How To Stream/Record Games

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Well anyways a got a question

How do these YouTube fukkers be putting up videos with voice overs and shyt like doing walkthroughs?? Talking on the mic while recording on the quad doesn't do it..

Ppl been doing these vids since da ps3 and I still can't figure dis shyt out

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

How do these YouTube fukkers be putting up videos with voice overs and shyt like doing walkthroughs?? Talking on the mic while recording on the quad doesn't do it..

You go through all those bullshyt settings and set your mic input to record as well, or record gameplay and then record yourself talking over it at a later time.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

the people on ps3 and the youtubers use a capture card to stream and not the actual ps4 or if you are talking about recording a play through then explaining whats going on, they just record the footage then use an edit program like Sony Vegas to edit it

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
U have to go thru all that bullshyt settings on the PC to get a fukking stream up?

What a waste of time..What kinda Larry ass controller don't have a fukking share button :fif.wtf:

its a little more detailed on PC thats why. Theres preconfigs now I believe but you can get way more out of streaming on PC than console is why all the settings. With PS4 you get hardly no settings. You can edit everything on PC streams, including overlay, sound settings, donations, stream quality..

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
the people on ps3 and the youtubers use a capture card to stream and not the actual ps4 or if you are talking about recording a play through then explaining whats going on, they just record the footage then use an edit program like Sony Vegas to edit it

Is this for Mac? Do you know if/how to do this in iMovie?

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

PS4 does record your voice while playing if you set it to do so. You can also do voice overs and add commentary to your footage in ShareFactory.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So I bought a capture device to relay my PS4 to my PC so I can stream it through OBS there and it would be better quality and of course 100x more options than just streaming through twitch app on PS4

I bought this piece of shyt

let me give you a quick break down as to why its just not that good.

1. its powered through USB 2.0, so the data transfer is fairly slow. Ive been wondering why the fukk it has a 1-3 second delay on anything and I guess this is mainly the issue. Basically the PS4 sends information to the capture device, then the capture device sends it to the PC. At 1080p or even 720p, thats a lot of information to be sent through USB 2.0

2. Its big as fukk :wtf: (like 1/4th the size of a PS4 itself). Took up a lot of desk space.

3. Because of older technology and wasnt built with PS4 or Xbox1 in mind, it requires THREE, yes THREE fukking microphones to record in game sounds, party chat and your own commentary :wtf: This is partly due to "next gen" consoles also having very limited sound settings too though (the head set in the bottom of the controller is convenient but also very limited in what we can do sound wise)

**** DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY USB 2.0 DEVICE TO CAPTURE NEXT GEN CONSOLE (record or stream) THEY ARE SIMPLY TOO SLOW*** that includes Roxio, El Gato or this device, dont be fooled by the high ratings.

what I mean by delay is, when you have your settings set up, itll mute your PS4 but play the sound through the Caputre device software on your computer, but its a 1-3 second delay. So if you shot a gun in battlefield , you'd see the animation on your screen, but not hear the sound until 1-3 seconds later , obviously cant play FPS like this. When you play back the recording, everything is in sync though, but while live, its horrible.

this is what I ended up with, waiting on it to arrive and then ill make a review, if it has 1-2 second delay ima fukkin :sadbron:

my gut told me to go with this one from the jump, as theres a reason all the top streamers use it but I figured a capture device is a capture device if around the same price range. I couldnt be more wrong.. Apparently PCI-E capture devices even kill the newer USB 3.0 capture devices, let alone the USB 2.0

well this has been pretty much my whole fukking week.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

You go through all those bullshyt settings and set your mic input to record as well, or record gameplay and then record yourself talking over it at a later time.
So I bought a capture device to relay my PS4 to my PC so I can stream it through OBS there and it would be better quality and of course 100x more options than just streaming through twitch app on PS4

I bought this piece of shyt

let me give you a quick break down as to why its just not that good.

1. its powered through USB 2.0, so the data transfer is fairly slow. Ive been wondering why the fukk it has a 1-3 second delay on anything and I guess this is mainly the issue. Basically the PS4 sends information to the capture device, then the capture device sends it to the PC. At 1080p or even 720p, thats a lot of information to be sent through USB 2.0

2. Its big as fukk :wtf: (like 1/4th the size of a PS4 itself). Took up a lot of desk space.

3. Because of older technology and wasnt built with PS4 or Xbox1 in mind, it requires THREE, yes THREE fukking microphones to record in game sounds, party chat and your own commentary :wtf: This is partly due to "next gen" consoles also having very limited sound settings too though (the head set in the bottom of the controller is convenient but also very limited in what we can do sound wise)

**** DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY USB 2.0 DEVICE TO CAPTURE NEXT GEN CONSOLE (record or stream) THEY ARE SIMPLY TOO SLOW*** that includes Roxio, El Gato or this device, dont be fooled by the high ratings.

what I mean by delay is, when you have your settings set up, itll mute your PS4 but play the sound through the Caputre device software on your computer, but its a 1-3 second delay. So if you shot a gun in battlefield , you'd see the animation on your screen, but not hear the sound until 1-3 seconds later , obviously cant play FPS like this. When you play back the recording, everything is in sync though, but while live, its horrible.

this is what I ended up with, waiting on it to arrive and then ill make a review, if it has 1-2 second delay ima fukkin :sadbron:

my gut told me to go with this one from the jump, as theres a reason all the top streamers use it but I figured a capture device is a capture device if around the same price range. I couldnt be more wrong.. Apparently PCI-E capture devices even kill the newer USB 3.0 capture devices, let alone the USB 2.0

well this has been pretty much my whole fukking week.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
I'd like to try this out :ehh:
If I was great at Madden, I would stream more often since that is the only game that I play on my PS4. Some of the top Madden streamers are making money from selling their ebook through playing on Twitch.

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
Is there anyway to record what happened a few seconds back on the PS4 like you can on the xbox ?