How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Things are undeniably getting worse and a lot of you believe people are just gonna sit back and keep taking this shyt.
:mjlol:

and I thought I had a low opinion of humanity.

Get that we all went through it shyt the fukk outta here:gucci: no you didn't........ not like this.

TLR defending unjust practiced as "its life, man up" while these scammers are making out with historically high profits.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
there are large investment companies buying up all the housing inventory paying all cash with no inspections, which is something the average potential homebuyer has no chance of competing with..

These investment companiees are trying to get their "inventory" of available homes up for sale/rent. The margins are so much better than the stock market. Easy lick.

my neighborhood converted to a POA from an HOA last year to combat this. Limit the investor owned property in our subdivision.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Have you ever lived in a red state? Where jobs pay abysmally low, even for STEM? Where "right to work" means that you can get fired for no particular reason? Where infrastructure is still stuck in the early 1900s? Where black people are so rare, they treated like an endangered animal? :what:

(Black) pwople move to major cities for jobs and to get away from Jim Crow policies from West bumblefukk, USA. Of course, you a Gen X SOHH poster out of touch.
I live in Atlanta. I think GA qualifies as a red state even tho it comes with an asterisk as the ATL area is more blue than the rest of GA ever will be

This is BS tho
I was driving with my aunt and uncle through their old neighborhood
You got big house that are ran down, not livable, and not in great neighborhoods
Going for 150k

This is on the west side of detroit

Market is fukked up

Rent is high everywhere not just NY. And buying a home is pretty much out the question for most Americans.
But with the availability of work-from-home jobs it's possible to not live in the middle of the city where the homes are more affordable, no?

Either way my post was more about giving you advice on how to face the problem rather than criticize.

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Im not grasping for anything. Once again your fantasy of boomers, especially black boomers, living this stress free lifestyle with a big bankroll is false. I don't know about the white experience, their boomers may have it together.. But to talk about "redlining" and "generational wealth gaps" that black boomers had to go through, then turn around and say they had it easy doesn't add up and borderline disingenuous.
You're grasping hard. Redlining is an issue of amenities, not being priced out of a neighborhood or city. The vast majority of black boomers tooks leaps over their predecessors in wealth/ownership due to homeowning, as well new career opportunities with affirmative action, something that isn't feasible moving forward.

A 25-year-old man able to buy his own house without making his woman/wife work to afford it is a much easier path to upward mobility than his grandson at the same age taking home 3-4K a month and still being forced to stay home/not enjoy his young adulthood till 35+ or go split rent with 2 other adults.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I live in Atlanta. I think GA qualifies as a red state even tho it comes with an asterisk

You a SOHH Oldhead, that wasnt a 20 year old something in the age of gentrification

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You're grasping hard. Redlining is an issue of amenities, not being priced out of a neighborhood or city. The vast majority of black boomers tooks leaps over their predecessors in wealth/ownership due to homeowning, something that isn't feasible moving forward.

A 25-year-old man able to buy his own house without making his woman/wife work to afford it is a much easier path to upward mobility than his grandson at the same age taking home 3-4K a month and still being forced to stay home/not enjoy his young adulthood till 35+ or go split rent with 2 other adults.
Money plus home is also how you get people to care about their community

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:camby:The vast majority of you oldheads are full of shyt.......that is all.

Can you explain? Im seriously asking because my younger cousins and nephews talk this same shyt but get shut down 100% of the time. When I explained to them I had to work two jobs sometimes to make ends meet, until i was able to get stable when I was their ages. But they don't want to do that shyt though. And im not even 45 yet. :mjlol:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're grasping hard. Redlining is an issue of amenities, not being priced out of a neighborhood or city. The vast majority of black boomers tooks leaps over their predecessors in wealth/ownership due to homeowning, as well new career opportunities with affirmative action, something that isn't feasible moving forward.

Are you white? You sound like it.

Black people have been priced out of nice areas since the great migration. If you're white/mixed, I understand your frustrations. If you're black, you probably come from privileged blacks. The average black boomer didn't have it like that.

Even my own son think I was rolling in dough when I was raising him. He didn't even realize I had struggles and worked two jobs to take care of him. All he see is what I have NOW, and totally ignore the road i had to take to get to where im at.

Mugenight

CUINH311
Daps
Can you explain? Im seriously asking because my younger cousins and nephews talk this same shyt but get shut down 100% of the time. When I explained to them I had to work two jobs sometimes to make ends meet, until i was able to get stable when I was their ages. But they don't want to do that shyt though. And im not even 45 yet. :mjlol:

Do you think this is an issue of laziness?

Apparently, you don't seem to understand that soon even 2 jobs won't be enough which is already ridiculous, to begin with.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
The average black boomer didn't have it like that.

Even my own son think I was rolling in dough when I was raising him. He didn't even realize I had struggles and worked two jobs to take care of him.
Do you not understand context? If you had the opportunity to buy your first home 10 years ago for 200k avg price vs buying your first home today for 400k avg price, who had it easier?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Wrong!!

Even back less then 30 years ago, almost everywhere was affordable outside of "exclusive" all-white suburbs. :mjpls:

Midtown Manhattan was a mess, having prostitutes and drug addicts on Time Square all all times of the day. Rent was cheap there. ATL was super cheap and their midtown when it was a country town. All the major cities, even LA were cheap to live.

The great migration in america never happened (c) The Coli

Affordability is relative. You're talking about NYC was affordable in an era where there was abject poverty with people living in conditions that looked like a bomb had been dropped in some areas of NYC :dead:

If cheap areas in shythole sections of the city is what you want it's plenty of that in America. You're rallying against the development of our cities instead of getting involved, spurring it yourself, and benefitting from it :francis: