how Sylvester Stallone feels about Black people...

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Wow, you're really serious about protecting the "Rocky" image, eh? I'm not going to go back and forward with you. I have always thought that the "Rocky" franchise played into the insecurities of a certain demographic ... no big deal. Hearing Sly drop the n-bomb just validates it for me.
:snoop: what a fukking reach.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Again Clubber was in another universe compared to Rocky (it's eerie how the character was Tyson before Tyson). But now Rocky knows how to do a 2 step, he can take on Clubber a boxer way stronger and with way more stamina.

Why wasn't Mason Dixon getting the same respect as Rocky despite not only being the undisputed champion but actually having accomplished more than Rocky at the same point in his career. Dude was the undisputed champ and no way could a 60 year old fighter have a punchers chance againt a dude that was 1/2 his age. Rocky Balboa was still compelling due to the very good acting but the series was the personification of the Great White Hope.

Clubber didn't have stamina that was well established he was a brawler just like Joe Frazier . And if the great white hope just means they can only go the distance with the black man then that is a story i can get behind.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
please explain.

If you remember the beginning of Rocky, he lost his gym locker, to a young black fighter. He went back to his locker and it was locked, he busts it open and sees a locker with pictures and and stuff which included Appollo Creed pictures etc. This is an allusion for affirmative action which had gone into heavy effect in the mid 70's. Keep in mind Micky is training mostly black fighters in the scene which puts Rocky in a sort of outcast position. This scene would not have as much impact if Mickey were training another Italian kid or even a mix of fighters of various backgrounds.

Apollo Creed is a mockery of the American Dream. He parades himself like Uncle Sam, and the mayor gives him the keys to the city near the Liberty Bell if I'm not mistaken. Rocky is seeing this in a primarily white bar, again contrasting imagery through race.

Rocky's character is heavily based of Rocky Marciano who was said to be softhearted out the ring and friendly and was set in contrast to the corporate champ Apollo Creed who had a white promoter (which was reversed in Rocky V in which Tommy Gunn had an opportunistic Don King like promoter.

Carl Weathers does make Creed self-aware and dude is far from a dummy though.

You don't have to agree with me but it is food for thought.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Great White Hope means the public thinks Rocky can win. No one thought Rocky could actually win, they just cheered him cause he was the hometown guy.

Just like how Apollo and his people planned it in the first place for publicity.

This is Rocky with an infowars spin on it :snoop:

but no... the red gloves as he said "hello" was a way of saying black people are the fukking plague :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Clubber didn't have stamina that was well established he was a brawler just like Joe Frazier . And if the great white hope just means they can only go the distance with the black man then that is a story i can get behind.

Again not true the commentators praised Lang for his strength and stamina as was Joe Frazier.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
If you remember the beginning of Rocky, he lost his gym locker, to a young black fighter. He went back to his locker and it was locked, he busts it open and sees a locker with pictures and and stuff which included Appollo Creed pictures etc. This is an allusion for affirmative action which had gone into heavy effect in the mid 70's. Keep in mind Micky is training mostly black fighters in the scene which puts Rocky in a sort of outcast position. This scene would not have as much impact if Mickey were training another Italian kid or even a mix of fighters of various backgrounds.

Apollo Creed is a mockery of the American Dream. He parades himself like Uncle Sam, and the mayor gives him the keys to the city near the Liberty Bell if I'm not mistaken. Rocky is seeing this in a primarily white bar, again contrasting imagery through race.

Rocky's character is heavily based of Rocky Marciano who was said to be softhearted out the ring and friendly and was set in contrast to the corporate champ Apollo Creed who had a white promoter (which was reversed in Rocky V in which Tommy Gunn had an opportunistic Don King like promoter.

Carl Weathers does make Creed self-aware and dude is far from a dummy though.

You don't have to agree with me but it is food for thought.

I'll never forget the scene when they were at the urban boxing gym & hip hop was playing & Paulie was like "I don't listen to that jungle junk music..." :russ: :laff: :dead:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not surprised. I don't know why you guys act so surprised I mean....come look at Mel Gibson, Kramer, etc. We all know all the white folks said the N word.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I couldn't really tell what he said from the audio. Actually, I could kinda hear it, but only because I knew what he was supposed to be saying. If you played the audio for me with no explanation I'd have no idea what I was supposed to be hearing from it.

I kinda doubt he said it because he's spent the last 2-3 years trying to give Wesley Snipes a job when nobody else was fukking with him. Even held the job offer when Snipes was in prison.

Not sure what kind of logical sense that makes if he's racist.

Fred.