How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
No, you want Joe Biden to skip over congress to enact policy proposals you like because you don't believe it is possible to achieve them through elected representatives.

It's really a coping mechanism. While you accept that your views are achievable through direct action, you fail to accept that isn't what the person elected said they would do.

It's ironic because if someone who would use executive action to sidestep congress to push through the policies you'd want were electable then they probably wouldn't need to because you would see similar people elected down ballot.

You need to accept that what you want isn't as popular as you believe.
There's no "skipping over congress", this is a power vested in the Executive Branch. Biden is choosing to punt to Congress because he doesn't want to govern. :unimpressed:

Your idea that the Executive Branch must subordinate their right of executive action to Congressional will is both ahistorical and undermining the very co-equal nature of the tripartite system of the federal government. The President shouldn't need the consent of Congress to act unilaterally within their powers. Otherwise, just abolish the Presidency and institute a parliamentary system.

My case for executive action to cancel student debt isn't solely based on the popularity of the concept, it's based on it being good policy on its own merits. The guiding principle for political action should be what is good and right, not just what is popular. It's called leadership.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
There's no "skipping over congress", this is a power vested in the Executive Branch. Biden is choosing to punt to Congress because he doesn't want to govern. :unimpressed:

Demanding that congress take action to pass popular legislation isn't governing?
:mjlol:

Your idea that the Executive Branch must subordinate their right of executive action to Congressional will is both ahistorical and undermining the very co-equal nature of the tripartite system of the federal government. The President shouldn't need the consent of Congress to act unilaterally within their powers. Otherwise, just abolish the Presidency and institute a parliamentary system.

I am a large opponent to increasing more and more congressional duties to the executive. It's a large reason why we're in the mess that we're in.

My conclusion that you all crave a left wing dictator is based on a couple of things. One being your defense of left wing leaders overruling constitutional term limits because they were, "doing good."

Secondly because of the blatant hypocrisy on display. I've seen you and @FAH1223 bemoan congress for abdicating their duties and passing them on to the executive branch. Especially when they were pushing policies you didn't like. But as soon as it's something you want, you all use this bullshyt term of, "wielding power" to justify your hypocrisy. So yea, I'm calling you on it.

My case for executive action to cancel student debt isn't solely based on the popularity of the concept, it's based on it being good policy on its own merits. The guiding principle for political action should be what is good and right, not just what is popular. It's called leadership.
Good leadership would be doing what you said you were elected to do.

Not just doing what "you" consider to be good. Policy just because you can. :mjlol:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Guys just want a left wing dictator. :picard:

they also believe they know what's best for everyone and people will accept it and embrace once they get it. :duck:
No, you want Joe Biden to skip over congress to enact policy proposals you like because you don't believe it is possible to achieve them through elected representatives.

It's really a coping mechanism. While you accept that your views are achievable through direct action, you fail to accept that isn't what the person elected said they would do.

It's ironic because if someone who would use executive action to sidestep congress to push through the policies you'd want were electable then they probably wouldn't need to because you would see similar people elected down ballot.

You need to accept that what you want isn't as popular as you believe.
Did you and @DIO Brando have one of those old time movie concussions where your memory gets completely wiped off from last 4 years and 8 years of Obama's presidency?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Did you and @DIO Brando have one of those old time movie concussions where your memory gets completely wiped off from last 4 years and 8 years of Obama's presidency?

No, I didn't.

I'm asking you to point out where Joe Biden isn't doing what he said he do.

Seems you all are upset because he wants things to go through congress and not continue the trend of an outsized executive branch.

But I imagine your complaint is that you don't think it will pass despite being popular. Is it actually popular? :patrice:

Maybe if Republicans block it you activists can come up with a fun defund slogan to run on in 2022.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
No, I didn't.

I'm asking you to point out where Joe Biden isn't doing what he said he do.

Seems you all are upset because he wants things to go through congress and not continue the trend of an outsized executive branch.

But I imagine your complaint is that you don't think it will pass despite being popular. Is it actually popular? :patrice:

Maybe if Republicans block it you activists can come up with a fun defund slogan to run on in 2022.

The reason people are not receiving $2000 stimulus checks is because they are not popular. Bill would've passed congress if it was popular, people simply don't want $2000 :manny:

:camby:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
While I support student loan relief and a general lowering of the cost of education to the point of free public education, I am not naive enough to believe you all are arguing in general good faith.

The truth is, based on the conversations we've had over the years, is that many of you willingly took on large student debt knowing you weren't going to work on a field that would make this a valuable ROI.

I'd respect it more if you all just said what it really is and not trying to shrowd it in populist rhetoric.

You want Biden to drop your student loan debt via executive action because you don't believe it will pass and you will personally benefit from it.

At least @dora_da_destroyer keeps it 100 about this shyt. :ehh:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The reason people are not receiving $2000 stimulus checks is because they are not popular. Bill would've passed congress if it was popular, people simply don't want $2000 :manny:

:camby:
If people wanted big stimulus they would have elected people who pushed for it.

74million people told you they don't give a fukk about a stimulus check and want to reopen the country.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Biden wants to go through Congress because he’s a creature of the Senate. If the Warren and Pressley resolutions become provisions in a bill that passes, he’d sign it of course.

He keeps saying $10,000 because that’s what passed in the HEROES Act in May. He probably would be saying $20,000 or $30,000 if that’s what was inserted.

But the power to cancel debt is with the Exevutive Branch already. Trump and his ghoul Ed Secretary have used the same compromise and settlement authority to suspend payments and interest. Trump has forgiven debt for disabled vets. All of this is possible because of what happened when the ACA was signed into law in 2010 that put the US government as the consolidated holder of 95% of the student debt.

The Education Department already forgives student debt every year though the ghoul Secretary has halted some of those programs through administrative sabotage.

Anyway, Biden should continue the moratorium on payments and forgive student debt irregardless of the result in GA. If both seats don’t flip, he has an easy win up his sleeve. The public supports broad base forgiveness. It won’t be all student debt like the activists want.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
While I support student loan relief and a general lowering of the cost of education to the point of free public education, I am not naive enough to believe you all are arguing in general good faith.

The truth is, based on the conversations we've had over the years, is that many of you willingly took on large student debt knowing you weren't going to work on a field that would make this a valuable ROI.

I'd respect it more if you all just said what it really is and not trying to shrowd it in populist rhetoric.

You want Biden to drop your student loan debt via executive action because you don't believe it will pass and you will personally benefit from it.

At least @dora_da_destroyer keeps it 100 about this shyt. :ehh:
Talk about people arguing in bad faith while you yourself are posting bad faith arguments. There is no way a sane person would argue that a bill just by virtue of being popular would pass through Congress. And further that the President shouldn't use legal authority afforded to him to enact a policy that doesn't need Congressional approval (and would 100% get blocked in Congress).

I'm just not going to accept that you believe that a Republican controlled Senate will pass any popular bill that will increase Biden's approval rating. It's been 10 years since McConnell said his top priority was making Obama a one-term President and it's only got worse since then, but you're in here talking about bad faith arguments :gucci:

You and the rest of Lincoln Project Liberals in here spend a lot of time posting about what progressives are thinking. Instead of creating whole storylines and as you say 'truth', how about taking people at face value. Maybe just maybe some of us who weren't Biden supporters during the primary want him to have a successful Presidency. And it doesn't take a great mind to figure out that a simple way to be a popular President is to enact popular policies and then take credit for them.

I know it's hard for Lincoln Project Liberals to fathom that progressives want Democrats to be successful because I see the "own the progressives!" mindset has set in with posters on here. People are actively cheerleading progressive politicians and policies being defeated even if it hurts them. So I see why you would think that the 'other side' operates the same way :hubie:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Demanding that congress take action to pass popular legislation isn't governing?
Not when it's something you have the power to do yourself and know it will probably die in a broken Congress, no, that's not governing, that's passing the buck.

Saying you want someone else to do something you can do yourself is the opposite of doing shyt.
I am a large opponent to increasing more and more congressional duties to the executive. It's a large reason why we're in the mess that we're in.

My conclusion that you all crave a left wing dictator is based on a couple of things. One being your defense of left wing leaders overruling constitutional term limits because they were, "doing good."

Secondly because of the blatant hypocrisy on display. I've seen you and @FAH1223 bemoan congress for abdicating their duties and passing them on to the executive branch. Especially when they were pushing policies you didn't like. But as soon as it's something you want, you all use this bullshyt term of, "wielding power" to justify your hypocrisy. So yea, I'm calling you on it.
It's really quite simple. I believe the ends of good governance justify the means and you don't. I think saving lives and providing people the means to live a dignified life is more important than maintaining a particular status quo of governmental power allocation. In theory I favor a more active Congress because Congress is supposed to be the more directly democratic institution, but in reality that isn't the case, as Congress is plagued by gridlock and outsized control by Republicans. So until that ceased to be the case, I'm not going to advocate funneling more people into a sinking ship. I'm living in reality, you're living in some academic exercise. Biden giving up his power to a broken, gridlocked Congress has real world implications. If Biden refuses to pick up the tools in front of him and cancel student debt because he's more comfortable or familiar with a prior era of governmental balance he'll be directly liable for the negative outcomes those people continue to endure. He could have helped but he will have chosen not to.

Good leadership would be doing what you said you were elected to do.

Not just doing what "you" consider to be good. Policy just because you can. :mjlol:
Yeah, I have a system of principles that extends beyond polling. Another area we apparently disagree. :manny:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nonsense. It's fairly logical for Biden to pursue student loan debt through congress because his debt relief plan had two major asks.

One to forgive 10k in student debt and 2 to wipe away all debt from public 2 and four year college attendees making under 125k.

Approaching them both together is reasonable. If it fails he can always take executive action and we'll see how it holds up to the legal challenges.

This current outrage is silly because he isn't saying anything different now than he was before and I assume the gripe is merely that you want him to come in testing the limits of his executive authority. :unimpressed:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yeah, I have a system of principles that extends beyond polling. Another area we apparently disagree. :manny:

You were just arguing against student loan forgiveness for people making six figures last week.

Four years ago you were a staunch Trump supporter saying he's the most pro black candidate we'd seen.

Pardon me for not taking you are a principled, good faith, actor.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Talk about people arguing in bad faith while you yourself are posting bad faith arguments. There is no way a sane person would argue that a bill just by virtue of being popular would pass through Congress. And further that the President shouldn't use legal authority afforded to him to enact a policy that doesn't need Congressional approval (and would 100% get blocked in Congress).

The argument is people don't value this as a priority. If it were they'd vote in people to enact it.

Two, it's not a forgone conclusion that this will stand up to legal challenges.

I'm just not going to accept that you believe that a Republican controlled Senate will pass any popular bill that will increase Biden's approval rating. It's been 10 years since McConnell said his top priority was making Obama a one-term President and it's only got worse since then, but you're in here talking about bad faith arguments :gucci:
My position is simple. If people had an issue with the republican controlled senate, they'd vote them out. :rudy:

You and the rest of Lincoln Project Liberals in here spend a lot of time posting about what progressives are thinking. Instead of creating whole storylines and as you say 'truth', how about taking people at face value. Maybe just maybe some of us who weren't Biden supporters during the primary want him to have a successful Presidency. And it doesn't take a great mind to figure out that a simple way to be a popular President is to enact popular policies and then take credit for them.

You're arguing under the assumption that he won't follow through if congress fails to take action. I'm operating under the assumption that he will:rudy:.

I know it's hard for Lincoln Project Liberals to fathom that progressives want Democrats to be successful because I see the "own the progressives!" mindset has set in with posters on here. People are actively cheerleading progressive politicians and policies being defeated even if it hurts them. So I see why you would think that the 'other side' operates the same way :hubie:

This is projection. I could really care less what coastal elite liberals think I think of them or their intentions. :umad: