch 97% of the time.

He votes against her and consequently Mitch 35% of the time. Let’s dump the guy that votes with the democrats 35% of the time and replace him with someone that votes with them 3% of the time. Sounds great.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Other than complaining, what is the acute solution to the problem Joe manchin poses right now? This is HL so I’m sure the answers will be plentiful.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Other than complaining, what is the acute solution to the problem Joe manchin poses right now? This is HL so I’m sure the answers will be plentiful.
Get out the vote in 2022 and increase the majority which will be very difficult or buy him off with favors for West Virginia like they usually do.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE

At the 2:36 mark they talk about how leveraging budget reconciliation would be a great workaround for Dems to pass policy while the filibuster is in place. Although, I’m not sure if this directly addresses the Machin issue.