how Sylvester Stallone feels about Black people...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I couldn't really tell what he said from the audio. Actually, I could kinda hear it, but only because I knew what he was supposed to be saying. If you played the audio for me with no explanation I'd have no idea what I was supposed to be hearing from it.

I kinda doubt he said it because he's spent the last 2-3 years trying to give Wesley Snipes a job when nobody else was fukking with him. Even held the job offer when Snipes was in prison.

Not sure what kind of logical sense that makes if he's racist.

Fred.

I think a lot of people are more complicated than that

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
If you remember the beginning of Rocky, he lost his gym locker, to a young black fighter. He went back to his locker and it was locked, he busts it open and sees a locker with pictures and and stuff which included Appollo Creed pictures etc. This is an allusion for affirmative action which had gone into heavy effect in the mid 70's. Keep in mind Micky is training mostly black fighters in the scene which puts Rocky in a sort of outcast position. This scene would not have as much impact if Mickey were training another Italian kid or even a mix of fighters of various backgrounds.

Apollo Creed is a mockery of the American Dream. He parades himself like Uncle Sam, and the mayor gives him the keys to the city near the Liberty Bell if I'm not mistaken. Rocky is seeing this in a primarily white bar, again contrasting imagery through race.

Rocky's character is heavily based of Rocky Marciano who was said to be softhearted out the ring and friendly and was set in contrast to the corporate champ Apollo Creed who had a white promoter (which was reversed in Rocky V in which Tommy Gunn had an opportunistic Don King like promoter.

Carl Weathers does make Creed self-aware and dude is far from a dummy though.

You don't have to agree with me but it is food for thought.

interesting but since stallon wrote and John G Avildson directed it I am not going to believe they were going the racial route. Avidson was never deep.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: could give a muthafucc about sylvester stallone, rambo, cobra, rocky alla dem niccas

he can't eat a dicc :pacspit: and his clayface in the face lookin' ass mama too :pacspit::pacspit:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think a lot of people are more complicated than that

That's true but it's hard to believe he'd drop that shyt in broad ass day light, knowing he's on camera, when as far as I know there's been zero indication that he's racist the last 40 years of his career.

Fred.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime:

Apollo lost the 2nd one because he didn't want it anymore. I give you that dancing shyt but all boxers have to learn how to dance if they want to be better. :yeshrug: And Clubber was disrespecting Apollo creed dude had to go.

And the last one was just a rehash of the first movie nothing racial just rocky going the distance again.
Give it up homie:camby:

:umad:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't really tell what he said from the audio. Actually, I could kinda hear it, but only because I knew what he was supposed to be saying. If you played the audio for me with no explanation I'd have no idea what I was supposed to be hearing from it.

I kinda doubt he said it because he's spent the last 2-3 years trying to give Wesley Snipes a job when nobody else was fukking with him. Even held the job offer when Snipes was in prison.

Not sure what kind of logical sense that makes if he's racist.

Fred.

I don't think he said and I've already said I can't hear what he said, but that logic is flawed.

Just because he tried to Wesley Snipes a job does mean he's incapable of being racist. There's a such a thing as compartmentalization. A person can have black friends and even date a black person and still be racist as fukk. There are countless examples of this throughout history (Strom Thurmond being pro segregation but hiring black people and having a daughter by a black woman).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think he said and I've already said I can't hear what he said, but that logic is flawed.

Just because he tried to Wesley Snipes a job does mean he's incapable of being racist. There's a such a thing as compartmentalization. A person can have black friends and even date a black person and still be racist as fukk. There are countless examples of this throughout history (Strom Thurmond being pro segregation but hiring black people and having a daughter by a black woman).

That's all fine and well but like I said, dude has been around 4 decades. It would've been obvious long before he decided to say the shyt in broad ass day light, on camera.

And Strom Thurmond isn't a good example because there's a political component. Politicians sometimes have to make decisions they think is for the greater good....and in some cases argue those points....regardless of how they personally feel about it.

Stallone is rich enough that he doesn't have to interact with black people at all if he didn't want to....he not only chooses to....but actively tries to help Snipes, a man that Hollywood tossed out. I get that people are complicated but it doesn't add up.

Fred.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's all fine and well but like I said, dude has been around 4 decades. It would've been obvious long before he decided to say the shyt in broad ass day light, on camera.

Let me reiterate again that I don't think he said it, but no it wouldn't of had to have been obvious before now. He wouldn't have been the first celebrity to suddenly come out and say some wild racist shyt.

And Strom Thurmond isn't a good example because there's a political component. Politicians sometimes have to make decisions they think is for the greater good....and in some cases argue those points....regardless of how they personally feel about it.

I named Thurmond because he's the most well known example. Lets not act like there aren't TONS of stories about racist white people secretly having relationships with black folks or considering some black folks to be "good ones".

Stallone is rich enough that he doesn't have to interact with black people at all if he didn't want to....he not only chooses to....but actively tries to help Snipes, a man that Hollywood tossed out. I get that people are complicated but it doesn't add up.

Again, that doesn't mean anything, Look at Paris Hilton, she's got more bank than Stallone and is wild racist, but you also see her hanging out with black folks all the damn time.

People compartmentalize all the time. Some of the most racist people will find SOME reason justify liking one black person while despising all others.

Again, I don't think Stallone is a bigot nor do I think he say nikka. I'm just saying that someone having black friends and never being caught saying anything racist in the past doesn't prevent or making it less likely that they'd be racist.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
:what: that doesnt exempt him from using racial slurs
i got too many life experiences with white people just like that

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Let me reiterate again that I don't think he said it, but no it wouldn't of had to have been obvious before now. He wouldn't have been the first celebrity to suddenly come out and say some wild racist shyt.

I named Thurmond because he's the most well known example. Lets not act like there aren't TONS of stories about racist white people secretly having relationships with black folks or considering some black folks to be "good ones".

Again, that doesn't mean anything, Look at Paris Hilton, she's got more bank than Stallone and is wild racist, but you also see her hanging out with black folks all the damn time.

People compartmentalize all the time. Some of the most racist people will find SOME reason justify liking one black person while despising all others.

Again, I don't think Stallone is a bigot nor do I think he say nikka. I'm just saying that someone having black friends and never being caught saying anything racist in the past doesn't prevent or making it less likely that they'd be racist.

Now this post got me suspicious of my cac homies. :lupe: