how Sylvester Stallone feels about Black people...

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who would have thought mel gibson would be on some "N.igger" shyt unless you want to label him crazy?

I was gonna mention that in most post but Gibson was seen as a conservative BEFORE he really went off the deep end. Most people still wouldn't have seen that "pack of ******s" rant coming though given his relationship with Danny Glover and Whoopi Goldberg.

Gibson has said lots of homophobic shyt in the past but he's cool as shyt with Jodie Foster.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You can barely make out what he's saying, yet TMZ insists multiple times in the article that you can clearly hear it. Get the fukk outta here with that desperate attention seeking paparazzi bullshyt.

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
Frank Pesce, who can be seen in the video with the star, said: 'I was with Sly the whole time, and he never said the N-word. The statement was made to a large muscular man in a white T-shirt with his hat on backwards, who had been stalking him for more than an hour.

'Sly previously asked the paparazzi in a polite manner, "please cut me a break." The paparazzi ignored him and continued to harass him. In response, Sly made the statement: “I know…Look at this f**king idiot here.”

Sound Engineer and Analyst of over two decades, George Usher, listened to an enhanced audio track and confirms that what Mr. Stallone actually said was: “I know…Look at this f**king idiot here.

'Usher stated: “I listen to sound professionally day in and day out, and I know what I heard. In my professional opinion, the audio confirms that Mr. Stallone did not use a racial epithet.”'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ling-racial-slur-paparazzi.html#ixzz2ktnleU20

:patrice: I don't know how reliable that sound engineers opinion is but that audio is too blurry to hear anything definitively. His track record over his entire career has more validity than this bullshyt headline grabbing story so i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. Sly has truly had a lot of black people around him his whole life. Let's be serious, Sly was giving a lot of black people jobs, when Hollywood wasn't. In 40 years never have we heard any rumors of Sly being racist. I know people could be lowkey racist, but Sly keeps a lot of nikkas around him, when he has no reason to.

Plus this isn't a Mel Gibson situation. Remember Gibson was secretly recorded dropping the N bomb. Sly is in broad daylight in the middle of Beverly Hills and has been a celebrity for 40 years, and knows cameras are following hm. I'd like to believe he's not that stupid.

It sounds sort of like he drops the N word, but it's not clear enough to me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't think Sly is a racist. If you piss off a lot of white people they'll drop the n-bomb. Its like a verbal kick in the nuts. I take it some of you have never gotten pissed off and said something to someone for the effect moreso than you meaning what you said.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
If you remember the beginning of Rocky, he lost his gym locker, to a young black fighter. He went back to his locker and it was locked, he busts it open and sees a locker with pictures and and stuff which included Appollo Creed pictures etc. This is an allusion for affirmative action which had gone into heavy effect in the mid 70's. Keep in mind Micky is training mostly black fighters in the scene which puts Rocky in a sort of outcast position. This scene would not have as much impact if Mickey were training another Italian kid or even a mix of fighters of various backgrounds.

Apollo Creed is a mockery of the American Dream. He parades himself like Uncle Sam, and the mayor gives him the keys to the city near the Liberty Bell if I'm not mistaken. Rocky is seeing this in a primarily white bar, again contrasting imagery through race.

Rocky's character is heavily based of Rocky Marciano who was said to be softhearted out the ring and friendly and was set in contrast to the corporate champ Apollo Creed who had a white promoter (which was reversed in Rocky V in which Tommy Gunn had an opportunistic Don King like promoter.

Carl Weathers does make Creed self-aware and dude is far from a dummy though.

You don't have to agree with me but it is food for thought.
Wasn't Apollo creed suppose to be ali? And clubbed lang mike Tyson ?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I don't think Sly is a racist. If you piss off a lot of white people they'll drop the n-bomb. Its like a verbal kick in the nuts. I take it some of you have never gotten pissed off and said something to someone for the effect moreso than you meaning what you said.

While I don't even think he said it (you need to want to hear it to somewhat hear it which is always a sign of mind tricks) I agree. I feel too often just because people use a slur as an insult, they're instantly being categorized as racists instead of being someone who in the heat of the moment said the first insult he instinctively knew would surely piss off the other guy.

I mean, people brought up Mel Gibson but I'm still not even too sure about him being a racist. Both Danny Glover and Richard Donner (who's Jewish and worked with Mel on a total of six movies) have publicly stated Mel's crazy rants came from him dealing with severe depression and alcoholism, and not once felt like it represented the person they worked with for years and know on a personal level. I tend to take their insights more serious than the holier-than-thou people on entertainment blogs who want to pretend they never did some fukked up shyt they never meant to do.