How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
That's gotta end. Just cause she worked for Facebook don't mean she's down for them.

I've worked at a number of financial institutions and if presented the opportunity I'd hold them all accountable for whatever their transgressions.

Why do people assume that just because you worked somewhere that you're loyal to them?
I think there's a difference between just working somewhere and being a high-level executive in the division of the company related to the area you are now supposed to be regulating.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I think there's a difference between just working somewhere and being a high-level executive in the division of the company related to the area you are now supposed to be regulating.
High level executives leave companies and literally try to put them out of business via competition or other means.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
High level executives leave companies and literally try to put them out of business via competition or other means.
Yes, because it complies with their personal monetary interest to do so. You don’t require an ethics test to go from Company A to Company B the way you require one to go to Company A to the government, because the government as an entity is vested with supra-market powers. Company B can’t unilaterally decide to shut down Company A. Government doesn’t compete with companies (in most instances), it regulates them.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
That's gotta end. Just cause she worked for Facebook don't mean she's down for them.

I've worked at a number of financial institutions and if presented the opportunity I'd hold them all accountable for whatever their transgressions.

Why do people assume that just because you worked somewhere that you're loyal to them?
Because that’s what has occurred for the entirety of American political history? I’ve argued before that past work shouldn’t disqualify you and you would often be sidelining the people that understand institutions the best but anyone who would have suspicions of me prosecuting but corporations if I was at the DOJ would be justified and I’d understand it. You’re being obtuse. Sometimes you guys take this “rose twitter second guessing everyone successful” shyt too far. This is like asking if I would trust Charles Monger to hold Warren Buffet accountable. She wasn’t some random low level worker, she was directly on the opposite side of what she would be overseeing. She might even be ethically conflicted out.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It should not be ignored that the media, which is supposedly 'liberal' but constantly portrays the Republicans as the protagonists, is providing the GQP plenty of cover by running with the narrative of "Why do really need this infrastructure bill when the economy's coming back? Spending over $1T is just going to 'overheat' it."

Another reason why it's laughable to think the Rethuglicans will come to the table in good faith.