how Sylvester Stallone feels about Black people...

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
So some blue-collar,everyday Joe goes toe-to-toe with the loud-mouth athlete doesn't sound like wish fulfillment to 90% of white america?

sounds like the wish fulfillment of any boxer who sucked and could not make pro. :manny:

but i guess other minorities don't have that dream as well.

edit*
it appears you never watched the first one at all he was not a blue collar every day joe he was a former boxer turned leg breaker for a gangster.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
im not gonna lie, i can here it :patrice:....i dun listened like 10x but im not hearing it :why:

thanks breh for not fallin in line LIKE YOU CAN ACTUALLY DISTINGUISH what he said ..... seriously, I said in another thread on this, its hard to tell what he said after "fuuckin" .... there is no telling what he said, without some sound isolating software ... I turned the volume up and made it full screen and cant' tell what he said.....

I'll give somebody 2,000 coli cash if you prove without a doubt he said "fuucking ******(a)" ...

Overreact brehs :beli:

I'm not even no Sly Stallone stan .... but folks overreacting on race issues when its not there is sorta :snooze: .... the woman said something about race at the end, but seriously I can't hear anything ... i have no problem being proven wrong

BillyOcean

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sounds like the wish fulfillment of any boxer who sucked and could not make pro. :manny:

but i guess other minorities don't have that dream as well.

edit*
it appears you never watched the first one at all he was not a blue collar every day joe he was a former boxer turned leg breaker for a gangster.

I have.

You seem really invested in protecting the Rocky image. Is this personal for you?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I have.

You seem really invested in protecting the Rocky image. Is this personal for you?

no but your making up shyt. Unless you think all blue collar workers were professional boxers at one point. :ehh:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Snipes bout to catch that dude on the set of the new Expendables movie. Wesley don't play that shyt.

*edit*

I'd be way more hurt by this shyt if it was Ed O'Neil who said it. That shyt would hurt my soul :to:

You leave Al Bundy out of this :sadbron:

BillyOcean

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no but your making up shyt. Unless you think all blue collar workers were professional boxers at one point. :ehh:

Wow, you're really serious about protecting the "Rocky" image, eh? I'm not going to go back and forward with you. I have always thought that the "Rocky" franchise played into the insecurities of a certain demographic ... no big deal. Hearing Sly drop the n-bomb just validates it for me.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
the fukk?
He lost the first one, lost the third and had to be trained by a black man to win again. He beat up his own white portage and lost the last movie to a black man.

But yeah it is a racist ass movie.

First off he beat the cocky negro apollo creed in the 2nd fight because he was a hard worker and apollo was cocky and needed to be put in his place.

2nd off he beat Clubber Lang a barbaric negro who was a vastly superior fighter defeated Rocky with his brute strength and cocky demeanor. Clubber then taunts Rocky by threatening to fukk his pristine wife. Because thats what big n1ggers do. Rocky manages to get better by going back to Apollo Creed (who he beat) who teaches Rocky how to move with rhythm since blacks are good at dancing and he beats clubber lang in an endurance match because Clubber was smoking and drinking in the interim (supposedly) despite the fact the Clubber was stronger and in better shape in the 1st fight. Granted now this is a movie but you see where I'm going.

2nd off in the last movie Rocky VI Rocky should have had 0 chance. In boxing 10 years is a big difference much less 25. Rocky should have gotten knocked out in the 1st round. No way he stands against a champion in his prime, so they had to bring Mason Dixon down as a character to make it remotely believable.

Don't get me wrong I like the Rocky series but there was definitely racial undertones.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
i cant hear a god damn thing.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Wow, you're really serious about protecting the "Rocky" image, eh? I'm not going to go back and forward with you. I have always thought that the "Rocky" franchise played into the insecurities of a certain demographic ... no big deal. Hearing Sly drop the n-bomb just validates it for me.

what? just because he was fighting black boxers in the sport black people dominated? Or is that during the third movie he had to be trained by black people in order to win and every time after that. I guess that is just the white man subconscious dream.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
what? just because he was fighting black boxers in the sport black people dominated? Or is that during the third movie he had to be trained by black people in order to win and every time after that. I guess that is just the white man subconscious dream.

No, it's bigger than that, I could go into it deeper and speak about what was going on around the time period the movie was made and yes the movie was wish fulfillment at it's most innocuous.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
First off he beat the cocky negro apollo creed in the 2nd fight because he was a hard worker and apollo was cocky and needed to be put in his place.

2nd off he beat Clubber Lang a barbaric negro who was a vastly superior fighter defeated Rocky with his brute strength and cocky demeanor. Clubber then taunts Rocky by threatening to fukk his pristine wife. Because thats what big n1ggers do. Rocky manages to get better by going back to Apollo Creed (who he beat) who teaches Rocky how to move with rhythm since blacks are good at dancing and he beats clubber lang in an endurance match because Clubber was smoking and drinking in the interim (supposedly) despite the fact the Clubber was stronger and in better shape in the 1st fight. Granted now this is a movie but you see where I'm going.

2nd off in the last movie Rocky VI Rocky should have had 0 chance. In boxing 10 years is a big difference much less 25. Rocky should have gotten knocked out in the 1st round. No way he stands against a champion in his prime, so they had to bring Mason Dixon down as a character to make it remotely believable.

Don't get me wrong I like the Rocky series but there was definitely racial undertones.

:stopitslime:

Apollo lost the 2nd one because he didn't want it anymore. I give you that dancing shyt but all boxers have to learn how to dance if they want to be better. :yeshrug: And Clubber was disrespecting Apollo creed dude had to go.

And the last one was just a rehash of the first movie nothing racial just rocky going the distance again.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
No, it's bigger than that, I could go into it deeper and speak about what was going on around the time period the movie was made and yes the movie was wish fulfillment at it's most innocuous.

please explain.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:stopitslime:

Apollo lost the 2nd one because he didn't want it anymore. I give you that dancing shyt but all boxers have to learn how to dance if they want to be better. :yeshrug: And Clubber was disrespecting Apollo creed dude had to go.

And the last one was just a rehash of the first movie nothing racial just rocky going the distance again.

Again Clubber was in another universe compared to Rocky (it's eerie how the character was Tyson before Tyson). But now Rocky knows how to do a 2 step, he can take on Clubber a boxer way stronger and with way more stamina.

Why wasn't Mason Dixon getting the same respect as Rocky despite not only being the undisputed champion but actually having accomplished more than Rocky at the same point in his career. Dude was the undisputed champ and no way could a 60 year old fighter have a punchers chance againt a dude that was 1/2 his age. Rocky Balboa was still compelling due to the very good acting but the series was the personification of the Great White Hope.