How To Stream/Record Games

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I set up that OBS a few minutes ago... had it set at 720p/60fps for streaming and their was still some stutter for the stream.

The game ran smooth though. Now I just have to get the settings right to where the stream is butter. I'll prolly see how it looks at 720p/30fps later on

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I started last night, and now I have like 60 something views with mostly titanfall playing, ill be on tonight, op should update the op and add everyone's stream channel and what games they will be streaming, plus its young I wanted to ask you how to chop a video snd upload it to youtube, last night I went 17-0 in tatanfall straight distruction

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm gonna do this later. Is there anything that can auto save videos from the last 20 minutes for PC?

What kind of video card do you have?

I started last night, and now I have like 60 something views with mostly titanfall playing, ill be on tonight, op should update the op and add everyone's stream channel and what games they will be streaming, plus its young I wanted to ask you how to chop a video snd upload it to youtube, last night I went 17-0 in tatanfall straight distruction

you have to enable "record broadcasts" in your twitch settings. When you do that, go back to your recorded broadcast and look for the highlight button(will be in a drop down menu under the video).

When you get to the highlight video, just enter the time you want to edit. Then hit publish. Once the video is published you can upload directly to youtube from twitch.tv

If you want to edit it with a better program(like add music, slow down effects, etc.)

use this site;

http://www.twitchtools.com/video-download.php

it'll break down the entire broadcast into 22 minute segments. But they are large files (around 800 mb each file). I downloaded a 8 hour 30 minute stream, shyt was around 20 gbs :lupe:

but then you can edit it and render it in a better file format using Sony Vegas

edit: ill go into more details and how to properly set up 720/60fps and 1080/60fps with OBS and make it look smooth and also how to render videos with sony vegas(im no sony vegas pro tho) on monday after Elder Scrolls Online beta

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
im going to try 1080p 30 fps today, was doing 1080p 60fps yesterday but want to see if the drop in the fps makes it look smoother (if that makes sense)

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I'm still tweaking some things... so just a general question. When the OBS Estimator says that your max bitrate and buffer is a certain number (in my case it says 3500) just to be safe you set it a like 1MB below that? So 2500 for me for the bitrate and buffer?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Yeah, I'm still tweaking some things... so just a general question. When the OBS Estimator says that your max bitrate and buffer is a certain number (in my case it says 3500) just to be safe you set it a like 1MB below that? So 2500 for me for the bitrate and buffer?

Nah.. ima go over bitrate in the original post, check the post in like 5 minutes or so itll answer that and for everyone. honestly bitrate is one of the most confusing things for streaming so I got yall

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Honestly, just spent 25 minutes typing out very informative post on how to make a stream look great but the coli said it had too many characters in it :pacspit:

30 minutes of my life fukking gone :pacspit:

dont even feel like fukkiing posting for the rest of the day now :pacspit:

I have fukkin carpel tunnel and it went crazy just now typing out that shyt and the post aint even go through:pacspit:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This for my coli peoples... ima write this shyt OUT AGAIN :to: carpel tunnel and all :to:

only for the coli
LL

Broadcast Settings:
SplaiLg.png

Nothing too crazy in these settings right here, just enter your Twitch.TV key you can find in your Twitch TV Dashboard.

You can record from OBS as well, even though shadowplay is better, if you have a nice graphic overlay like I do and wanna use that, then thats when you use OBS.

Audio Settings:
fCC0fz7.png

You can adjust the mic boost here depending on the quality of your mic.

I will be honest, im no expert on audio settings. Everyone always compliments my mic and says it sounds crystal clear, which it does. But you can also hear me breathing from time to time and thats annoying. Not too sure if that has to do with because I have a really good mic and its not too far from my face or what. It never used to do that so it might have something to do with the Microphone Noise Gate which is a new setting in OBS.

Most professional streamers use a stand alone mic that can cost any where from $50-200+. Most common one is Blue Yeti which is $100 on Amazon

Encoding Options:
Sxx76EG.png

This is the most important tab for streaming. This is where all the quality of your stream comes from.

Dont touch the present options or the CBR options unless you have someone making you custom encoding options later on(aka never).

Twitch caps your bitrate at 3500 if you are not partnered. That is why if you make it higher than that, you'll see in red letters "your bitrate is not optimized for twitch, please reduce to 3500" because it doesnt matter if you have 10.0 mb/s upload speed, only 3.5 of that will be utilized by Twitch no matter what. When you are partnered you can raise it, but from im hearing from partners of twitch is they still keep it at 3500 bitrate regardless.

As far as the audio settings go, you want AT WORSE 96 bitrate. You are already at 3500, whats another 96? Dont have garbage audio. People wont watch if your audio or stream looks or sounds bad, thats just life.

Advanced Options:
BJkpUPo.png
[
This coupled with the encoding option is what makes your stream look great as well. Dont touch anything here but the x264 Preset. Even then you might not want to touch that. But if you have slow upload speed but a fast processor, you can lower this preset down to a slower option at the expense of your CPU. Warning though, this will hit your CPU HARD so expect frame drops in game. Veryfast is standard. I would go down to Fast at worse if you dont have a dedicated streaming computer.

Dedicated streaming computers are becoming popular. They load the computer with a fast processor + RAM and run no applications on it but OBS. This way you can improve the quality of the stream by making the x264 preset SLOW, because its hitting a CPU that has nothing else running on it and only dedicated to streaming. They use a capture card to bridge the streaming computer to the gaming computer. This way you have a better looking stream while not sacrificing frames/performance on the game you are playing.

Video Options:
5pYq1Dj.png

It took me DAYS and DAYS to find out how to get my quality to look top notch like the top streamers. Only because theirs so much misinformation out there if you google it.

Long story short:
First person shooters and fast pace games: 720P 60 FPS
MMOS, RPGS and MOBAS: 1080P 30 FPS

I wrote out a very long and detailed reason why for the frames + resolution but thecoli said fukk your post... and my carpel tunnel acting up so maybe ill write it out later.. just know, use those settings for those types of games.

its no where near as good as the post I made earlier but :yeshrug: with carpel tunnel going crazy right now I just wanted to get this post over with :yeshrug:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
i been kinda gaming some steam, last night i had 10 viewing my bf4 stream, and chatting back and forth with, they was joing my gaming, just a fun time, i have 900 views and 13 followers now

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i been kinda gaming some steam, last night i had 10 viewing my bf4 stream, and chatting back and forth with, they was joing my gaming, just a fun time, i have 900 views and 13 followers now

I tried looking for your channel but the name in the original post of @GoldenGlove post doesnt work

im boutta break 20k views and 400 followers today :blessed: