How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
But I agree with Pete being more of a President in the future, although he will have to establish himself as a National persona rather than 'Mayor Pete'. Although with him having no issues being on talk shows and backing up his points, that will earn him more National reputation easily enough.

He doesn't have the gravitas for the democrats to coalesce around him in the face of a serious progressive candidate.

In the past two presidential elections the democrats have shown they'll bet the farm
on old grandees regardless of the stakes. If Trump won authoritarian norms would likely continue to successive presidencies. And Trump likely would've won in a timeline without covid. shyt, the election was decided on <45K votes between 4 States.

So while I believe it's grossly incompetent for the Dems to run awful candidates, they will continue to do so which means Kamala gets the nod in either 2024 or 2028.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
So the infrastructure timeline is looking like...

- Pete says Biden wants to see progress by Memorial Day (May 31st)
- Pelosi wants the official House vote in June before the July 4th recess
- FY22 starts on October 1st, so a budget deal will probably be worked out in mid-September

If that's the route we go and this gets done in Sept through reconciliation, what else will this administration/Congress work on until then? Can they get HR1/HR4 done in the meantime? Congress needs to walk and chew gum.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So the infrastructure timeline is looking like...

- Pete says Biden wants to see progress by Memorial Day (May 31st)
- Pelosi wants the official House vote in June before the July 4th recess
- FY22 starts on October 1st, so a budget deal will probably be worked out in mid-September

If that's the route we go and this gets done in Sept through reconciliation, what else will this administration be working on until then? Can they get HR1/HR4 done in the meantime? Congress needs to walk and chew gum at the same time.
I think they're just slow walking towards a reckoning on the filibuster.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
On strictly voting rights or on infrastructure et al. as well?
I think all of it. I think the frustration will build inside the caucus to the point that they will need to either pass popular legislation (infrastructure) or secure voting rights to keep power.

Obviously infrastructure can be tackled via reconciliation, but I think the process confuses the general public.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That's gotta end. Just cause she worked for Facebook don't mean she's down for them.

I've worked at a number of financial institutions and if presented the opportunity I'd hold them all accountable for whatever their transgressions.

Why do people assume that just because you worked somewhere that you're loyal to them?
#Cancel @OfTheCross :mjlit:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I believe Pete will be president in the future. Gay people will eventually get behind him like black folks supported Obama and see him as some type of barrier breaking candidate. As long as he can pull together the rest of the dem coalition he can make it. I'm not so sure about Kamala. I think we're probably closer to a gay male president than a female president regardless of race.

You think middle America is going to sit idly by and let Pete and his husband display public affection on the steps of the whitehouse without a fight? This country is too homophobic (outward and hidden) to let that happen just yet.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He doesn't have the gravitas for the democrats to coalesce around him in the face of a serious progressive candidate.

In the past two presidential elections the democrats have shown they'll bet the farm
on old grandees regardless of the stakes. If Trump won authoritarian norms would likely continue to successive presidencies. And Trump likely would've won in a timeline without covid. shyt, the election was decided on <45K votes between 4 States.

So while I believe it's grossly incompetent for the Dems to run awful candidates, they will continue to do so which means Kamala gets the nod in either 2024 or 2028.
The two things you're saying almost contradict each other. You're saying he can't beat a real progressive but the party won't unite behind a true progressive. That means that isn't a threat to him.

We're reaching a level of gay acceptance in society that we're probably gonna have a gay president. It's not gonna be a republican and I can't really name any other democrats with a profile high enough right now to be there. He kinda becomes the default choice.

With a bit more seasoning he won't implode like he did in the primaries.

Also if people think Gretchen Whitmer is president level they're kidding themselves and that's my governor. It's gonna be much longer for her to reach that status.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The two things you're saying almost contradict each other. You're saying he can't beat a real progressive but the party won't unite behind a true progressive. That means that isn't a threat to him.

We're reaching a level of gay acceptance in society that we're probably gonna have a gay president. It's not gonna be a republican and I can't really name any other democrats with a profile high enough right now to be there. He kinda becomes the default choice.

Also if people think Gretchen Whitmer is president level they're kidding themselves and that's my governor. It's gonna be much longer for her to reach that status.

I'm not so sure about having a gay president in our lifetimes. What people say is one thing, how they vote is another.

A large part of why Hillary lost, if we're being honest, is that some people just won't vote for a female president. Obama was basically a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing.

After 2016, a lot of people won't want to risk another Trump so they're going to gravitate towards "safe" options like Biden for a while.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You think middle America is going to sit idly by and let Pete and his husband display public affection on the steps of the whitehouse without a fight? This country is too homophobic (outward and hidden) to let that happen just yet.
I agree. I think people put too much stock into entertainment/social media to gauge how people view shyt. People might not be outwardly anti gay anymore due to public backlash, but when its time to go vote they gonna select the non gay candidate.

maybe this will be different when gen z becomes the majority but thats a long time away.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Right. It’s not going to happen. At all.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I believe Pete will be president in the future. Gay people will eventually get behind him like black folks supported Obama and see him as some type of barrier breaking candidate. As long as he can pull together the rest of the dem coalition he can make it. I'm not so sure about Kamala. I think we're probably closer to a gay male president than a female president regardless of race.
Nah

This country is still largely white and christian and socially conservative

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to beat a progressive candidate I'm saying the establishment would rather bet on a senior politician, an insider, who has been entrenched in Washington for decades over mayor Pete. At least within the context of the 2020 primary.

Bernie Sanders was the most popular senator for years leading up to the primaries, then he got the most votes from Iowa, won NH and Nevada, he was a credible threat to the establishment and in turn the donors likely advised the candidates to drop out/ political calculations at cabinet positions for a Biden presidency. When it gets to that point they placed their faith in Biden.

As for Buttigieg's chances in 2024-28, I still think we're at least a decade away from electing a gay president. The difference between a Biden presidency and Trump's second term is <45K votes between 3 states so every vote matters. Do you really think a perceived surge in LGBT votes is enough to counteract the people that just won't vote for a gay man?