How many of you actually want to get married?

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yo I'm tired of you talking like you some ugly ass person.

Even so call ugly people (who aren't really ugly just have imperfections) can get a spouse. Stop it yo.

See a therapist if you have too but get outta your mindset. You don't wanna get older and do things outta desperation because you think you aren't worth it.
:skip: I didn't call myself ugly, I just want to attract different men than what I currently get. When I say glow up, I'm not just talking about my looks. I mean financially and socially as well.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
:skip: I didn't call myself ugly, I just want to attract different men than what I currently get. When I say glow up, I'm not just talking about my looks. I mean financially and socially as well.
:comeon: I've seen your post in the past not this one particularly.

:hubie:

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
How does that create stability in your opinion?
Two parent household.

Yes, I'm aware that you can raise productive, well functioning kids even if you aren't under the same roof.

But I'll take my own experience into account not having my Dad around it affected me heavy. I "just" stop giving af about him because I now know no matter what he just doesn't care about me. But as a kid it's crazy.

Of course we're talking about two healthy, functioning parents.

I don't really think about marriage much outside of that.

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Two parent household.

Yes, I'm aware that you can raise productive, well functioning kids even if you aren't under the same roof.

But I'll take my own experience into account not having my Dad around it affected me heavy. I "just" stop giving af about him because I now know no matter what he just doesn't care about me. But as a kid it's crazy.

Ya that wouldve fukked me up too. Especially as a kid:mjcry::hug:

My dad stayed around, payed for my necessities helped me out when I asked and still fukked me up mentally and emotionally. Kinda soured my views on marriage...

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Two parent household.

Being raised in a 2 parent household isn't always better though. It's a case by case situation on that one. I think people put all marriages into the same box but uncoupled couples is a real thing that alot of people don't talk about. And growing up in a house like that can affect you worse than if they was doing the shared custody thing. I grew up in that type of house. My parents always got into it with each other. It wasn't physical but they stayed arguing. And when they split up what shoulda been a 1-2 year demo ended up strung out over the course of 6-7 years cuz they got back together and split up again. Divorce takes its toll on children of any race but I think a lot of us miss how much it hits our race. Black kids, especially boys, need all the supervision they can get. You already know how divorce is, dividing up shyt and OD heavy emotions and stress. And the kid doesn't get as much attention as he used to just off the parents having to deal with the divorce shyt. In my case it happened at the worst time cuz it hit me in those early teen years and I went from getting put on punishment for not being in the house when the street lights came to running in the streets all day and night just off the fact that they was too stressed to be strict anymore. kids exploit holes in shyt and the type of git I was I blew that shyt wide open. And I'm sure if my parents would have broken up when I was younger and had already been doing shared custody I wouldn't been able to do the knuckle head shyt I ended up getting into. Not even touching on the emotional shyt on having to grow up listening to 2 adults yell at each other all the time. I think we all, men and women, need to look at that side of marriage too. Cuz even folks who get hitched with the best intentions don't always end up in a happy ending married life.

imp7

Pro
Daps
I don't. I prefer to be alone..I was raised as an only child so I'm used to being alone and not having to share spaces. I still live at home with my mom b/c I'm cheap, but in the future I will move out and maybe get a small apartment/house and get a dog or cat.
I am approaching my mid 20's and I have never dated and honestly I don't want a relationship. As long as I have family and a few good friends and go outside every so often I think I will be ok.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I don't know man. My parent's marriage overall has been solid. I just know so many people that divorced or have baby moms.. I dunno. Alimony, child support, having to split your shyt and start over... it seems useless nowadays. Why does my love of a female have to become a gamble?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had dreams of marriage and lots of kids when I was young and naïve...then I grew up and found out reality

So I doubt I'm getting married or having children

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
Being raised in a 2 parent household isn't always better though. It's a case by case situation on that one. I think people put all marriages into the same box but uncoupled couples is a real thing that alot of people don't talk about. And growing up in a house like that can affect you worse than if they was doing the shared custody thing. I grew up in that type of house. My parents always got into it with each other. It wasn't physical but they stayed arguing. And when they split up what shoulda been a 1-2 year demo ended up strung out over the course of 6-7 years cuz they got back together and split up again. Divorce takes its toll on children of any race but I think a lot of us miss how much it hits our race. Black kids, especially boys, need all the supervision they can get. You already know how divorce is, dividing up shyt and OD heavy emotions and stress. And the kid doesn't get as much attention as he used to just off the parents having to deal with the divorce shyt. In my case it happened at the worst time cuz it hit me in those early teen years and I went from getting put on punishment for not being in the house when the street lights came to running in the streets all day and night just off the fact that they was too stressed to be strict anymore. kids exploit holes in shyt and the type of git I was I blew that shyt wide open. And I'm sure if my parents would have broken up when I was younger and had already been doing shared custody I wouldn't been able to do the knuckle head shyt I ended up getting into. Not even touching on the emotional shyt on having to grow up listening to 2 adults yell at each other all the time. I think we all, men and women, need to look at that side of marriage too. Cuz even folks who get hitched with the best intentions don't always end up in a happy ending married life.
Nah I get all that that's why I said taking the circumstances into account. Life isn't perfect.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
I had dreams of marriage and lots of kids when I was young and naïve...then I grew up and found out reality

So I doubt I'm getting married or having children
Yeah yeah yeah see ya walking down the altar lol