How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I am advocating that people get out of highly desirable areas as a solution to help improve living standards (which is what the initial post is about). Obviously the real solution is finding ways to increase wages across the board but even then you are still going to have cost of living issues where more people want to be.
encourage the next generation to move to sundown towns with one walmart in a 50 mile radius just to be able to live brehs

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
:comeon::comeon::comeon:

breh be serious, this is a Black website full of brothas. Who is moving from being raised in NYC to the Great Plains midwest to be surrounded by KKK members and all white MAGA people???? Who would they even socialize or date in these areas????

you yourself know thats not even an option

I lived in Iowa for a year. Lived in Lansing MI for 6 months, Toledo OH for 6 months

Get out your comfort zone. When you get older you'll wish you had that foresight to see opportunities that people don't see, which gives you advantages in life

Your little homies you wanna make "bonds and memories with" won't be helping you create a better life in the future

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
I’m going through a divorce
Moving out in 2 months
The place I’m going is $1400 and super fly.
It’s not even finished being built yet.
It’s brand new, 1 bedroom, all major appliances included, wifi included, the roof has a terrace & a pool & a bar area, the building has a game room with foozball & billiards, a movie room with a projector screen, a gym but a serious gym with weights, bench press & a squat rack, also a kids room with some game park like structure and it’s own private outdoors area for walking & dinning.

I'm on the east and im going through a divorce as well. I want to stay here for my seed, he needs me and I need him. It's super hard to find a 1 BD affordable though. I've applied to so many affordable housing lotteries, but you know to get one is a miracle to be honest. I'm trying to save up to 15-20,000 before I move out again, cuz I never wanna be in this situation ever again in my life and I have a seed who will depend on me.

This living in america shyt is out of control. The world is fukked up right now. I hope shyt get better, but it looks like it aint no fixing this shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
And i was also thinking, don’t yall think there will be a social consequence as well?

basically a whole generation of men and women who are 30 with no experience living independent, maybe limited dating experience cause they had no privacy living with moms, etc.

all the little quirks and “coming into manhood” men historically go through age 21-25, is now being pushed way back. There is definitely a mental difference of being on your own vs living in your childhood bedroom with mom and dad. Idc how financially smart it is,

Its wack!

Yeah, I can't get with that stay living at home as long as you can. We all need to live our own lives and have privacy.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
:gucci::gucci:
Having a healthy, independent, 20s is not just YOLOing and partying. You can’t date like an adult living at home (majority of people meet their spouse in their 20s, newsflash), you can’t comfortably have adult guests any given day of the week to form better bonds and memories, you can’t comfortably be at peace in your own thoughts and ideas away from distraction etc.
there’s nothing wrong with my Generation (Gen Z) wanting to have independence, it’s not about some party like you’re talking about. It’s unhealthy for a 27 year old man to still be asking mommy and daddy if it’s ok for him to do something, or giving updates on his moves like a child etc

also, EVERY generation before ours got to experience this freely and cheaply, while we have to suck it up, just because ??? Nah
Does this give you a bald head?

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
You should consider moving to Newark or Jersey City for cheaper rent?
Maybe the bronx you can find a decent place for sub 1300 too.

Yeah man, once I save up to 20 racks, Which i will do soon by the end of this year. I'm definitely checking out newark. As long as aint no shots flying in my apartment, hitting me or my kid. I'm straight

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
In your early/mid 20s you don't have enough money to date like an adult LOL :russ:. That's my point. 18-25 you are at your lowest income earning years of your life, but at the same time the highest energetic and free time years at your life. You have all the time, energy, and no money, it's best to spend that developing your skills for the working world in the future. Go ask the people in their late 30s and older how their preference for "better bonds and memories" suited them for a better career advancement, retirement nest egg, or investments. If it means living with your parents for the time being while you increase your skills then so be it

And I already mentioned the option of moving to low cost cities in the Midwest or Great Plains of the US if you really really want that independence YOLO lifestyle at a lower cost with plenty of disposable income. But you conveniently skipped over that :manny:
The jig seems to be up. I’d be shocked if ppl got retirements at this point.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is they simply WILL NOT do that.
I do not see this coming to pass whatsoever, housing prices will spiral
out of control, rent will continue to rise and younger millenials as well as zoomers will
find themselves largely priced out while also dealing with being more skilled than generations
prior while being paid less.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:comeon::comeon::comeon:

breh be serious, this is a Black website full of brothas.

Who the heck is moving from being raised in NYC to the Great Plains midwest to be surrounded by KKK members and all white MAGA people???? Who would they even socialize or date in these areas????

you yourself know thats not even an option

In the age of MAGA, Sundown towns is a form of suicide. c00ns and PAWGers to those isolated areas for cheap rent and low paying jobs. Plus the extreme cold weather makes people have high suicide rates

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I lived in Iowa for a year. Lived in Lansing MI for 6 months, Toledo OH for 6 months

Get out your comfort zone. When you get older you'll wish you had that foresight to see opportunities that people don't see, which gives you advantages in life

Your little homies you wanna make "bonds and memories with" won't be helping you create a better life in the future

You still an underpaid c00ning bum risking your life for a paycheck