How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not the ignorant one in this conversation. You're arguing something I didn't even raise as a point of contention and it's actually supporting what my point.

All because you can't control your need to try and son a generation you see as lesser than you.

Because you guys never make a point.. Trust, I got millennial and Gen Z in my family. They talk the same dumb shyt.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t know man. I’ve been waiting.
There are firms buying homes and those homes are sitting empty meanwhile the price of rent is going up in cities everywhere

Also, there are conflicting ideologies in America

THE AVERAGE AMERICAN DOES NOT WANT TO LIVE ON TOP OF EACH OTHER

This idea that density is better is strictly fauxgressive super lefty thinking that sounds good on paper but is not practical because no matter what, not everyone wants to rent forever and live on top of their neighbors in highly dense and packed cities.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
why yall keep acting like this some new suggestion or foreign concept
that's literally how most of us got to the cities we grew up in. either our parents/grandparents/greatgrandparents moved to the city looking for new jobs or leaving somewhere they couldn't afford to be. that's exactly how I got to my city, grandparents came here for work with no support system or family here.

It's a normal migration pattern that populated cities like LA and Chicago and later places like Houston and Atlanta. Whatever the next city is who knows but real go getters are going continue to move to put themselves in the best position
The Great Migration was not about COL forcing people out of the South :comeon:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That's fair. But that's where career progression and job hopping comes into play.
2010s I changed jobs 5 times , more money every time
Sitting around hoping society makes your life comfortable is a losing proposition. People in these threads sounding like boomers with the outdated mentality. Either adapt or get left behind
And college has gotten more expensive since then.

That bootstrap mentality sounds nice in theory, Until you are making 100,000 still living paycheck to paycheck in 2022.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
That's fair. But that's where career progression and job hopping comes into play.
2010s I changed jobs 5 times , more money every time
Sitting around hoping society makes your life comfortable is a losing proposition. People in these threads sounding like boomers with the outdated mentality. Either adapt or get left behind

Each time I left a job my salary increased as well. Gone are the days of working for a firm for 20 years and hit six figures. A job hop should be a 30%-40% increase...

But I didn't settle for one salary, I run a business on the side and heaven forbid I get fired or furloughed my business will keep my afloat and comfortable and expenses aren't a problem...

Gen-Z along with every American needs to have another level of revenue stream to survive. Congress or Amazon sure as shyt ain't gonna help us

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
There are firms buying homes and those homes are sitting empty meanwhile the price of rent is going up in cities everywhere

Also, there are conflicting ideologies in America

THE AVERAGE AMERICAN DOES NOT WANT TO LIVE ON TOP OF EACH OTHER

This idea that density is better is strictly fauxgressive super lefty thinking that sounds good on paper but is not practical because no matter what, not everyone wants to rent forever and live on top of their neighbors in highly dense and packed cities.
I don’t think people on the left want to live on top of each other either.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Each time I left a job my salary increased as well. Gone are the days of working for a firm for 20 years and hit six figures. A job hop should be a 30%-40% increase...

But I didn't settle for one salary, I run a business on the side and heaven forbid I get fired or furloughed my business will keep my afloat and comfortable and expenses aren't a problem...

Gen-Z along with every American needs to have another level of revenue stream to survive. Congress or Amazon sure as shyt ain't gonna help us
Listen to what you’re saying. You’re talking about how to survive the problem, not the problem itself.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Until you are making 100,000 still living paycheck to paycheck in 2022.

and the alternative is what?
Making $50K living paycheck to paycheck?
Being proactive about your survival is "bootstrap mentality" now? Tell that to the people thriving right now cause they put themselves in position, tell it to the immigrants coming here taking over.

I don't even know what yall suggestion is. Keep doing the same thing and complaining about it hoping society takes care of you? Voting hoping for some crumb provisions?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t think people on the left want to live on top of each other either.
Unfortunately bro, this is not the case

The "urbanist" and "urban planning" wing of the left wants to remove cars, push for denser cities where you live work and play in the same area, all under the idea that it will reduce carbon footprint, reduce "sprawl", and be better for the climate.

They believe single family homes are evil and that essentially we should build even more dense and even higher rather than spread out.

This is what they're teaching in all Urban Planning curriculums across the country, which is why NYC is the way it is now (and getting worse), and which is why Seattle is the way it is now, and why Austin and Atlanta are soon to follow

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
In NYC yes... In FL, SC, NC, TN, Certain TX areas, and other States no...Your second job can be your partner cause you have time to go out and find one

1 job was originally meant for ONE person. I don't think the economy is sustainable with everyone working jobs at a 2 to 1 ratio ... neither do I think it's healthy for humans to work that much

I have three revenue streams, tech, crypto, and music licenses, most of it is remote and being on the laptop...

I'm just stacking the same way I did when I was a broke teenager...even with 6 figs I still keep a poor boy mentality when it comes to spending...

But I wouldn't have a problem doing door dash, amazon delivery, and an office gig if it could allow me to save effectively in order for me to get my own spot.