How To Stream/Record Games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This for my coli peoples... ima write this shyt OUT AGAIN :to: carpel tunnel and all :to:

only for the coli
LL

Broadcast Settings:
SplaiLg.png

Nothing too crazy in these settings right here, just enter your Twitch.TV key you can find in your Twitch TV Dashboard.

You can record from OBS as well, even though shadowplay is better, if you have a nice graphic overlay like I do and wanna use that, then thats when you use OBS.

Audio Settings:
fCC0fz7.png

You can adjust the mic boost here depending on the quality of your mic.

I will be honest, im no expert on audio settings. Everyone always compliments my mic and says it sounds crystal clear, which it does. But you can also hear me breathing from time to time and thats annoying. Not too sure if that has to do with because I have a really good mic and its not too far from my face or what. It never used to do that so it might have something to do with the Microphone Noise Gate which is a new setting in OBS.

Most professional streamers use a stand alone mic that can cost any where from $50-200+. Most common one is Blue Yeti which is $100 on Amazon

Encoding Options:
Sxx76EG.png

This is the most important tab for streaming. This is where all the quality of your stream comes from.

Dont touch the present options or the CBR options unless you have someone making you custom encoding options later on(aka never).

Twitch caps your bitrate at 3500 if you are not partnered. That is why if you make it higher than that, you'll see in red letters "your bitrate is not optimized for twitch, please reduce to 3500" because it doesnt matter if you have 10.0 mb/s upload speed, only 3.5 of that will be utilized by Twitch no matter what. When you are partnered you can raise it, but from im hearing from partners of twitch is they still keep it at 3500 bitrate regardless.

As far as the audio settings go, you want AT WORSE 96 bitrate. You are already at 3500, whats another 96? Dont have garbage audio. People wont watch if your audio or stream looks or sounds bad, thats just life.

Advanced Options:
BJkpUPo.png
[
This coupled with the encoding option is what makes your stream look great as well. Dont touch anything here but the x264 Preset. Even then you might not want to touch that. But if you have slow upload speed but a fast processor, you can lower this preset down to a slower option at the expense of your CPU. Warning though, this will hit your CPU HARD so expect frame drops in game. Veryfast is standard. I would go down to Fast at worse if you dont have a dedicated streaming computer.

Dedicated streaming computers are becoming popular. They load the computer with a fast processor + RAM and run no applications on it but OBS. This way you can improve the quality of the stream by making the x264 preset SLOW, because its hitting a CPU that has nothing else running on it and only dedicated to streaming. They use a capture card to bridge the streaming computer to the gaming computer. This way you have a better looking stream while not sacrificing frames/performance on the game you are playing.

Video Options:
5pYq1Dj.png

It took me DAYS and DAYS to find out how to get my quality to look top notch like the top streamers. Only because theirs so much misinformation out there if you google it.

Long story short:
First person shooters and fast pace games: 720P 60 FPS
MMOS, RPGS and MOBAS: 1080P 30 FPS

I wrote out a very long and detailed reason why for the frames + resolution but thecoli said fukk your post... and my carpel tunnel acting up so maybe ill write it out later.. just know, use those settings for those types of games.

its no where near as good as the post I made earlier but :yeshrug: with carpel tunnel going crazy right now I just wanted to get this post over with :yeshrug:
My settings been like that for the longest but it hardly ever streams without constant pauses and hitches. I'm gonna stream later after I fix this 360 and I'll see if it's the same.
Specs: FX 4100 @ 4.0GHZ, 8GB DDR3 ram, Radeon HD 2GB 7870

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
My settings been like that for the longest but it hardly ever streams without constant pauses and hitches. I'm gonna stream later after I fix this 360 and I'll see if it's the same.
Specs: FX 4100 @ 4.0GHZ, 8GB DDR3 ram, Radeon HD 2GB 7870

what game are you trying to stream? and what do you mean hitches ? your stream is pausing or is your game lagging(frame drops)

how fast is your internet upload speed ?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what game are you trying to stream? and what do you mean hitches ? your stream is pausing or is your game lagging(frame drops)

how fast is your internet upload speed ?
11.26mbps. 29mbps down.
I could try streaming anything and it does it regardless of what I'm playing. I play the game, go on twitch through my phone and watch my own stream and the stream might pause for a second, pause for a minute or longer or just keeps pausing here and there. My game on the other hand isn't dropping frames because the game will continue to play fine while my stream looks like it's pausing constantly. The video stream itself is pausing.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
11.26mbps. 29mbps down.
I could try streaming anything and it does it regardless of what I'm playing. I play the game, go on twitch through my phone and watch my own stream and the stream might pause for a second, pause for a minute or longer or just keeps pausing here and there. My game on the other hand isn't dropping frames because the game will continue to play fine while my stream looks like it's pausing constantly. The video stream itself is pausing.

are you trying to stream in 1080p 60 fps

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are you trying to stream in 1080p 60 fps
Doesn't matter. I tried 720p 30fps, tried lowering bit rate it doesn't matter. My cousins similar spec'd computer streams games with minimal issues and we're using the same internet(In the same household.)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Doesn't matter. I tried 720p 30fps, tried lowering bit rate it doesn't matter. My cousins similar spec'd computer streams games with minimal issues and we're using the same internet(In the same household.)

yall tryna stream at same time?!

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@itsyoung!!

Is there a way to stream PS3 content from OBS directly to Twitch without a capture card? Thinking about moving 1 of my PS3s back in my office and I wouldn't mind playing some VF5:FS and streaming the matches just for kicks...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@itsyoung!!

Is there a way to stream PS3 content from OBS directly to Twitch without a capture card? Thinking about moving 1 of my PS3s back in my office and I wouldn't mind playing some VF5:FS and streaming the matches just for kicks...

some games on the PS3 like Call of Duty have a twitch option built into them in the settings, other than that all I know about is through a capture card. Theres really expensive ones, but you can find a good capture card for around $150 easily if you want HD. Can find cheap $30 or so ones but will relay in SD.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...edia+ca,aps&rh=i:aps,k:avermedia capture card

if I still streamed I was gonna pick up a capture card regardless so I could build a streaming PC as well. But theres been no games thats held my attention long enough to even stream :sadcam:

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
U have to go thru all that bullshyt settings on the PC to get a fukking stream up?

What a waste of time..What kinda Larry ass controller don't have a fukking share button :fif.wtf: