How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If paying $2,000 in rent is a problem... perhaps you shouldnt live in places like New York:manny:
Never understood poor/broke people's obsessions with living in New York. Like there's light at the end of the tunnel where they'll eventually get some great 6 figure job job or hit the jackpot and be able to afford a 1 bdr without having to have3 roomates to afford it... meanwhile they are struggling to make end's meet.
Move where it's more affordable and build up wealth. If you CANNOT AFFORD TO BUY a home in the city where you live.... perhaps you're in the wrong place. :ufdup:
I mean is that the mindset we should adopt moving forward in order to get to that generational wealth we talk about? :jbhmm:

Have you ever lived in a red state? Where jobs pay abysmally low, even for STEM? Where "right to work" means that you can get fired for no particular reason? Where infrastructure is still stuck in the early 1900s? Where black people are so rare, they treated like an endangered animal? :what:

(Black) pwople move to major cities for jobs and to get away from Jim Crow policies from West bumblefukk, USA. Of course, you a Gen X SOHH poster out of touch.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If they don’t fix this, I foresee people in cities moving to country states where things are more affordable. Especially with all the remote jobs available now doesn’t require you to live within a city for work.

Wait until they drop the salaries/ Don't raise wages because everyone's working remote in Low cost of living cities

:wow:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Redlining is a localized issue and doesn't require people moving to other states to afford an apartment. You're grasping at straws.

Oldhead outta touch. He should live in Alabama as the only black person in that particular town, and see how he can pull himself from the bootstraps

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Their endgoal is to have the average middle-class American working 50+ hours a week. They sold hustle culture to Millennials after we struggled to get/keep a job from 2007-2012 and thats the new bar to squeeze productivity out of people. Even the disabled and Generation X are going to need at least a Part-Time job and a roommate at this rate.

I have sympathy for Gen-Z because most won't even have a shot at owning a home unless they move to a rural city that will take a decade to develop. I noticed alot of apartment websites won't even list rent prices anymore because of the rate that are increasing.

Of course you can still go to University and become a Engineer/Accountant/Lawyer/Doctor/etc and make 6-Figures, but the truth is 90% of Americans were not prepped to be on that kind of career path and are not cut out for those professions. And this is probably the worst time in history to take on debt like student loans for majors other than specialized fields like that. This is why you see them resorting to desperate behavior like reselling courses they plagiarized from someone else, clickbaiting on Youtube/Tiktok, scamming and coming up with sob stories for Gofundme donations - I know millennials do these things too, I'm just seeing it at a higher rate with younger people. More men committing crimes and more women on Patreon/Onlyfans; if we want to be truthful thats still in its infancy.

Politicians on both sides are going to largely do nothing and hope people just adjust to a lower standard of living because Americans are not too big to fail only Corporations. Have you looked at the Federal Poverty Guidelines? It's a joke. Most people making below 20 an hour are between a rock and a hard place, especially if they have a car note and other debt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's why I stay in the burbs and in a state nobody cares about like that. Its close enough to drive out to have fun but, cheap enough to live and save. Either way, the rent situation in this country is out of control. Every apartment complex that's being built should not cost $2,000 a month to rent. Common sense would tell you that eventually you're going to run out of people earning enough money to fill them. I really think its a gatekeeping method to keep black people and Hispanics out. The same way Bachelor's degree are used for jobs that don't need college education. To keep out the undesirables. They rather have half the building rented to the "right kind of renter" :mjpls: then to have 90% occupancy at lower rent prices because it will attract the niggruhs. Watch they write books about this 20 years from now on how this was the new redlining method going on right under our nose.

shyt even white people can't afford the 2 racks a month ...don't get it twisted.

but you preachin'.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Their endgoal is to have the average middle-class American working 50+ hours a week. They sold hustle culture to Millennials after we struggled to get/keep a job from 2007-2012 and thats the new bar to squeeze productivity out of people. Even the disabled and Generation X are going to need at least a Part-Time job and a roommate at this rate.

I have sympathy for Gen-Z because most won't even have a shot at owning a home unless they move to a rural city that will take a decade to develop. I noticed alot of apartment websites won't even list rent prices anymore because of the rate that are increasing.

Of course you can still go to University and become a Engineer/Accountant/Lawyer/Doctor/etc and make 6-Figures, but the truth is 90% of Americans were not prepped to be on that kind of career path and are not cut out for those professions. And this is probably the worst time in history to take on debt like student loans for majors other than specialized fields like that. This is why you see them resorting to desperate behavior like reselling courses they plagiarized from someone else, clickbaiting on Youtube/Tiktok, scamming and coming up with sob stories for Gofundme donations - I know millennials do these things too, I'm just seeing it at a higher rate with younger people. More men committing crimes and more women on Patreon/Onlyfans; if we want to be truthful thats still in its infancy.

Politicians on both sides are going to largely do nothing and hope people just adjust to a lower standard of living because Americans are not too big to fail only Corporations. Have you looked at the Federal Poverty Guidelines? It's a joke. Most people making below 20 an hour are between a rock and a hard place, especially if they have a car note and debt.

Thsts why Gen Z straight up not participating in going to college anymore, and quitting jobs left and right.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Situation is terrible at ALL economic levels. Until we get these investors out of the market prices aren't going to normalize. fukk the rate of increase leveling off, I'm talking prices DROPPING.

I'm literally on the edge of moving to a new state where land and houses are cheaper.

there are large investment companies buying up all the housing inventory paying all cash with no inspections, which is something the average potential homebuyer has no chance of competing with..

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Redlining is a localized issue and doesn't require people moving to other states to afford an apartment. You're grasping at straws.

Im not grasping for anything. Once again your fantasy of boomers, especially black boomers, living this stress free lifestyle with a big bankroll is false. I don't know about the white experience, their boomers may have it together.. But to talk about "redlining" and "generational wealth gaps" that black boomers had to go through, then turn around and say they had it easy doesn't add up and borderline disingenuous.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Things are undeniably getting worse and a lot of you believe people are just gonna sit back and keep taking this shyt.
:mjlol:

and I thought I had a low opinion of humanity.

Get that we all went through it shyt the fukk outta here:gucci: no you didn't........ not like this.

But you probably wasn't living during that time and they was, and still are.