How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
You're both overestimating Republicans to be honest.

They would vote against it regardless of what was in it simply because they don't want Biden to get a W.
Exactly. It's not in their political interest to support anything good. It could be a law that provides every American with the cure for cancer and they would still vote against it.
I agree with you both

But if you had a bill on the floor. $1 trillion infrastructure spending entirely deficit spending and no tax hikes... I think they could get close to 60.

That’d be a put up or shut up moment for Manchin

Doing it through reconciliation means this won’t pass until October at earliest.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see the cac mamba is already suggesting dems do whatever Republicans want :russ:

It's such a nonsensical, bad faith argument because we already know the Rethuglicans MO is to get Dems to gut the bill to a pitiful number, then vote no on it anyway.

And as we've just seen with the ARP, if the Dems move forward and pass the $2.2T without them, the Rethuglicans have no problem bragging about and talking credit for all the good provisions in the bill, even though they voted no. :russ:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Because this is a jobs program and taking care of old people is a job we all have to do at some point
I get that senior care is a huge issue. The more than can be done to keep them in their homes and out of nursing home rackets the better for everyone, including the govt that usually foots the bill through Medicaid.

That being said, this probably belongs in a healthcare bill. When you're promoting this as an Infrastructure Bill, the majority of funds should be allocated to bread and butter infrastructure projects - roads, bridges, airports, ports, pipes, green intiatives, etc.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I agree with you both

But if you had a bill on the floor. $1 trillion infrastructure spending entirely deficit spending and no tax hikes... I think they could get close to 60.

That’d be a put up or shut up moment for Manchin

Doing it through reconciliation means this won’t pass until October at earliest.

Personally I'm not at all sure the $1T bill would get 60 votes. The GOP ultimately doesn't want to pass an infrastructure bill while Biden is in office.

Ultimately I'd rather they pass the bill they want in October than pigeonhole themselves to $1T for a bill that they might have to use reconciliation to pass anyway. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:lupe:

Ex6jHz1WYAEECsY