How to buy cars (new and used)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Financing a new car seems like a dumb idea cause you're also financing the instant depreciation hit you take just by driving it off the lot.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm a little older, and I've bought over 20 new and used cars over my lifetime. Here are a few tips from my experience:

Buy CPO (Certified Pre Owned) vehicles if possible:
Awesome Rates
Better Warranty then New sometimes
Inspected properly and usually have a clean history

I got a 2011 QX from Infiniti, which is 74,000 brand new at the time, for about 49990 and I got a rate of 1.9 for 60 months, plus it had only 11000 miles and is covered for 7 years and 60000 miles + an additional year to make up for the year I lost, plus I got a discount on the total maintence package. With 15000 down, I'm paying 739 mo including all taxes fees and maintenence pkg. Which is insane, Had I bought new I'd pay well over 1000 a month.

Make sure you see the Carfax.

Even if you have bad credit, try yo pursue your own financing.

Take it to a mechanic you trust, any dealer will let you do it, but don't do this until your 99% sure you're going to buy the car. Because some dealers will request a non-refundable deposit to pretect themselves from people who re-neg.

An accident on a carfax is not the end of the world. By law a dealer has to tell you and unless the accident is described in detail, it may just be a minor fender bender, use it to get a few more dollars off.

Request the car be put on a lift, check for excessive rust and paint on the underbody which means the vehicle is painted. Rust and it may have been flooded.

Newer Cars >>>> Older Cars because the newer the model year the better the financing. I would take a newer car with high miles over an older car with low miles because you could purchase a warranty and maintenance pkg and still have lower payments

Negotiate the warranties, unless your buying a luxury car you shouldn't pay more than 1000 dollars total (including maintenence, warranty, tire and wheel etc.)

If you dropped or lowered your trade the value plummets.

If you put rims on your car, put the original ones on then trade it in, they are much more valuable on the streets.

Just a few things.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This nikka said buying new is better than buying used

Excuse me sir

Have you any familiarity with the concept of depreciation

My car has almost $3000 of equity in it, so no sorry cant relate. Buy smarter next time.

But im sure you are worrying about the depreciation value of your car when you are with ya kids stuck on the side of the road :stopitslime:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm a little older, and I've bought over 20 new and used cars over my lifetime. Here are a few tips from my experience:

Buy CPO (Certified Pre Owned) vehicles if possible:
Awesome Rates
Better Warranty then New sometimes
Inspected properly and usually have a clean history

I got a 2011 QX from Infiniti, which is 74,000 brand new at the time, for about 49990 and I got a rate of 1.9 for 60 months, plus it had only 11000 miles and is covered for 7 years and 60000 miles + an additional year to make up for the year I lost, plus I got a discount on the total maintence package. With 15000 down, I'm paying 739 mo including all taxes fees and maintenence pkg. Which is insane, Had I bought new I'd pay well over 1000 a month.

Make sure you see the Carfax.

Even if you have bad credit, try yo pursue your own financing.

Take it to a mechanic you trust, any dealer will let you do it, but don't do this until your 99% sure you're going to buy the car. Because some dealers will request a non-refundable deposit to pretect themselves from people who re-neg.

An accident on a carfax is not the end of the world. By law a dealer has to tell you and unless the accident is described in detail, it may just be a minor fender bender, use it to get a few more dollars off.

Request the car be put on a lift, check for excessive rust and paint on the underbody which means the vehicle is painted. Rust and it may have been flooded.

Newer Cars >>>> Older Cars because the newer the model year the better the financing. I would take a newer car with high miles over an older car with low miles because you could purchase a warranty and maintenance pkg and still have lower payments

Negotiate the warranties, unless your buying a luxury car you shouldn't pay more than 1000 dollars total (including maintenence, warranty, tire and wheel etc.)

If you dropped or lowered your trade the value plummets.

If you put rims on your car, put the original ones on then trade it in, they are much more valuable on the streets.

Just a few things.

Actually depending on dealership, a luxury car warranty might be less than a regular car. My old finance manager got a warranty on his 2008 m6 for like $400 :obama:

Other than that great information, a lot cross overs with what ima post tomorrow

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Lets say you get approved by your bank or whatever. Do you just go hit the dealership and try to lowball them then slap em with the check from the bank when you think you got the lowest price possible?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My car has almost $3000 of equity in it, so no sorry cant relate. Buy smarter next time.

But im sure you are worrying about the depreciation value of your car when you are with ya kids stuck on the side of the road :stopitslime:
if something is fundamentally wrong with the car its gonna go bad in the first year or two.

many millionaires say to buy 1-2 year old cars and let someone else eat the depreciation. the car is still fairly new and you don't have to blow money on a huge drop in value.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
if something is fundamentally wrong with the car its gonna go bad in the first year or two.

many millionaires say to buy 1-2 year old cars and let someone else eat the depreciation. the car is still fairly new and you don't have to blow money on a huge drop in value.

:wtf: whatever you gonna buy is gonna depreciate. Not only that its gonna be different from car to car. A hinda depreciates different from a cadillac. Also its also how you treat your car. A 2010 ford mustang with 50k miles is gonna depreciate more than a 2010 mustang with 10k miles on it.

Your car is gonna go down in value regardless of new or used. That USED car you bought for 17k probably worth only 14k bruh, and ill cover that tomorrow.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
good credit...:comeon:

just talked with my bro...nikka got a 780 credit score....:ld:
unless you end up having a medical catastrophe with no insurance its not that hard to have at least decent credit. all you have to do is make the minimum payments and not charge up a bunch of shyt. last of all stay current on your bills.

my fico score ain't that hot. it ranges from a 680-705 depending on which of the three they pull from. i have several almost maxed out cards but i always made the minimum payment. i'm working on paying all my cards down now because i started noticing what i was paying a month in finance charges.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Lets say you get approved by your bank or whatever. Do you just go hit the dealership and try to lowball them then slap em with the check from the bank when you think you got the lowest price possible?

well if u got financing thru ur bank, u can hit them with the :aicmon: if they try to okey doke you. especially since u can walk out the door with your bread and hit up another dealership at a moments notice. hell, the dealer might even have better financing deals than where u were preapproved for, so you might get to take advantage of that also if it works out for u.