How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Are you white? You sound like it.

Black people have been priced out of nice areas since the great migration. If you're white/mixed, I understand your frustrations. If you're black, you probably come from privileged blacks. The average black boomer didn't have it like that.

Even my own son think I was rolling in dough when I was raising him. He didn't even realize I had struggles and worked two jobs to take care of him. All he see is what I have NOW, and totally ignore the road i had to take to get to where im at.
Are you white? Because you sound like it with the bootstrapping. Once again, "nice areas" does equal interstate relocation in order to have access to a doctor's office or escape food deserts. The average black Boomer not being Ebenezer Scrooge doesn't erase that they had upward mobility while their grandchildren do not.

My parents are from the projects in Bed-Stuy and the heart of post-riots Newark. I jumped into an industry at 28 where the 85 hours I work a week is normal because I refused to run from the state my parents separately survived in before raising my income. I was also working 2 part-time jobs for a year before that, attempting to go full-time in both still wouldn't have been a livable wage for a late 20s adult. Try again.

I shouldn't HAVE to do that, not should you HAVE to in order to raise a child.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Do you think this is an issue of laziness?

Apparently, you don't seem to understand that soon even 2 jobs won't be enough which is already ridiculous, to begin with.

I said what I (me) had to do to take care of what I needed to do. Also, these same young people I talk to NEVER want to let me see how they spend their money. It seems like the money thats being made isn't enough to cover a lifestyle that they desire.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
At what point can people just make enough to be comfortable without surviving? You sound like an animal constantly in fear.

What fear am I in with multiple properties and enough disposable income to auto-transfer at least 1K a week into savings and investments?
The people who sound like they're in constant fear are those who are worrying about rent in a city they apparently can't afford to live in.
I'm just giving REAL solutions to real problems. I have no idea what yall doing besides complaining and hoping for a miracle

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you not understand context? If you had the opportunity to buy your first home 10 years ago for 200k avg price vs buying your first home today for 400k avg price, who had it easier?

House prices fluctuate. I remember when houses was expensive back in 2004 and tanked in 2007. This same thing also happened in the 80s.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The great migration in america never happened (c) The Coli

Affordability is relative. You're talking about NYC was affordable in an era where there was abject poverty with people living in conditions that looked like a bomb had been dropped in some areas of NYC :dead:

If cheap areas in shythole sections of the city is what you want it's plenty of that in America. You're rallying against the development of our cities instead of getting involved, spurring it yourself, and benefitting from it :francis:

No, if at any point the development of cities have to go to the hands of a few to benefit from, then this crisis will never be over. That vulture mentality of "me vs them" over an essential NEED like HOUSING will collapse this society.

Gentrification is a monumental mistake.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Then you'll just be incarcerated providing free labor to a racist system
Smarten up

With much less people like you in existence :umad:

Put fear into the hearts of the scamming vultures, and change will occur.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
What fear am I in with multiple properties and enough disposable income to auto-transfer at least 1K a week into savings and investments?
The people who sound like they're in constant fear are those who are worrying about rent in a city they apparently can't afford to live in.
I'm just giving REAL solutions to real problems. I have no idea what yall doing besides complaining and hoping for a miracle

Individual solutions are not a proper answer to the problems of most.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No hate directed, I'm sure you're not. The chores just seem a bit juvenile.
Doesn't it bother you that you can't have friends/women over?
Nah I could care less. I’m not going after girls so I don’t have to worry about that scenario lol. Just stack

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
No, if at any point the development of cities have to go to the hands of a few to benefit from, then this crisis will never be over. That vulture mentality of "me vs them" over an essential NEED like HOUSING will collapse this society.

Gentrification is a monumental mistake.

Except there is plenty of affordable housing in America :unimpressed:
Couple weeks ago I provided a link to 100s of houses in Baltimore that were less than $100K. That's a majority black, democratic run "major city" in driving distance to many other major population hubs.
Yall don't want to live there though. You think being in NYC or what ever city yall bytching about is your birthright yet apparently you don't own shyt and none of your people positioned yallselves to be comfortable there. Lodging has never worked like that in human history, even before capitalism
Your right to live where you want is either determined by your purse or your sword. Always been like that

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Except there is plenty of affordable housing in America :unimpressed:
Couple weeks ago I provided a link to 100s of houses in Baltimore that were less than $100K. That's a majority black, democratic run "major city" in driving distance to many other major population hubs.
Yall don't want to live there though. You think being in NYC or what ever city yall bytching about is your birthright yet apparently you don't own shyt and none of your people positioned yallselves to be comfortable there. Lodging has never worked like that in human history, even before capitalism
Your right to live where you want is either determined by your purse or your sword. Always been like that

I'll take the sword and HACK/BUTCHER anyone that exploits the poor. :birdman:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you white? Because you sound like it with the bootstrapping. Once again, "nice areas" does equal interstate relocation in order to have access to a doctor's office or escape food deserts. The average black Boomer not being Ebenezer Scrooge doesn't erase that they had upward mobility while their grandchildren do not.

My parents are from the projects in Bed-Stuy and the heart of post-riots Newark. I jumped into an industry at 28 where the 85 hours I work a week is normal because I refused to run from the state my parents separately survived in before raising my income. I was also working 2 part-time jobs for a year before that, attempting to go full-time in both still wouldn't have been a livable wage for a late 20s adult. Try again.

I shouldn't HAVE to do that, not should you HAVE to in order to raise a child.

New York always been expensive and very unique. In the midwest and other cities thats not on the coasts, boomers didn't have a cake walk.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
With much less people like you in existence :umad:

Put fear into the hearts of the scamming vultures, and change will occur.

Put fear into who hearts? :mjlol:
You living in a fantasy world fam. If shyt was that simple you'd already have what you want
No city in America will ever stop development if it's an option they have. Why would they stop increasing property tax values, income tax values, and push back educated workforces?
So they can be stuck with a population of stagnant ass people who ain't worried about progression or improving their lot in life? As long as the rent stays at 1995 levels :dead:

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
Shout out to everyone still living with parents :salute:

I'm still living with my mom and paid off the house mortgage back in 2017. Only thing we worry about is utility bills and annual property tax.

Plus, mom doesn't mind when I bring some p*ssy back home to swim in.:mjlit:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Put fear into who hearts? :mjlol:
You living in a fantasy world fam. If shyt was that simple you'd already have what you want
No city in America will ever stop development if it's an option they have. Why would they stop increasing property tax values, income tax values, and push back educated workforces?
So they can be stuck with a population of stagnant ass people who ain't worried about progression or improving their lot in life? As long as the rent stays at 1995 levels :dead:

Other first-world countries, that is the case of rent not rising above inflation.

But you profit from greed and dysfunction of the current paradigm.