How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're going to filibuster a $1400 compromise as well. Might as well push the full $2k, call their bluff, and use an extremely popular proposal as a springboard for busting the filibuster. They'll catch heat for a week then people will forget when they start getting $2k checks with Biden's mug on it.

I don't disagree with any of this, but you know Biden had to compromise under the guise of 'unity' and 'bipartisanship.' :francis:

And by that same logic, they could stick with the $1400 and still pursue that messaging: "We came up with a compromise that we thought Republicans would agree to, and they still blocked it."

Murc's law suggest that Dems would get blamed when the GOP blocked the $2000 checks anyway. "Why did they think Republicans would go for a whole extra $2000 when they already passed $600?"

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dems need to address their black male problem (which they won’t), Trump increased his black male vote for his side this last election. A much more savvy republican will be able to use that foundation.

What exactly could Dems do to address it? That said I don't really see many brehs voting for Republicans.

Men are always more likely to vote Republican but I can't see any large percentage of black men supporting the GOP, I think the Latino vote might be a bigger issue electorally (Florida :huhldup:).

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Dems need to address their black male problem (which they won’t), Trump increased his black male vote for his side this last election. A much more savvy republican will be able to use that foundation.
Yesterday, Klobuchar said that after the covid relief bill she thinks they'll prioritize the immigration bill next. I guess they want to do it now because they know nobody will want to touch it next year? :yeshrug:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
What did you do, were you a consultant? Dems need to approach everything with the framework that 60% of the electorate does not have a college degree.
This was a lot interning/working in congressional offices or for democratic adjacent organizations. Plus, I was in politics locally since I was a teenager. There was a lot of crafting statements for congresspeople and other think tanks or or non profits and briefing them and working on strategy and presentations and preparing for Republican counters. And I always just thought that we never said the simple shyt. But that’s not really why I’m not in politics now. It was probably when a senator I was working with told us point blank that everyone knows Medicare for All makes sense but we’re a generation away. I’m far too impatient for that sort of slow and incremental grind.

Last edited:

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
The average voter don’t care about wonky technicalities. Ossoff, Warnock and Biden know that and straight up said $2,000, and not “we will give you $1,400 more.”

Dems are not going to get anywhere outsmarting voters. They aren’t going anywhere playing the game of bait and switch. They aren’t going to go anywhere going “what we really meant.”

What we do know is you take credit for your political accomplishments. You run back to voters and say, “I got this for you!”

We may not know how many voters were impacted by that, but we do know that a signed check and a letter saying, “I care,” means more than staying quiet about something really beneficial like those employment benefits. We know that because unemployed people were losing their shyt last month when the deadline was coming.

Didn’t the greatest percentage of the population in 100 years vote in November? It’s not about undecideds or independents, it’s about the unmotivated and low information voter. You need to show that person what you’ve done. Downballot Dems never did that.

Exactly, Dems are terrible at optics and it's why they aren't as successful as a party as they should be. Yes, to the average voter, they expected $2000, not $1400. Just like that an easy win turns into an L.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Side note, I see Mitch on the Senate floor begging the Dems not to nuke the filibuster.

If Schumer had any balls, he'd tell Mitch to fukk off. ACB should have been the last straw for playing nice with these fakkits. :camby:
Remember when Dems was begging McConnell not to invoke the nuclear option to confirm the judges? Mitch was like :mjlol:

Now that he’s not the majority leader he’s :mjcry:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I don't disagree with any of this, but you know Biden had to compromise under the guise of 'unity' and 'bipartisanship.' :francis:

And by that same logic, they could stick with the $1400 and still pursue that messaging: "We came up with a compromise that we thought Republicans would agree to, and they still blocked it."

Murc's law suggest that Dems would get blamed when the GOP blocked the $2000 checks anyway. "Why did they think Republicans would go for a whole extra $2000 when they already passed $600?"
Because they ran on 2k checks. They ran on it in Georgia even after the $600 checks got passed. If you've removed the obstacle of the filibuster, why not just keep the promise you made literally 2 weeks ago? They have the American people on their side on this issue, there's no conceivable reason to water it down. It's just going to turn all these new voters into cynical voters right off the bat.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
If we're being honest Dems are probably going to lose in 2022 regardless.

Dem voters are just not going to turn out in the midterms without a Republican POTUS. And no, that isn't pessimism, that's just the logical take based on recent history.

Even so they should probably kill the filibuster. If it looks like the GOP is going to win in 2024 they can bring it back :troll:
Trump isn’t on the ballot you buster

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Exactly, Dems are terrible at optics and it's why they aren't as successful as a party as they should be. Yes, to the average voter, they expected $2000, not $1400. Just like that an easy win turns into an L. Instead of compromising you're position until no one is satisfied, run with conviction on your original position, and if it doesn't get through, blame the other party and let the voters punish them like we saw in Georgia.
The same people defending the Biden and the Dems for this misdirection will be the same ones saying Dems don't know how to control the narrative.