How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
name them
Columbus OH
Indy
Richmond VA (I would never live here but my cousin does. I abhor driving around the city but it is a fun place)
The Triangle in NC
Kansas City
San Antonio
Phoenix

I mean you not living smack in downtown in all these places but with some effort and planning you can make your dollar work well.

hell even in Atlanta I’m paying less than what I was paying in NC (bout 1300) for about the same size space and maybe 10-15 mins outside the city. 1 BR, office space, big living room, deck, nice amenities.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
People are just pointing out that there are other options for affordable housing in the South and Midwest. If people want to live in a world class city, be prepared to pay world class prices :manny:
Okay they're pointing it out, did they have to do it? This is once again 40 year old Coli nikkas out of touch/looking down on people younger than them.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Columbus OH
Indy
Richmond VA (I would never live here but my cousin does. I abhor driving around the city but it is a fun place)
The Triangle in NC
Kansas City
San Antonio
Phoenix

I mean you not living smack in downtown in all these places but with some effort and planning you can make your dollar work well.

hell even in Atlanta I’m paying less than what I was paying in NC (bout 1300) for about the same size space and maybe 10-15 mins outside the city. 1 BR, office space, big living room, deck, nice amenities.
Phoenix is getting more expensive now

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Literally shaming kids for being born where they are. These kids already broke, and didn't choose to be born in whatever city they were born in. They can barely afford education or living space; but nikkas suggesting they move to completely new cities/states where they know NO ONE and have no support or familial infrastructure in place, to solve a problem created by rich corrupt cacs.

Next level ignorant shyt. I hate it too, because this need to speak down on someone is a part of what fuels the inability to enact change. Mfers so busy trying to appear superior that they blame the victims for not pulling their bootstraps hard enough in a rigged ecosystem. :stopitslime:

And the craziest thing about these move to _____ clowns is, we're seeing with our eyes what that move to ______ strategy does and they still regurgitating the same nonsense. Houston, Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, etc is what happens when people move to ______ because you idiots would rather tell someone to move to ______ then put these politicians feet under fire to rework these zoning and affordable housing laws. :mindblown:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Always been like this. In the 2000s people were comparing it to 90s prices, in the 2010s people were comparing it to 2000s prices
My first apartment was $525 but it was in a lower tier neighborhood in a bordering state and a hour+ away from my job and I had to sit in traffic and pay toll everyday
It's a trade off. You either want to be on the scene living downtown (or near it) and complain about the rent and what you get for it. Or you hustle and find something less desirable on the outskirts for less money. This problem is only in a handful of major cities, the ability to work from home should solve alot of this if people are serious about not being rent/house poor

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
but nikkas suggesting they move to completely new cities/states where they know NO ONE and have no support or familial infrastructure in place,

why yall keep acting like this some new suggestion or foreign concept
that's literally how most of us got to the cities we grew up in. either our parents/grandparents/greatgrandparents moved to the city looking for new jobs or leaving somewhere they couldn't afford to be. that's exactly how I got to my city, grandparents came here for work with no support system or family here.

It's a normal migration pattern that populated cities like LA and Chicago and later places like Houston and Atlanta. Whatever the next city is who knows but real go getters are going continue to move to put themselves in the best position

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Always been like this. In the 2000s people were comparing it to 90s prices, in the 2010s people were comparing it to 2000s prices
My first apartment was $525 but it was in a lower tier neighborhood in a bordering state and a hour+ away from my job and I had to sit in traffic and pay toll everyday
It's a trade off. You either want to be on the scene living downtown (or near it) and complain about the rent and what you get for it. Or you hustle and find something less desirable on the outskirts for less money. This problem is only in a handful of major cities, the ability to work from home should solve alot of this if people are serious about not being rent/house poor
The part of your equation that is missing in the comparison is the jobs are still paying the same (until recently) as they were in 2008.