How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
2 jobs...that is what you will need to live on your own or a career in stem...

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
As a 25 year old man still living at home, I don’t have any problems with my parents.
Only thing I have to do is to remember to take the trash out and be at church on Sunday

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
The part of your equation that is missing in the comparison is the jobs are still paying the same (until recently) as they were in 2008.

That's fair. But that's where career progression and job hopping comes into play.
2010s I changed jobs 5 times , more money every time
Sitting around hoping society makes your life comfortable is a losing proposition. People in these threads sounding like boomers with the outdated mentality. Either adapt or get left behind

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Columbus OH
Indy
Richmond VA (I would never live here but my cousin does. I abhor driving around the city but it is a fun place)
The Triangle in NC
Kansas City
San Antonio
Phoenix

I mean you not living smack in downtown in all these places but with some effort and planning you can make your dollar work well.

hell even in Atlanta I’m paying less than what I was paying in NC (bout 1300) for about the same size space and maybe 10-15 mins outside the city. 1 BR, office space, big living room, deck, nice amenities.
Ugh all that driving probably gonna tack on an extra 4-6k in car expenses for most people I almost wanna throw up.

Menna

All Star
Daps
basically like 70% of my social group is still with parents, but I mean you don’t see how jacked up that is? I remember growing up, a 27 yr old still at home was almost UNHEARD of and instantly meant something was really wrong with his ambition or something.

now it’s almost the norm and is sad, people having to spend their entire youthful 20’s living like teenagers still. Whether its the smart thing or not. The previous generations got to fully enjoy their era’s of life
The best thing you can do is get out of NYC/NJ and dont go north either everything NYC/NJ and north is expensie and cold for 7 months its Almost mid April and 30-40 degrees lol wtf

...Charleston SC, Charlotte, NC Raleigh, NC, Dallas, TX, Tennessee. The excuse well there are no high paying jobs theres is over since 2015. 85% is over the computer and you can travel for the other 15% for work...Thats how it is no one HAS to be in NYC or close to NYC to make 6 figures, the days of taking the train and shinning your shoes to go to your office with everyone is not real anymore.

I had this talk with a friend few months ago how anyone 50+ was real lucky...I mean the late 70's all the 80's all the 90's there was alot of time there alot of years in a row without any major problems where you were pretty much left alone to stack your bread (I mean from a macro standpoint (War/Economy/Disease)... Once 2000 hit you had dot come bubble burst, 2001 9/11, 2002/2003 war weapons of mast destruction 2007-2012 houses crisis and come out of it, 2015/2016 Trump running and winning, 2020 Pandemic, 2022 war... I mean come on nikkas cant get 35 months to be left alone and make bread with opportunity to have left over to invest it....Vietnam war ended in 75, 80's 90's were come up decades...and now its been shyt since 1999 as I outlined ...

Get out of NYC brah theres nothing here and if there is you cant afford it or have time for it so why you here...cause you need to be in or close to NYC to make money??? NOPE...Don't want to move away from family...bullshyt ... itsyour life you recognize the shyt go to a place where a 2,000 SQ home is 500K and you making 75k...Now you have time to date and find someone else making 75K+ now you two are set...What you are saying is true for certain States but not all States .... GET OUT

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No they did not. You're talking out of your ass.

You're extremely ignorant. When those people die who yall think had it all is when the reality comes in. A very large portion of boomers lived check to check and had to live off of equity in their homes until they died..

Menna

All Star
Daps
In NYC yes... In FL, SC, NC, TN, Certain TX areas, and other States no...Your second job can be your partner cause you have time to go out and find one

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
You're extremely ignorant. When those people die who yall think had it all is when the reality comes in. A very large portion of boomers lived check to check and had to live off of equity in their homes until they died..
I'm not the ignorant one in this conversation. You're arguing something I didn't even raise as a point of contention and it's actually supporting what my point.

All because you can't control your need to try and son a generation you see as lesser than you.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Ugh all that driving probably gonna tack on an extra 4-6k in car expenses for most people I almost wanna throw up.
When that was my life I lived in a cheaper place to make up for it.

Now I work from home and the travel I have is paid for by work. I finesse my vacations around a client trip and it’s all paid for. Might fill up the tank once a month. Barely ever have to get work done on the whip.

you can have it all but it is just going to take time and hard work these days.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
How will they handle it? By telling you to get two jobs or live in a tent

This current generation got a dismal and bleak future handed off to them where America is a 3rd world country experience to many while the rich prepare to go hide out in their underground bunkers and cities.

Look at those homeless encampments in California cities like Oakland. Literally looks 3rd world.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

1 job was originally meant for ONE person. I don't think the economy is sustainable with everyone working jobs at a 2 to 1 ratio ... neither do I think it's healthy for humans to work that much