How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
They believe single family homes are evil and that essentially we should build even more dense and even higher rather than spread out.
Let's create bigger more widespread Houstons everywhere where you can't get to anything without driving at least 10 miles in a car. fukk public transit. fukk walkable cities:blessed:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think that is true if you’re trying to develop a more efficient metropolis but I don’t see how that can apply to any non-urban area. We actively see that most millennial wants to buy a home.
You're absolutely right...however the companies like TriCon and Blackstone are pushing the idea that Millenials and Gen Z don't WANT to own homes or property and are content living rent check to rent check as long as their needs (nightlife, work from home, good schools, low crime) are met.

Versus

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Believe that until it it’s true. This dude literally had a president’s ear and he’s complaining

He should go to Mexico and get what he needs. You can go to the pharmacy over there and cop stuff without a prescription. Fuk big pharma

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And you shouldn't, being average in a system/time designed to benefit you isn't worthy of puffing your chest out. My money is fine and will keep increasing. Unlike you I don't ignore the status quo just because I'm good.

Once again, why the back and forth? Go bend over and cough so the doc can make sure that hate hasn't built up in your prostate, Old Senile nikka.

There is no back and forth. The conversation was done when I informed you that boomers didnt have it as easy as y'all are trying to imply. And im not ignoring the status quo, I just know when people are living above their means.

Call me old and senile all you want. I can guarantee you you'll be old and senile one day and your generation will not be prepared for it. :francis:

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
If they don’t fix this, I foresee people in cities moving to country states where things are more affordable. Especially with all the remote jobs available now doesn’t require you to live within a city for work.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
There is no back and forth. The conversation was done when I informed you that boomers didnt have it as easy as y'all are trying to imply. And im not ignoring the status quo, I just know when people are living above their means.

Call me old and senile all you want. I can guarantee you you'll be old and senile one day and your generation will not be prepared for it. :francis:
You pointed out boomers "living off home equity" till their deaths, when owning a home to have equity in isn't feasible for many Millennials and damn near all Zoomers at a comparable age to when these Boomers accomplished the same thing. And you responded to me with this when my issue was telling young people go move hundreds of miles away to Bumblefukk, American Pie, USA to get an affordable apartment when the vast majority of nikkas weren't forced to do so.

You have nothing to offer those coming after you other than finger wagging.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You're absolutely right...however the companies like TriCon and Blackstone are pushing the idea that Millenials and Gen Z don't WANT to own homes or property and are content living rent check to rent check as long as their needs (nightlife, work from home, good schools, low crime) are met.

Versus

This is sickening

There is no back and forth. The conversation was done when I informed you that boomers didnt have it as easy as y'all are trying to imply.
Grow up in an era where the average home could be had for 150k instead of 400k and say it wasn't as easy as now brehs

Grow up in an era where a degree didn't cost you 100k and say it wasn't as easy as now brehs

Grow up in an era where you could get 7% interest in a savings account compared to 0.5% today and say it wasn't as easy as now brehs

:comeon:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
If paying $2,000 in rent is a problem... perhaps you shouldnt live in places like New York:manny:
Never understood poor/broke people's obsessions with living in New York. Like there's light at the end of the tunnel where they'll eventually lower rent or get some great 6 figure job job or hit the jackpot and be able to afford a 1 bdr without having to have 3 roommates to afford it... meanwhile they are struggling to make end's meet.
Move where it's more affordable and build up wealth. If you CANNOT AFFORD TO BUY a home in the city where you live by ages 30ish-35ish.... perhaps you're in the wrong place. :ufdup:
I mean is that the mindset we should adopt moving forward in order to get to that generational wealth we talk about? :jbhmm:

Edited

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
If paying $2,000 in rent is a problem... perhaps you shouldnt live in places like New York:manny:
Never understood poor/broke people's obsessions with living in New York. Like there's light at the end of the tunnel where they'll eventually get some great 6 figure job job or hit the jackpot and be able to afford a 1 bdr without having to have3 roomates to afford it... meanwhile they are struggling to make end's meet.
Move where it's more affordable and build up wealth. If you cant afford to BUY a home in the city where you live.... perhaps you're in the wrong place. :ufdup:
This is BS tho
I was driving with my aunt and uncle through their old neighborhood
You got big house that are ran down, not livable, and not in great neighborhoods
Going for 150k

This is on the west side of detroit

Market is fukked up

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You pointed out boomers "living off home equity" till their deaths, when owning a home to have equity in isn't feasible for many Millennials and damn near all Zoomers at a comparable age to when these Boomers accomplished the same thing. And you responded to me with this when my issue was telling young people go move hundreds of miles away to Bumblefukk, American Pie, USA to get an affordable apartment when the vast majority of nikkas weren't forced to do so.

You have nothing to offer those coming after you other than finger wagging.

You are flat out lying here. Redlining wouldn't exist if the bold is true.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Versus

Oh, I know it’s all bullshyt.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never understood poor/broke people's obsessions with living in New York. Like there's light at the end of the tunnel where they'll eventually get some great 6 figure job job or hit the jackpot and be able to afford a 1 bdr without having to have3 roomates to afford it... meanwhile they are struggling to make end's meet.
Move where it's more affordable and build up wealth. If you CANNOT AFFORD TO BUY a home in the city where you live.... perhaps you're in the wrong place. :ufdup:
I mean is that the mindset we should adopt moving forward in order to get to that generational wealth we talk about? :jbhmm:

Rent is high everywhere not just NY. And buying a home is pretty much out the question for most Americans.