How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Daps
President Biden and AG Garland did a speech on gun control and reform. AG announced new measures DOJ is taking.

I feel like this is a gift to Republicans. Republicans going to ride the "Biden gonna take your gunzzzzz" fear mongering to a 2022 midterm House win.
You went from living in terror over a Trump 2020 win to every thing that happens is going to lead to a House wipeout for the Dems. Nut up its not even 2022 yet

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Id rather they not pursue this so they don't destroyed in the midterms.
This is short sighted and an example of how so many of us have gotten lost in political theater.

The Democrats managed to get their arms around Covid in less than 4 months, they got lower and lower middle class income families a check ( working on another round), introduced an infrastructure bill that the average voter could benefit from in various ways, and are now in response to recent mass murder are prepared to take tangible measures to save future lives. I would say real action behind words would outweigh some pissed off gun owners and lobbyist.

And if they find a way to cancel some student loan debt in there before midterms.....

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Pandering to Republican response to everything you do is a gift to Republicans. Taking decisive action and forcing them to live with it or do something about it, is not.
Joe Scarborough even said “republicans can’t attack Biden because he looks like grandpa!”...it was so revealing I don’t even think he realizes that he gave the game away...

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
You went from living in terror over a Trump 2020 win to every thing that happens is going to lead to a House wipeout for the Dems. Nut up its not even 2022 yet
I supported Biden from day 1 because unlike most people in here I knew Biden was the only one who could beat Trump. But I also recognized that Dems could fukk it up if they focus on things that would backfire when the votes are counted. Biden only really won by like 45,000 votes if you think about it, and Dems lost House seats when they were favored to gain, which proved me right that American voters aint with all that shyt.

I want Dems to stay in the majority after the 2022 election. I do not want Kevin McCarthy as Speaker nor do I want the devil on earth as majority leader again. If it means going against progressives, so be it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So? What's the point of going through the trouble of getting elected at all if you're not going to use your power to do anything productive?

Being able to push through a popular agenda is absolutely worth a Senate seat that's probably going to go Republican regardless.
He is productive. Are you making the argument that you'd rather have a senator that votes with the dems none of the time vs some of the time?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You said trump was going to get re elected and Dems not winning the senate.. ask yourself why should anyone listen to you?

That was before COVID. Truth be told the Dems barely beat Trump (electorally) and only won the Senate because GA showed out.

And Trump is the WOAT president in many years. If they barely got him out of the paint there's very little chance they can hold onto power with Trump out of office and Republicans voter suppressing/gerrymandering their asses off. Especially now that Manchin killed HR1. Be naive if you want but realistically their House chances aren't good in 2022. Senate looks a little better but we'll see.

I don't think it's necessarily the Dems fault tho. The party in power usually loses seats and the American electorate is very stupid to begin with.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I supported Biden from day 1 because unlike most people in here I knew Biden was the only one who could beat Trump. But I also recognized that Dems could fukk it up if they focus on things that would backfire when the votes are counted. Biden only really won by like 45,000 votes if you think about it, and Dems lost House seats when they were favored to gain, which proved me right that American voters aint with all that shyt.

I want Dems to stay in the majority after the 2022 election. I do not want Kevin McCarthy as Speaker nor do I want the devil on earth as majority leader again. If it means going against progressives, so be it.

I told my bro three years ago when he was talking about Warren, Bernie, Hilary and Beto that America needs a boring ass middle of the road white man to be President. Straight up. I was a Warren stan and in an ideal world I wanted her but, I knew it was an end game scenario seeing Trump out there wildin and you don’t try to go for the first gay President or the first female President or a crazy radical when thats happening. You go for the sure thing. And Biden fit the bill.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Support Democrats even when they don't support Democrats :wow:
You acting like the republicans don't have Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. The difference was the republicans had a majority large enough that their contrarian party members could at times be allowed to vote against the party at times and not impact anything.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
New gun control EOs

NPR Cookie Consent and Choices
  • An effort to rein in the proliferation of so-called ghost guns, which can be assembled at home from kits and contain no serial numbers. Biden wants to require serial numbers on key parts and require buyers to have background checks.
  • The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking, updating the last one from 2000.
  • The Justice Department has been directed to draft rules regulating stabilizing braces that make AR-15 pistols, which are generally subject to fewer regulations than rifles, more stable and accurate. The suspect in last month's Boulder, Colo., mass shooting that killed 10 people reportedly used such a brace.
  • The Justice Department will draft a template for states to use to write "red flag" laws that enable law enforcement and family members to seek court orders to remove firearms from people determined to be a threat to themselves or others.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You acting like the republicans don't have Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. The difference was the republicans had a majority large enough that their contrarian party members could at times be allowed to vote against the party at times and not impact anything.
Outside of repealing ACA bill they support everything and don't get in front of the camera telling everyone what they will and won't vote.

• Dap
Reactions: No1