How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Daps
The problem is that society also built up a propaganda campaign where having a college degree was essential to success rather than focusing on what degrees help foster and create that success if at all

Ding Ding fukking Ding

Notice 2 generations of people (Born late 1930’s- early 1960’s) who had school paid for or paid for it at minuscule fraction of the current cost have been basically demanding you get a degree to get a “good job” for the last 30 years. Meanwhile, stagnating wages and higher costs of living (along with the cost of obtaining that degree) have sapped wealth from young generations.

Those people are still in charge in industry, in finance, and of course, politically. They’ve been the product of increasing life expectancy, leaps in technology and while FDR’s New Deal/Progressive plans allowed them to accumulate wealth and therefore, power. And their idealism was crushed by the fact that they would be the ones who would suffer most if society continued to progress past them. Degrees have never been the determining factor of success except in the maintaining/increasing of already acquired wealth.....Specialization, Technical skills, Access to capital, and networking are. And while going to college can help that with SOME degrees....... most can’t (Look at the average incoming teacher salary)

Look, I’m not saying it was some grand plan, but those policies and practices enacted have led us to this cliff without them taking any steps to mitigate these problems.... and do whatever they can to profit from it. Those who were in charge/adults during WWI/Great Depression/WWII shaped America in ways that we see spoken about performatively, but in the long run it’s been utilized as a way to create an underclass reliant on needed to work to pay off their debt to “advance”

This is coming from someone who has paid off all their student loans: America NEEDS this, but Biden is right to make Congress pass a bill first (as much as I would like to see him wield power) to maximize effectiveness.

1) If the progressive wing really wants to push this, use a Senate/House vote as factor in primaries/flipping seats. This will create even more progressive policies.

2) After that, Biden can reassess and make a decision to unilaterally pull the trigger on something small while we wait for voters to put people in that will codify it for something big.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Oh, come on, you're giving up this early? This is disappointing, you usually have more trolling stamina than this. You didn't even try the "Joe Biden is playing 4D chess by tricking Republicans into thinking they have the high ground" angle. Instead, you're trying to revive this stale line, like fat Elvis trying to play his old hits. You created an entire thread about this that died, at least have the decency to bump it if you want to slap box, beloved.

:whew::whew:

Cognito

All Star
Daps
Biden is like the stupidest dem btw. Much dumber than Ted Kennedy and Kerry. Kamala is much smarter than him. Hope her and Warren are the ones running the government when he's eating his pudding.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I can't with the caping for Biden anymore. He talked down stimulus and is now refusing something the senate leader of his party is clamoring for. Dude is garbage and the party is finished after 24'
Dictating policy before your are sworn in is what got Trump in trouble(don't worry about those Obama sanctions Russia, will take care of it). Biden can't/shouldn't really say anything about ongoing policy and bills.

At least stay consistent.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don't view Democrats doing whatever they can to push through healthy, good policies as destroying Democracy, I see it as saving Democracy. Republicans have already shown themselves to be a death cult who want to destroy society, they've already shot the first, second and third shot in this war. They're not good-faith partners who just have different opinions, they have an ideology that is fundamentally incompatible with a prosperous, healthy society.

Well we fundamentally disagree about what the nature of the problem is.

There's never been some moment where the Republicans and Dems have gone hand-in-hand to help the country. Even FDR had Republican obstruction at the height of the Depression even after the Repubs had proven they failed.

The Republicans now just don't believe in anything except obstruction. Individually you can persuade a few but the cost of switching sides without approval(Collins/Murkowski/Romeny theatrics) has become the norm.

Democrats need to show the country that they are able and willing to govern, that they're not just a junior partner in the government whose only role is to stop the actual boss' worst proclivities. Immediately kowtowing to rules that the other side just threw in the trash - fake rules that inhibit the ability to materially impact millions of lives for the better - doesn't signal "responsibility" it signals weakness. Biden and the Democrats should blitzkrieg action in any and every avenue possible, not waiting for consent from Mitch McConnell. Inaction will hurt Democrats in future elections, further imperiling their ability to gain access to spaces of political power, condemning the country to the wasteland that Republicans want it to be.

I feel like at this point, part of the country has signaled they just don't want to be governed except by people like them. At this point I'm more of the mind of just be willing to pay the price of making policy. The Dems will more than likely lose seat they should have in places like Kansas no matter how inept the Repubs are(Brownback) vs being sound stuarts of policy.

ObamaCare(a legislation has been upheld) where his executive actions have been reversed or overridden. So I'm much more in favor of wielding power to create a hard to undo legislation than shortcutting an executive action at the mercy of Republicans. Or a combination of both.

There's a reason Republicans have gummed up the Legislative branch, cause they want to force Dems to not make permanent policy that's harder to undo.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Oh, come on, you're giving up this early? This is disappointing, you usually have more trolling stamina than this. You didn't even try the "Joe Biden is playing 4D chess by tricking Republicans into thinking they have the high ground" angle. Instead, you're trying to revive this stale line, like fat Elvis trying to play his old hits. You created an entire thread about this that died, at least have the decency to bump it if you want to slap box, beloved.
Why would I waste cycles going back in forth with a self admitted accelerationist whose judgement has been shaky at best.

It's clear your only guiding principle is supporting what you think will unravel the establishment.

Even here, you're not even arguing so much of how this will be beneficial on its own, but merely as a show of strength. :francis:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Why would I waste cycles going back in forth with a self admitted accelerationist whose judgement has been shaky at best.

It's clear your only guiding principle is supporting what you think will unravel the establishment.

Even here, you're not even arguing so much of how this will be beneficial on its own, but merely as a show of strength. :francis:
:dead:

Complains about “wasting cycles” while combing through 4 years of my posts on Christmas evening in a second failed attempt to get me out the paint.

tenor.gif

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
You can’t be serious.

Clyburn’s hands are all over the cabinet. You think Kamala and Austin are there without Clyburn? fukk outta here. :mjlol:
:what: Uh yeah.

Are you actually citing these two, a corporate neoliberal establishment-anointed careerist and a retired general on the board of Raytheon, being granted executive positions as some kind of return on investment for Black people? You need to smarten up and stop shyt-posting someday bruh.