How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
encourage the next generation to move to sundown towns with one walmart in a 50 mile radius just to be able to live brehs

Infrastructure in those areas are abysmal. Imagine living in an area where everything shuts down by 8pm outside of bars and fast food? :scust:

That's Balkans Mountain status

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.

Don’t forget the Chinese and Oriental nations. They are NOTORIOUS for this. Sending their children over here to study with Lambos etc. and buying up all of the properties. All while US citizens are struggling and graduating with six figure debt. Our elected officials have sold us out to foreign “investors”.
:francis:

Luckily we’re blessed enough to own a home that we actually love and enjoy. It’d be tough being a first time buyer in this market. Don’t get me started on the rent game.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You still an underpaid c00ning bum risking your life for a paycheck

I show a mirror to your 2nd class citizen loser life running from responsibilities, and you can't handle it

Stop letting the people in your life pat you on the head and say your failures in life were someone else's fault

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Yeah man they need to do something because basically people with regular jobs can't afford to live without help and basically promoting shacking up. If I were to buy my house today, I probably couldn't afford it comfortably because it's doubled in value since I bought it. Also people renting can't afford to save enough to buy a home these days.

I'm pretty sure this is what this countries elites are aiming for. In other countries like India you see 2+ families living in a single space that would be an apartment for ONE person in the US. I think they intend to slowly creep the cost of living in the US until 'shacking up' for affordability includes 2 families living in a single apartment sharing space just to afford things.

If it happened tomorrow, the shock would cause revolts. But if we eventually get there slowly, little by little over the next 30 years; there won't be shyt happening because people would adjust along the way.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You all stay with these extremes, I can tell when people haven't been anywhere. You all think every job is in the top 10 cities in America, there are plenty of jobs in the Midwest. There are jobs in cities in middle America and different parts of the south.
I've lived in small cities and small towns in the south and the midwest.

I know what I'm talking about.

Yes there are "jobs" but theres a reason why certain locations have cheap rent and housing.

On the flip side there is a reason why the cost of living in former affordable cities such as Charlotte, ATL, Dallas, and Raleigh are going up.

It's not rocket science:unimpressed:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
encourage the next generation to move to sundown towns with one walmart in a 50 mile radius just to be able to live brehs

Literally shaming kids for being born where they are. These kids already broke, and didn't choose to be born in whatever city they were born in. They can barely afford education or living space; but nikkas suggesting they move to completely new cities/states where they know NO ONE and have no support or familial infrastructure in place, to solve a problem created by rich corrupt cacs.

Next level ignorant shyt. I hate it too, because this need to speak down on someone is a part of what fuels the inability to enact change. Mfers so busy trying to appear superior that they blame the victims for not pulling their bootstraps hard enough in a rigged ecosystem. :stopitslime:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Grown ass 30+ adults shacking up together like college kids is just odd to me

I didn't say it was ideal but OP asked the question.

You either finna live at home with the folks, or you're finna get your bread up or your occupancy numbers up.
:mjcry:

Too bad all these toxic gender wars are making people apathetic about dating or else folks could find somebody with a job, marry em, and that could be their roommate.
:ohhh:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those "affordable" places are Sundown towns with low paying jobs
This. This is the most pressing thing about chasing lower cost living as a black person. You either in black poverty or white good ole boy places. fukk that, I dont like the cost, but I prefer these docile ass white people to that kinda fukkery.