How To Stream/Record Games

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Is there anyway to record what happened a few seconds back on the PS4 like you can on the xbox ?
I could be wrong and im on my phone so too lazy to look it up but I think the Share button on ps4 saves up to the last 15 minutes of game play automatically.

What's something popular to stream :jbhmm:

About to get in on this work soon enough
Popular streamers are either players who are entertaining but play games that are easy to
Interact with their viewers or really great players at competitive games.

Look at the top watched games on twitch to give you an idea in what the general public is interested in viewing

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
15 minutes is the default setting for the Share option on PS4, but you can change it all the way down to 30 seconds

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
You can get the elgato hd60 but honestly the elgato isn't really all that.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Want to stream on PC with background music playing... is there anything extra I have to do for the stream to have both the game audio and music audio?
:jbhmm:

@itsyoung!!

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Want to stream on PC with background music playing... is there anything extra I have to do for the stream to have both the game audio and music audio?
:jbhmm:

@itsyoung!!
No default audio settings with OBS is if you can hear it then your stream can hear it. As long as both programs are on same setting.

Their are ways to set it up so your stream cant hear what you head except game audio. Very complicated set up that requires a program (forgot name of it) that makes your computer think you have different sound cards and then each audio program you have you can set the option to that fake sound card but your stream only hears default audio device.

Only real reason to do that is so if you are using mumble or discord the stream cant hear the other people talk.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No default audio settings with OBS is if you can hear it then your stream can hear it. As long as both programs are on same setting.

Their are ways to set it up so your stream cant hear what you head except game audio. Very complicated set up that requires a program (forgot name of it) that makes your computer think you have different sound cards and then each audio program you have you can set the option to that fake sound card but your stream only hears default audio device.

Only real reason to do that is so if you are using mumble or discord the stream cant hear the other people talk.
Props, I'm going to try it out next time I fire up SFV

:wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Props, I'm going to try it out next time I fire up SFV

:wow:
Are you using a capture card from your ps4 to pc or did you buy it on PC ? Depending on capture card settings you may need to change a few settings

If you bought it on pc you wont have to change anything

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are you using a capture card from your ps4 to pc or did you buy it on PC ? Depending on capture card settings you may need to change a few settings

If you bought it on pc you wont have to change anything
Got it on PC :blessed:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Got it on PC :blessed:
You should be good to go then.

If you want to test it out before you stream, hit record on obs first, play a match, talk in your mic, etc. then stop recording and watch it. Itll give you a 5 minute or so (or however long you record) preview of the quality of your stream + sound settings. Better to do that then start your stream and lose viewers and you not know if your sound system working.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@itsyoung!!

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Why can't I stream at 720p/60fps with these speeds? I set my upload to 3Mbps and it's still not as smooth as it should be.

Might be the "cpu " speeds holding you back - where you set "fast, faster, fastest" etc. in OBS (assuming this is on PC).

Most streams are actually done with 30 FPS since majority of people watching streams dont have the speed to actually watch 60 fps speeds.

Since you arent partnered as well - cant adjust stream settings from a viewer stand point (medium, high, source settings) so streaming at 60 fps might not even be viewable on your stream either way.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Might be the "cpu " speeds holding you back - where you set "fast, faster, fastest" etc. in OBS (assuming this is on PC).

Most streams are actually done with 30 FPS since majority of people watching streams dont have the speed to actually watch 60 fps speeds.

Since you arent partnered as well - cant adjust stream settings from a viewer stand point (medium, high, source settings) so streaming at 60 fps might not even be viewable on your stream either way.
You don't have to be partnered on YouTube... They let anyone stream in 1080p/60fps.

I was using Elgato's built in streaming options/settings. I'm going to try using OBS next time tho

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Now this is my boy's stream directly from his PS4 Pro.

My speeds are better than his, yet his stream looks better than my shyt does wired on a Capture Card. Starting to think my ISP has something to do with this shyt. I can't even stream from my PS4 anymore because it looks like complete shyt and I have no idea why

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Now this is my boy's stream directly from his PS4 Pro.

My speeds are better than his, yet his stream looks better than my shyt does wired on a Capture Card. Starting to think my ISP has something to do with this shyt. I can't even stream from my PS4 anymore because it looks like complete shyt and I have no idea why

When you use OBS check packets/frames dropped.