Daps
Reppin
Bucktown

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Better stay with your parents and stack some money to buy a house ( when prices drop, well actually “ if “ ) skip the whole wasting money on renting. So unless your dad still kicking your ass, stay put and just save. These hoes now a days will completely understand you staying with your parents unlike my time lol

a lot of ppl renting are struggling even back in those days living check to check.

this

Live at home and stack. Just don’t disrespect their house and treat it like your own if you ain’t contributing to the household.

If they’re providing you with food and no rent , the least you can do is to cook, clean and mind your dam business. Don’t be inviting your boys or hoes over to kick it either.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
my older cousins, siblings, etc were living the young single fun life back in the 2000s for like $700-900 a month while just working retail jobs or other low earning nonprofessional occupations, now its my turn and we have to cough up damn near $2000 a month to live respectably. :gucci:

I’m in New York, the DIRTIEST crappiest oldest apartments are starting for $1600. That may/may not include pests, water issues, noise, impossible parking etc.

I have a decent corporate deskjob income, college degree, and im STILL stressed hunting for a new crib, idk how everyone else is even enjoying their 20s and dating around, traveling with these prices:francis::picard:

Boomers and those old politicians need to jailed for handing us the country like this.
MAne 2006 me and my cousin was paying 650 for 2 bed 2 bath in Houston. I bet that shyt is 14-1500 now :wow:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
this

Live at home and stack. Just don’t disrespect their house and treat it like your own if you ain’t contributing to the household.

If they’re providing you with food and no rent , the least you can do is to cook, clean and mind your dam business. Don’t be inviting your boys or hoes over to kick it either.
Yea, this ain't a bad idea. My og said I could move in with her rent free, but I definitely gotta do all the in the house shyt lol. She financed for 160,000$ back in 2010. If she was to sell right now, she could sell it for 300,000 EASILY. But she decided to keep it. Id definitely consider staying with moms for a few months if needed.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yea, this ain't a bad idea. My og said I could move in with her rent free, but I definitely gotta do all the in the house shyt lol. She financed for 160,000$ back in 2010. If she was to sell right now, she could sell it for 300,000 EASILY. But she decided to keep it. Id definitely consider staying with moms for a few months if needed.

I’ve done it before. People need to take advantage of that if you still have parents and they’re cool with it. Ain’t no shame in it at all. fukk what other people think and if you got yourself a $30-$50k whip and no crib, you’re hustling backwards. Downgrade that shyt ASAP.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Why is Toronto skyrocketing while Montreal stays affordable like this?

Canada has one of the most generous immigration policies in the world with over 300,000 immigrants arriving every year. This creates demand for housing but Montreal is a French-speaking city. The majority of immigrants don’t speak French and choose to settle in Toronto.

As well in Toronto the rental vacancy rates are staggeringly low, largely due to policies that favour single family residences (such as zoning laws that prevent the construction of multi-unit residential buildings).

Montreal, by contrast, as well as Quebec as a whole, has both culture and policy centered around large amounts of rental housing and other multi-unit rental buildings.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
And i was also thinking, don’t yall think there will be a social consequence as well?

basically a whole generation of men and women who are 30 with no experience living independent, maybe limited dating experience cause they had no privacy living with moms, etc.

all the little quirks and “coming into manhood” men historically go through age 21-25, is now being pushed way back. There is definitely a mental difference of being on your own vs living in your childhood bedroom with mom and dad. Idc how financially smart it is,

Its wack!

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Canada has one of the most generous immigration policies in the world with over 300,000 immigrants arriving every year. This creates demand for housing but Montreal is a French-speaking city.
Canada about 400k immigrants per year & U.S over 1M.
Canada has 10% the population of U.S