How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I've lived in small cities and small towns in the south and the midwest.

I know what I'm talking about.

Yes there are "jobs" but theres a reason why certain locations have cheap rent and housing.

On the flip side there is a reason why the cost of living in former affordable cities such as Charlotte, ATL, Dallas, and Raleigh are going up.

It's not rocket science:unimpressed:
People in here acting disingenuous.

States like Indiana paying people to move there cause the people born there are leaving or dying off.

Fighting tooth and nail for stagnation

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty sure this is what this countries elites are aiming for. In other countries like India you see 2+ families living in a single space that would be an apartment for ONE person in the US. I think they intend to slowly creep the cost of living in the US until 'shacking up' for affordability includes 2 families living in a single apartment sharing space just to afford things.

If it happened tomorrow, the shock would cause revolts. But if we eventually get there slowly, little by little over the next 30 years; there won't be shyt happening because people would adjust along the way.

India is a very dirty and unsanitary ccountry. If these landlords want people to live like 3rd world peasants for infinite money, then they gonna have a rude awakening shortly

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Literally shaming kids for being born where they are. These kids already broke, and didn't choose to be born in whatever city they were born in. They can barely afford education or living space; but nikkas suggesting they move to completely new cities/states where they know NO ONE and have no support or familial infrastructure in place, to solve a problem created by rich corrupt cacs.

Next level ignorant shyt. I hate it too, because this need to speak down on someone is a part of what fuels the inability to enact change. Mfers so busy trying to appear superior that they blame the victims for not pulling their bootstraps hard enough in a rigged ecosystem. :stopitslime:

Those towns are basically a white version of Mexico in standard of living.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'm pretty sure this is what this countries elites are aiming for. In other countries like India you see 2+ families living in a single space that would be an apartment for ONE person in the US. I think they intend to slowly creep the cost of living in the US until 'shacking up' for affordability includes 2 families living in a single apartment sharing space just to afford things.

If it happened tomorrow, the shock would cause revolts. But if we eventually get there slowly, little by little over the next 30 years; there won't be shyt happening because people would adjust along the way.

Sadly, I think you're 100% correct breh

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
jersey rent, specifically newark is cheap as fukk. You cand find 1 bed rooms for even less than a grand.
Newark yeah, but Jersey City is expensive as shyt. And for what you’re getting in Newark it’s hardly worth it IMO.

i’d check the towns around. Bayonne, Nutley, Belleville, Kearny

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Newark yeah, but Jersey City is expensive as shyt. And for what you’re getting in Newark it’s hardly worth it IMO.

i’d check the towns around. Bayonne, Nutley, Belleville, Kearny

nobody from nyc wants to live that far away from nyc.

and you are wrong about jersey city. You can find 1 bed rooms for 1200/1300. Stop giving false information in this thread.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
They can stay at home w/ their parents, save money, make a significant dent into my student loans and build their career and connections like I did after college.

Then when I was ready to move out at like 26, it wasn't immediately to a big city, I stayed home and got a place on the cheap through one of my rich friends parents.

Freedom living on my own, but w/ the ability to save up.

Then I moved to a midsize city still in my home state, but paying regular rent prices. But by then I had my feet fully under me financially and career wise.

2 years of that then I moved to Atlanta recently.

Had 2 used cars throughout those 8 years that I kept excellent care of. Probably would've never even gotten the 2nd if I hadn't totaled the first one

You can live the dream but you have to accept it's gonna take time and not fall for some immediate gratification glitz and glamour.

None of it was easy and it wasn't always fun or what I wanted but it was what made sense for where my finances were at, at the time. And that is where people struggle at. They can't find the best situation for where they are currently at in life. You can still enjoy your 20s but it absolutely has to be within your means.

Save yourselves because America aint fixing shyt and it's only going to get tougher from here. That's my 2 cents at least :yeshrug:

I travel a lot for work and it's some nice ass affordable cities out here that people avoid just because they aren't name brand.

Last edited:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
nobody from nyc wants to live that far away from nyc.

and you are wrong about jersey city. You can find 1 bed rooms for 1200/1300. Stop giving false information in this thread.
Newark is far as fukk and boarders all the towns I mentioned. Two of the towns i mentioned are closer as a matter of fact you stupid shyt. Clearly you don’t know what the fukk it is you’re talking about. Read a map.

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Those $700-$900 apartments were in areas that weren't desirable, usually the boonies. You can still get shyt for 1k-1500 but new gen is bougie. U gotta be in the mix. U wana go to Miami Beach for spring break with a college student income. Priorities fukked up. Its harder now, but not impossible

Yeah bro gone have to move. Can’t be anywhere desirable and expect decent rent