How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
What’s funny about this is it’s what many of on here have said for a while. The scary progressives said this for a while:

Remember when Trump put his signature and a letter on those stimulus checks? Whose to say that didn’t give him an additional batch of voters. Contrast that with Dems not running on the additional unemployment money they advocate for, and how many people didn’t know they did that? The Obama admin felt they were above stuff like that and were too cool for school, and ultimately miscalculated a lot of stuff.

Help people’s lives!

Biden is already fukking up by being cute with the $2,000, I’m sorry, $1,400 stimulus checks. They campaigned on $2,000 but are now playing that hackey politics game.
You're right about 2k checks, they fumbled there. I've already said numerous times Dems need to adopt Trump's showmanship.

Any policy wins must be clear and felt immediately. The article states they have two years, no they have about a 1-1.5 years as most pols start getting scared of their own shadows in election years.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The campaigned on increasing the 600 to 2k and that’s exactly the bill they passed in the house

There’s no way of knowing Trumps signature on the checks got him more votes like there is no way of knowing if saying we got extra unemployment would bring more votes

Fact is there aren’t many undecided voters and Trump was popular to his base. Dems did what they needed to do.
I don’t know why some of you guys are so afraid to criticize Democratic Party strategy. What you basically just said is “well, I don’t have a white paper that explicitly pinpoints this, therefore we cannot make this calculation.” Meanwhile, with 0 evidence people on here were willing to blame defund for everything. (Including, I’d imagine pretty much every one of the sort who will agree with your post.) Selling the things that you’re doing is good politics and has been since the inception of politics. No one needs to provide a citation to that because it is common knowledge. Arguing against that means taking up beef with everybody working in politics over the past 40 years. It’s not a debatable proposition. No one was talking about undecided voters in the party system. The undecided voters are the ones who will or won’t vote. And what everyone with any sense is saying is that if you take away the Republican boogeyman then you need something to motivate voters.

What’s even more crazy is that Nancy Pelosi didn’t want to pass the stimulus earlier precisely because she agreed with @mastermind and feared the idea of a bunch of checks going out with Trump’s name just before the election. Come on fam.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You're right about 2k checks, they fumbled there. I've already said numerous times Dems need to adopt Trump's showmanship.
My experience working with the Democratic Party has always been that we’re the smartest guys in the room and the most professional and we forget that most people aren’t remotely like that. The law firm job interview and the job interview with the American public are two different things. Oddly, Obama knew that on the campaign trail. I never got why they sold things so poorly.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The campaigned on increasing the 600 to 2k and that’s exactly the bill they passed in the house
The average voter don’t care about wonky technicalities. Ossoff, Warnock and Biden know that and straight up said $2,000, and not “we will give you $1,400 more.”

Dems are not going to get anywhere outsmarting voters. They aren’t going anywhere playing the game of bait and switch. They aren’t going to go anywhere going “what we really meant.”

There’s no way of knowing Trumps signature on the checks got him more votes like there is no way of knowing if saying we got extra unemployment would bring more votes
What we do know is you take credit for your political accomplishments. You run back to voters and say, “I got this for you!”

We may not know how many voters were impacted by that, but we do know that a signed check and a letter saying, “I care,” means more than staying quiet about something really beneficial like those employment benefits. We know that because unemployed people were losing their shyt last month when the deadline was coming.

Fact is there aren’t many undecided voters and Trump was popular to his base. Dems did what they needed to do.
Didn’t the greatest percentage of the population in 100 years vote in November? It’s not about undecideds or independents, it’s about the unmotivated and low information voter. You need to show that person what you’ve done. Downballot Dems never did that.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Nice article overall. But it leans a little too much into assuming that easing “economic anxiety” through forced legislation is going to be the cure all for a populace that has proven they will lean into their preferred media outlets and interpret any legislation with a distorted viewpoint with an ultimate reinvigoration to prolong white supremacy as long as they can in 2022. It basically assumes that any loss suffered is solely due to the dems while dismissing the angry, cornered, highly motivated opponent.

Yes the dems must take advantage of the opportunity they have, but any “whitelash” (as Van Jones put it years ago) will be due to a much older and less easily dismantled problem that only some of America’s people can appreciate. Certain centuries old institutions will not just quietly fade into the night.
I might be naive, but I do think there's a segment of Trump voters (<5%) that are with him because they are just sick of broken gov't. I think these voters are winnable and with the margins so slim, that'd be enough to keep the majority.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
My experience working with the Democratic Party has always been that we’re the smartest guys in the room and the most professional and we forget that most people aren’t remotely like that. The law firm job interview and the job interview with the American public are two different things. Oddly, Obama knew that on the campaign trail. I never got why they sold things so poorly.
What did you do, were you a consultant? Dems need to approach everything with the framework that 60% of the electorate does not have a college degree.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I might be naive, but I do think there's a segment of Trump voters (<5%) that are with him because they are just sick of broken gov't. I think these voters are winnable and with the margins so slim, that'd be enough to keep the majority.
I agree with this too, but no need to court theme

I think there are millions of people that don't vote at all because they see no value.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If we're being honest Dems are probably going to lose in 2022 regardless.

Dem voters are just not going to turn out in the midterms without a Republican POTUS. And no, that isn't pessimism, that's just the logical take based on recent history.

Even so they should probably kill the filibuster. If it looks like the GOP is going to win in 2024 they can bring it back :troll:
Here we fukking go man:what: give it a rest!

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I might be cynical but I think trying to win Trump voters is a waste of time and effort and almost none of them are winnable for Dems. Anybody who still supports Trump at this point is just doing so out of resentment.

Personally I think Dems get a much better ROA by just focusing on getting their own voters to the polls.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It should absolutely be a separate $2000 check because we're so late in the game and have received nothing for almost nine months, but the idea that the dems played 'bait and switch' is absolute nonsense. The push was always to raise the $600 to $2000, not add $2000 to the $600.

The only reasons they went with the $1400 is because the $600 checks already went out and the Rethuglicans would filibuster a full $2000 to hell.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Exactly. Republicans are going to come out in force in 22/24 and Dem voters are likely to be complacent with Trump out of the paint.

I don't think any particular legislation is going to fix that problem. Maybe they should ask Stacey Abrams for advice :yeshrug: otherwise we may be in for another 2010
Dems need to address their black male problem (which they won’t), Trump increased his black male vote for his side this last election. A much more savvy republican will be able to use that foundation.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The average voter don’t care about wonky technicalities. Ossoff, Warnock and Biden know that and straight up said $2,000, and not “we will give you $1,400 more.”

Dems are not going to get anywhere outsmarting voters. They aren’t going anywhere playing the game of bait and switch. They aren’t going to go anywhere going “what we really meant.”

What we do know is you take credit for your political accomplishments. You run back to voters and say, “I got this for you!”

We may not know how many voters were impacted by that, but we do know that a signed check and a letter saying, “I care,” means more than staying quiet about something really beneficial like those employment benefits. We know that because unemployed people were losing their shyt last month when the deadline was coming.

Didn’t the greatest percentage of the population in 100 years vote in November? It’s not about undecideds or independents, it’s about the unmotivated and low information voter. You need to show that person what you’ve done. Downballot Dems never did that.

down-ballot Dems didn’t win cause Trump was on the ballot. There was no accounting for the amount of people who just showed up because Trump was on the ballot

Dems got the senate runoffs in Georgia because Trump was not on the ballot.

“Dems aren’t going to get anywhere”:dahell:

the Dems control the entire government:dead:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
It should absolutely be a separate $2000 check because we're so late in the game and have received nothing for almost nine months, but the idea that the dems played 'bait and switch' is absolute nonsense. The push was always to raise the $600 to $2000, not add $2000 to the $600.

The only reasons they went with the $1400 is because the $600 checks already went out and the Rethuglicans would filibuster a full $2000 to hell.
They're going to filibuster a $1400 compromise as well. Might as well push the full $2k, call their bluff, and use an extremely popular proposal as a springboard for nuking the filibuster. They'll catch heat for a week then people will forget when they start getting $2k checks with Biden's mug on it.

Notice how nobody gives a shyt about ACB anymore? Voters, by and large, do not care about these archaic procedural norms.

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Republican criticism has made them gun-shy, I agree with the general sentiment that the Democrats govern as if they're afraid of their own shadow.

Democrats must get over the fact that no matter what they do, there will be a certain segment of this country who will vehemently disagree and criticize it simply because it did not originate from their own political bubble.