How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
There was time in this country when you could graduate HS, get a job in a factory and make enough to buy a fukking house.
you gotta go back like 40 years to see that...my parents bought a 3 bedroom/2bath 1800 sqft house in Philly in 1974 for 19k...my mom worked as a case worker for welfare and my dad drove a bus and trolly...both were HS grads (Gratz HS)...today :shaq2:...the house is worth about 200k

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But these greedy people will suppress this info. Ronald fukking Reagan fukked over this,country something serious.

But the people who paid for those houses on factory jobs lived check to check the whole 30 years. What this new generation want is stress free living with no struggle. And thats 1000000% fine with me. But to paint a narrative that older generations live luxurious lives working in factories is totally incorrect. Those boomers y'all live to talk shyt about died with 2nd mortgages on their homes and in debt.

Stop the fcking lies. :sadcam:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.
… wow :dead:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
And i was also thinking, don’t yall think there will be a social consequence as well?

basically a whole generation of men and women who are 30 with no experience living independent, maybe limited dating experience cause they had no privacy living with moms, etc.

all the little quirks and “coming into manhood” men historically go through age 21-25, is now being pushed way back. There is definitely a mental difference of being on your own vs living in your childhood bedroom with mom and dad. Idc how financially smart it is,

Its wack!

Ultimately that will slow down the birth rate/marriages/relationships as people will finally be "free to date" but a hard 35+ but no practical independent living...

You aren't independent as a person if you live with your parents....

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
But the people who paid for those houses on factory jobs lived check to check the whole 30 years. What this new generation want is stress free living with no struggle. And thats 1000000% fine with me. But to paint a narrative that older generations live luxurious lives working in factories is totally incorrect. Those boomers y'all live to talk shyt about died with 2nd mortgages on their homes and in debt.

Stop the fcking lies. :sadcam:

:childplease:

Their houses paid off and passed it down to their kids and grandkids.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
basically like 70% of my social group is still with parents, but I mean you don’t see how jacked up that is? I remember growing up, a 27 yr old still at home was almost UNHEARD of and instantly meant something was really wrong with his ambition or something.

now it’s almost the norm and is sad, people having to spend their entire youthful 20’s living like teenagers still. Whether its the smart thing or not. The previous generations got to fully enjoy their era’s of life

Not true. Women want privacy. They're not trying to share the spot with your folks. The social implications are very real for men. We have no choice but to find ways to get our money up.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Ultimately that will slow down the birth rate/marriages/relationships as people will finally be "free to date" but a hard 35+ but no practical independent living...

You aren't independent as a person if you live with your parents....

You got to lower housing prices, if you want more independent people again. Not enough bootstraps in existence for this.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
You do know when the landlords die the property will be purchased by investors and the rent will just go up?

Kill them too :demonic:

Create an atmosphere of fear for them, so that they will never think of price gouging again.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Jobs negro.

Remote work or hybrid work won’t alleviate all these situations.
What are you talking about?? There are no jobs in Indianapolis? Detroit? Cleveland? Columbus? Cinncianati. Face it yall make the same threads complaining about the same areas. OP is talking about NYC. If you aren't living in the desirable areas then its a "Sundown Town" according to one poster. The places you all keep bringing up are the places everyone brings up. I live in the suburbs of Detroit and there are plenty of places that are still affordable that aren't in the "hood" or a "Sundown town" and places looking for workers. Brehs complaining about high rent in NYC is like a broken record, that issue didn't start with the pandemic. In fact, rent prices actually went down comparing 2020 to 2021 in NYC. Do wages need to increase? Of course but everyone is asking Atlanta and San Diego to provide more affordable housing but don't want to move to Columbus or Indianapolis because its cold or could be a "boring city". The market doesn't give a shyt, get your paper up to live in Atlanta the way you would like, get roommates or find somewhere more affordable.

Rental-Industry-2021_V3_Onsite-Image-copy-2-1024x768.png

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Not true. Women want privacy. They're not trying to share the spot with your folks. The social implications are very real for men. We have no choice but to find ways to get our money up.

Yeah...I invited shorty over after a date, told her that my roommate was out of town...(I was 22 at the time tryna stack)

She was like..."Oh, you gotta roommate?" I said "Yeah...ain't no big thang"

She hit me with..."You work in tech? I thought you had your own place. I had fun tonight but I have to head home"....

Once I got my own loft, I had no problems dating or smashing jawns...

In college it's whatever but most women ain't trying to get smashed with Mom/Dad in the next room over or being afraid to walk around naked after getting it in....

Women want comfort before, during, and after sex...that isn't happening in a roommate situation...