How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.

yup. Russians, Chinese and Arabs

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:gucci::gucci:
Breh, me and ALL my peers went and graduated college, stayed at home working 2-3 years fulltime saving, got certificates etc.
Having a healthy, independent, 20s is not just YOLOing and partying. You can’t date like an adult living at home, you can’t comfortably have adult guests any given day of the week to form better bonds and memories, you can’t comfortably be at peace in your own thoughts and ideas away from distraction etc.
there’s nothing wrong with my Generation (Gen Z) wanting to have independence, it’s not about some party like you’re talking about. It’s unhealthy for a 27 year old man to still be asking mommy and daddy if it’s ok for him to do something, or giving updates on his moves like a child etc

also, EVERY generation before mine got to experience this freely, while we have to suck it up, just because ??? Nah

You got to lower the cost of living by bloodshed

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
What's happening in New York is that it's the most attractive city in the world.

The top people from the planet want to live there.

And the "regular" people are getting priced out.

I'd say find a spot on the map where your socioeconomic abilities can afford you a decent lifestyle.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why I stay in the burbs and in a state nobody cares about like that. Its close enough to drive out to have fun but, cheap enough to live and save. Either way, the rent situation in this country is out of control. Every apartment complex that's being built should not cost $2,000 a month to rent. Common sense would tell you that eventually you're going to run out of people earning enough money to fill them. I really think its a gatekeeping method to keep black people and Hispanics out. The same way Bachelor's degree are used for jobs that don't need college education. To keep out the undesirables. They rather have half the building rented to the "right kind of renter" :mjpls: then to have 90% occupancy at lower rent prices because it will attract the niggruhs. Watch they write books about this 20 years from now on how this was the new redlining method going on right under our nose.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Breh, me and ALL my peers went and graduated college, stayed at home working 2-3 years fulltime saving, got certificates etc.
Having a healthy, independent, 20s is not just YOLOing and partying. You can’t date like an adult living at home, you can’t comfortably have adult guests any given day of the week to form better bonds and memories, you can’t comfortably be at peace in your own thoughts and ideas away from distraction etc.
there’s nothing wrong with my Generation (Gen Z) wanting to have independence, it’s not about some party like you’re talking about. It’s unhealthy for a 27 year old man to still be asking mommy and daddy if it’s ok for him to do something, or giving updates on his moves like a child etc

also, EVERY generation before mine got to experience this freely, while we have to suck it up, just because ??? Nah
Actually they didn’t. Only Baby boomers and older Gen X. The Greatest Gen got actual help with school and housing from the GI bill.

Boomers reaped the benefits and have been tightening the screws ever since.

The boom and bust cycle since 2000 have become so violent and frequent the economy never really recovers if you weren’t already standing

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You really don’t get it? The reason those areas have housing is because they don’t have the economic engines to force higher wages. There are well paying jobs everywhere. But if you only have one company with well paying jobs( which is what manufacturer did) then somebody is going to be left behind just because there are enough chairs.

Mississippi has low cost housing. It also has major poverty and low wages.

I’ve never lived anywhere near any of these major cities besides Charlotte, NC. It’s not about party schools or clubs. People want economic mobility and versatility. The days of working 60 years at Ford Motors are over. Yeah, you may start off at Target or Walmart, but people want to be able to move on. Secretary to something with better pay.
This makes no sense, I just said I was from the Detroit area meaning we have the big 3 with jobs that are not just on the line and people are still making good money. We have many accounting firms, hospitals, schools, utilities etc. Cleveland has numerous positions in the medical field, one of the top places in the country. Again people move to these desirable places under the guise of finding a "better job" but really looking for a "better" social scene. I get the idea of wanting to move to a social scene you like or better weather but so does everyone else and that shyt will eventually cost. You all come to these popular cities with no discernible skills and find out that shyt won't fly, this was/is very common with Atlanta for example, LA was/is like this too. People assume that things are just going to be naturally better in these places. You all are competing with folk with solid ass credentials and connections when you move to these desirable areas. As I mentioned earlier, the idea of wages not keeping up with inflation is a different discussion from what I initially mentioned, I am advocating that people get out of highly desirable areas as a solution to help improve living standards (which is what the initial post is about). Obviously the real solution is finding ways to increase wages across the board but even then you are still going to have cost of living issues where more people want to be.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Did any of y'all telling young people to move to undesirable cities do this yourself before becoming Antoine Starks?

theses dudes in their 30s-40s lived up the 90s and 2000s in Atlanta, NYC, LA, Houston etc and telling us young dudes to move to Smallville, Ohio and quit complaining or “tryna have fun”

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did any of y'all telling young people to move to undesirable cities do this yourself before becoming Antoine Starks?
People are just pointing out that there are other options for affordable housing in the South and Midwest. If people want to live in a world class city, be prepared to pay world class prices :manny:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Having a healthy, independent, 20s is not just YOLOing and partying. You can’t date like an adult living at home (majority of people meet their spouse in their 20s, newsflash), you can’t comfortably have adult guests any given day of the week to form better bonds and memories, you can’t comfortably be at peace in your own thoughts and ideas away from distraction etc.

also, EVERY generation before ours got to experience this freely and cheaply, while we have to suck it up, just because ??? Nah

In your early/mid 20s you don't have enough money to date like an adult LOL :russ:. That's my point. 18-25 you are at your lowest income earning years of your life, but at the same time the highest energetic and free time years at your life. You have all the time, energy, and no money, it's best to spend that developing your skills for the working world in the future. Go ask the people in their late 30s and older how their preference for "better bonds and memories" suited them for a better career advancement, retirement nest egg, or investments. If it means living with your parents for the time being while you increase your skills then so be it

And I already mentioned the option of moving to low cost cities in the Midwest or Great Plains of the US if you really really want that independence YOLO lifestyle at a lower cost with plenty of disposable income. But you conveniently skipped over that :manny:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This makes no sense, I just said I was from the Detroit area meaning we have the big 3 with jobs that are not just on the line and people are still making good money. We have many accounting firms, hospitals, schools, utilities etc. Cleveland has numerous positions in the medical field, one of the top places in the country. Again people move to these desirable places under the guise of finding a "better job" but really looking for a "better" social scene. I get the idea of wanting to move to a social scene you like or better weather but so does everyone else and that shyt will eventually cost. You all come to these popular cities with no discernible skills and find out that shyt won't fly, this was/is very common with Atlanta for example, LA was/is like this too. People assume that things are just going to be naturally better in these places. You all are competing with folk with solid ass credentials and connections when you move to these desirable areas. As I mentioned earlier, the idea of wages not keeping up with inflation is a different discussion from what I initially mentioned, I am advocating that people get out of highly desirable areas as a solution to help improve living standards (which is what the initial post is about). Obviously the real solution is finding ways to increase wages across the board but even then you are still going to have cost of living issues where more people want to be.
Every state has these.

What makes Cali, Georgia, NY different? Oh yeah, Silicon Valley, Hollywood East, CNN/Turner broadcasting, Wall Street.

Those companies have talent pools/skill sets you won’t get in mass in other states.

So the same skills as an accountant in some places will net you a lateral salary/COL in another state.

That’s why people want UPWARD mobility.

Let’s put it like this. Mississippi State is one of the top engineering schools in America. So why is the infrastructure poor and wages so low? Why can’t they retain the talent they teach? Louisiana has LSU . Same thing. Quality colleges don’t equate to anything on there own.

Last edited:

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
And I already mentioned the option of moving to low cost cities in the Midwest or Great Plains of the US if you really really want that independence YOLO lifestyle at a lower cost with plenty of disposable income. But you conveniently skipped over that :manny:

:comeon::comeon::comeon:

breh be serious, this is a Black website full of brothas.

Who the heck is moving from being raised in NYC to the Great Plains midwest to be surrounded by KKK members and all white MAGA people???? Who would they even socialize or date in these areas????

you yourself know thats not even an option

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
theses dudes in their 30s-40s lived up the 90s and 2000s in Atlanta, NYC, LA, Houston etc and telling us young dudes to move to Smallville, Ohio and quit complaining or “tryna have fun”

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Not to mention they want you to move to the middle of nowhere where there's less jobs. Big cities like NY have tons a high paying employment