How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
The more the economy improves as this covid relief package gets dispersed the less likely Biden revisits this student loan issue imo. You can tell from his answer last night that he doesn't even really want to do the 10k. It's down the list of his agenda priorities. Disappointing because I had hope the public declaration by Schumer, Warren, et al a few weeks ago was being coordinated in conjunction with the WH. I know Klien is keeping a close eye on the polling on various issues, but @FAH1223 I'm skeptical the advocates he's meeting with on this hold as much sway as others from immigration, criminal justice, etc.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I gave up on student loan relief years ago, but Biden saying, "I don't think I have the authority," is absolute BS. He just doesn't want to do it. :yeshrug:

It is what it is.

He came off a little old tonight. Too much rambling...

Also going hard for immigrants while throwing cold water on the student debt thing is poor politics.

pausing payments and interest to atleast oct 1 is student loan relief

we need reform that’s passed through legislation

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Naw I'm not saying she should go rogue, this is an issue that can be delegated to her similar to covid/Pence. It's an obvious blind spot for Biden, but he's been pretty consistent on this issue. So as VP isn't this an opportunity for her to advise him for better or is she going to play the background for 4 years and attempt to make a credible run in 2024? :ld: She needs something big on her resume, something tangible people can see, this is natural fit for her.
Nah, she's not going to do that. Also, I think that Kamala is probably looking to make her impact more in the foreign policy realm (this is her area of least expertise).

I'm not saying that Kamala shouldn't push Biden on certain issues but this student debt issue isn't one of them. It should be Congressional Dems that push Biden and they're the ones who can actual make the biggest difference when it comes to student loans.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No. And it makes Biden look especially dumb because Democrats in both chambers of congress, including the senate majority leader, have pushed for this. So all of them just pulled it out of their ass? He just threw them under the bus for no reason. :mjlol:

That said, it was a deeply unpopular issue, and people left, right and center came out to universally shyt on it when it was proposed a few months ago, so I don't know why people in here are acting like this is going to hurt Dems down the road.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
No. And it makes Biden look especially dumb because Democrats in both chambers of congress, including the senate majority leader, have pushed for this. So all of them just pulled it out of their ass? He just threw them under the bus for no reason. :mjlol:

That said, it was a deeply unpopular issue, and people left, right and center came out to universally shyt on it when it was proposed a few months ago, so I don't know why people in here are acting like this is going to hurt Dems down the road.

I think it will hurt them if they don't deliver. 40% of black voters are already considering staying home if there is no action on student loans. More people are tired of politicians promising shyt and not delivering results. What's the point of voting if the politicians you vote for aren't doing anything meaningful with their power?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it will hurt them if they don't deliver. 40% of black voters are already considering staying home if there is no action on student loans. More people are tired of politicians promising shyt and not delivering results. What's the point of voting if the politicians you vote for aren't doing anything meaningful with their power?

I disagree. Biden never promised $50K and has in fact been pretty adamantly against it. He's blatantly lying about the reason, but he's been consistent about the $10K. We can argue that he's dragging his feet on that, but I doubt that many people are that pissed about it being 'only' $10K instead of $50K.

People left, right and center have shyt on this idea from the start. I bet the average voter is like, "You don't even deserve to have the $10K forgiven. Take that and shut the fukk up. :camby:"

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
I disagree. Biden never promised $50K and has in fact been pretty adamantly against it. He's blatantly lying about the reason, but he's been consistent about the $10K. We can argue that he's dragging his feet on that, but I doubt that many people are that pissed about it being 'only' $10K instead of $50K.

People left, right and center have shyt on this idea from the start. I bet the average voter is like, "You don't even deserve to have the $10K forgiven. Take that and shut the fukk up. :camby:"
I'm not even talking about 50k. I'm cool with 10k and understand that's what Biden ran on. Just saying if we don't even get 10k forgiveness, expect a lot of people not showing up next election cycle.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Look, I'm also affected by this student debt crisis and I definitely wish that my student debt could by wiped out or significantly reduced. I hope that progressive Dems push Biden further on this. At least even half way ($25,000).

However, I'm not going to be furious if Biden only wipes out $10,000. It would suck but that's not the only issue I'm concerned about and it would help me slightly.
This nikka said 10k only for the poorest people my nikka. The caping you nikkas do.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The more the economy improves as this covid relief package gets dispersed the less likely Biden revisits this student loan issue imo. You can tell from his answer last night that he doesn't even really want to do the 10k. It's down the list of his agenda priorities. Disappointing because I had hope the public declaration by Schumer, Warren, et al a few weeks ago was being coordinated in conjunction with the WH. I know Klien is keeping a close eye on the polling on various issues, but @FAH1223 I'm skeptical the advocates he's meeting with on this hold as much sway as others from immigration, criminal justice, etc.
He just doesn’t want to do it. His wealthiest donors tried to move him during the campaign trail and he was like nah. He simply just doesn’t want to do it based on old notions of paying off your debt and because his family didn’t personally benefit from it. That decision in and of itself probably costs the Dems multiple seats in the house based on millennials - the group hardest hit by the downturn - staying home.