How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The minimum wage. But they don’t even seem to be trying there. Is that acceptable after running on raising it to $15? Dude was yelling at Queen Elizabeth about being able to work with Republicans but won’t lift a finger to win over a member of his own party on an issue he specifically ran on. Cmon fam. :francis:

Point taken. I’m not ready to call Biden Manchins bytch, yet. I know many in here are, for various reasons though so I won’t argue on that. I’ll know the answer for me personally soon enough though.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Manchin has already fukked over the relief bill by staring down the Biden WH and gutting minimum wage and reducing the relief check distribution, and he's killed Biden's OBM nominee. It's been the Biden WH acquiescing to what Manchin wants, not the other way around.

President Manchin.
Manchin is the most powerful member of the Democratic Party, despite not doing anything meaningful and impactful in his senate career and coming from one of the poorest states in the nation.

America :blessed:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
In Joes defense, manchin hasn’t actually fukked us over yet. If that actually happens, then I think it would be appropriate to start questioning him. But being that we live in a Twitter and Tik tok world we have people ready to crucify before events actually happen.
This is actual legislation with people’s lives at stake and Manchin has publicly stated his position - now maybe you know something we don’t but that talk with him needs to happen like @dtownreppin214 said. I said that I give Joe his first 100 days before I say anything but politicians test the waters to prepare the public before things happen. The people talking on social media are no different than any talking head on TV. If people don’t raise a fuss then Joe doesn’t feel the heat or a pushback and his instincts will be to let it slide. This isn’t Warren up there - his track record shows that he would easily make these concessions. This is the same dude who was willing to cut the welfare state under Obama to get a grand bargain with Republicans. People are just more aware and reactive now so that they’re not too late. It’s the way to be.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Manchin is the most powerful member of the Democratic Party, despite not doing anything meaningful and impactful in his senate career and coming from one of the poorest states in the nation.

America :blessed:

Earnest question: what can be done to address the problem of these Senators from broke states holding the rest of the country hostage?

During the Trump era it was McConnell and his literal welfare state Kentucky, now it's Manchin shutting down $15 minimum wage and the stimulus check threshold because it's 'too high for WV' (which has already been debunked).

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cenk is lying again.

He keeps acting like the parliamentarian is something Pelosi, Schumer and Biden made up so they won't have to pass the $15 minimum wage. While I certainly don't doubt there are some Dems going :whew: because they can use it as cover to vote against it, he conveniently ignores that Bernie assured that the parliamentarian would decide in their favor.

It is extremely irresponsible and disingenuous to keep selling these wolf tickets and blaming the 'establishment' when it wasn't that easy.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Earnest question: what can be done to address the problem of these Senators from broke states holding the rest of the country hostage?

During the Trump era it was McConnell and his literal welfare state Kentucky, now it's Manchin shutting down $15 minimum wage and the stimulus check threshold because it's 'too high for WV' (which has already been debunked).
First off, the President and power brokers in the party would actually have to want a different outcome than the blocking Senator(s). Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi don't actually care that much about raising the minimum wage, they're being forced into it by activists. They're not going to go to the mat against Joe Manchin on this issue. Let Bernie or Warren hold up a corporate giveaway or defense spending bill and see how quickly the pliers come out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You mean to tell me Democrats winning the Senate and WH is actually a good thing?

Yes but so far the results are :unimpressed:

The biggest thing Joe has done is concerning vaccine logistics and he should be applauded for that but nothing else has gotten anywhere yet. Some E.O.s that were a start but again nothing too groundbreaking here.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yes but so far the results are :unimpressed:

The biggest thing Joe has done is concerning vaccine logistics and he should be applauded for that but nothing else has gotten anywhere yet. Some E.O.s that were a start but again nothing too groundbreaking here.
The results are we still have a democracy. Let’s be real.

The Covid bill will pass. The other stuff, we’ll have to wait and see. If you’re exepcting the Senate to solve all the world’s issues within 2 months, well...:francis:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The results are we still have a democracy. Let’s be real.

The Covid bill will pass. The other stuff, we’ll have to wait and see. If you’re exepcting the Senate to solve all the world’s issues within 2 months, well...:francis:
The Dems have until November to pass meaningful legislation so that two months is nearly 20% of that time.